TUSKER HOUSE for solo breakfast?

It is a very solo friendly dining place. I ate there solo for breakfast in February of this year. For me it was way too much food. But delicious.

I had brunch (was booked right before 11 am and got breakfast and lunch) solo a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. The food is just too good to not go solo :D And I don't mind sitting by myself in a character restaurant :upsidedow

Is this a solo friendly dining place? Any experiences?
I have experienced Tusker House solo and also with a large group. Both experiences were great! It’s a good idea to get a reservation around 10:30 to pay the breakfast price, but get breakfast and lunch food items.

It shouldn't be a problem. I've actually never done it solo, but I bet they will put you at this set of two-top tables against the wall, it's out of the way but still very visible, so you won't be forgotten or anything. I actually like sitting over in that area and have had the same excellent server many times in that section. Last time I was with a party of three which meant we sat in a different area and I didn't like the section and the server wasn't as good. I saw my man hustling about though!

It shouldn't be a problem. I've actually never done it solo, but I bet they will put you at this set of two-top tables against the wall, it's out of the way but still very visible, so you won't be forgotten or anything
Yes. I've been there solo and with others. The solo times, and often when a party of two, they did put me/us at the two-top tables near the back wall. This used to be my favorite restaurant at WDW, but as we've discussed on other threads, most of the exotic food items that made this restaurant unique, have been removed from the buffet, and the food selections have become more generic and bland, to where I just don't find it a special restaurant anymore.

I ate breakfast solo at TH few years ago and would happily go back. There was a nice adult couple seated at the two-top next to mine and we ended up taking photos for each other when there wasn't a character handler handy.

I agree with @Lilsia above; 6 solo trips and I've never eaten anywhere at WDW that wasn't solo friendly.

I am contemplating a solo trip but I have always wondered - how do they know if you are just getting up to get more food from the buffet or if you are done? I suppose not paying the bill yet at a T-SHIRT is a huge clue but what about at a counter service? If you got up to just get more ketchup or something? I only take a very small bag to the parks and would not want to leave it at the table when I am not there.

I am contemplating a solo trip but I have always wondered - how do they know if you are just getting up to get more food from the buffet or if you are done? I suppose not paying the bill yet at a T-SHIRT is a huge clue but what about at a counter service? If you got up to just get more ketchup or something? I only take a very small bag to the parks and would not want to leave it at the table when I am not there.

I've never eaten solo at a Disney buffet specifically, but I have eaten solo at buffets elsewhere. I always leave something at the table--I make sure it's something that wouldn't cause heartbreak if it got stolen, like a pair of sunglasses (I wear cheap sunglasses; ymmv if you wear nicer ones) or whatever paperback novel I brought with me to read while I eat. Theoretically it's the same at counter service, but tbh I assume that if I get up from a table at a counter service area my seat is gone as soon as I leave it.

Most places do a pretty good job of watching out for you. I eat at Boma every trip and the servers are excellent there. I have never had an issue with them assuming I was gone. And, of course, I had not paid yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter