Tusker House Character interaction

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Will be bringing our grandsons with their parents for a 4 night stay in October. I think the characters here will satisfy our DGS. They will be 6 and 7, and this is their first WDW stay. DS and DDIL are not Disney fans, but the kids do watch some Disney Junior shows on TV.

Do you think meeting Russell and doing the Explorer badges is enough character interaction?
Our other DS and family are huge Disney fans so planning with them was never a problem.

I guess I am asking, do you think a character meal is a must do for a WDW trip. Our sons grew up going to WDW every three years, mostly in the 1980’s. We did eat with characters, went to the Campfire at FW often.

Last edited:
It depends on the kids really. My daughters first trip she was 3 1/2 and heavily into Mickey Mouse club, Frozen, and Disney Princesses. Tusker House and Akershus absolutely blew her away. She still enjoys meeting characters but there's nothing like that look of awe from a first time child visitor to the parks. I'm really glad Tusker House was our first character experience with her.

The characters at Tusker House are great & the food has a good variety (and a children's station). DD13 requests this every trip (for both food & characters)!

We personally do several characters meals during our trips. Each offer different characters and different food. Happy Planning!

Thanks...this is the one I will suggest.

We are staying at Kidani, and I think AK is where we will spend most time. There and MK.

Will be bringing our grandsons with their parents for a 4 night stay in October. I think the characters here will satisfy our DGS. They will be 6 and 7, and this is their first WDW stay. DS and DDIL are not Disney fans, but the kids do watch some Disney Junior shows on TV.

Do you think meeting Russell and doing the Explorer badges is enough character interaction?
Our other DS and family are huge Disney fans so planning with them was never a problem.

I guess I am asking, do you think a character meal is a must do for a WDW trip. Our sons grew up going to WDW every three years, mostly in the 1980’s. We did eat with characters, went to the Campfire at FW often.

Our family is not super into Disney movies or characters, but we love vacationing in Disney. We went to Disney with our then 4 year old in Nov. 2017 (it was his first trip), and he loved meeting the characters at Tusker House. It was one of his absolute favorite parts of the trip. We are going again in a few weeks with our now 5 year old, and his 6 and 7 year old cousins... and we are going to eat there our first night. Being not huge character/disney movie fans, We aren't really into long waits to meet characters in the parks, and this gives them the opportunity to do that while enjoying a meal! I'm sure they'll love it.

I think it would be easier to go to the TH and get the main character meet all at once. You will like the pictures of your grandchildren. Seeing Mickey is a must!

If the grandchildren like Russel and doing the adventures - great, but there are so many other things to do at AK.

Just making sure you're aware that there's no character interaction when doing the Wilderness Explorer badges? Are they big fans of the movie Up? Otherwise there are a lot of other characters you can meet at AK (and the other parks!)

We love Tusker House! I'm not huge on waiting in lines for characters, but I love the food at TH and I consider the characters a bonus. Plus, breakfast is one of the cheaper buffets on property, and if you shoot for a 10:30-10:45 reservation, you will most likely get to enjoy lunch buffet items too!

Just making sure you're aware that there's no character interaction when doing the Wilderness Explorer badges? Are they big fans of the movie Up? Otherwise there are a lot of other characters you can meet at AK (and the other parks!)
Yes, believe it or not, UP was their first exposure to Disney! Their other movie favorite is Fox and the Hound! We live in NJ, they live in TX, we have watched each of those movies at least 5 times with them.
The Wilderness Explorer badges I THINK would be a hit. I know they are done with CM’s. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter