Tusker House or Boma for dinner

busymomma123

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation for 4:30 at Y&Y, but that's not an ideal time. We are usually late eaters. Unfortunately for a party of seven, that's the best they could do. TH and Boma has some openings a little later. We have some picky eaters in our group and I'm not sure if they will go over well. Is one of these worth a try or should I try somewhere else? Thanks

We have a reservation for 4:30 at Y&Y, but that's not an ideal time. We are usually late eaters. Unfortunately for a party of seven, that's the best they could do. TH and Boma has some openings a little later. We have some picky eaters in our group and I'm not sure if they will go over well. Is one of these worth a try or should I try somewhere else? Thanks
Both are buffets, both have 'exotic flavors'.

However, even picky eaters can typically find something on a buffet.

Boma is better food quality.

Tusker House has Characters.

But going resort-to-resort is not always that easy at Disney unless driving yourself or taking a taxi.

In a nutshell, I would not go out of my way for Boma versus Tusker House. But if staying at AKLodge, Boma is better food (unless you want Characters, and I like Goofy).....:goofy:

Tusker House could be difficult for picky eaters unless they are ok with the kids section which I remember has great mac & cheese & chicken. I’ve never been to Boma unfortunately. Good luck with your final decision!

Have you compared the menus? African vs Asian, both exotic.

My picky eater wouldn’t eat at any of them - except breakfast at Tusker House, which is our family’s favorite.

Boma definitely. The kids in our group still talk about how much they disliked the dinner buffet at Tusker House 2 years later. Boma has a bigger kid and dessert sections. But the soup selections at Boma will always win out.

Boma has better food. It's a short ride over from AK. And you can watch the animals outside on the savanna.

Boma hands down. Even my kids prefer Boma over Tusker House. The food is better and we aren't huge fans of character meals.

You can take the bus over to AKL and then back to AK. It's really not that difficult. In a pinch, we've taken a Minnie lyft.

Boma 10000%! The menu is amazing and your picky eaters will definitely find a bunch of food to eat.

We thought Tusker House was awful when we ate there last year. We dined at 15 restaurants that trip and it was the only one our party of six all disliked. We are trying Boma this time around.

We love both places! We have lunch at TH (same menu as dinner) and we think it's very good. The selection of dishes isn't as wide as it is at Boma, but you get the characters. Boma is also very good and probably the better option if neither characters nor in-park location is necessary.

Both tusker house and boma are great choices..My family has picky eaters and they were able to find something to eat without any problems at both restaurants. While I enjoy both, boma is the best restaurant on property in my opinion.

We have eaten at both with picky eaters & both have great options.
Our picky eaters have found something they both like at both restaurants.
For us TH wins just on the character experience for the little ones.
But Boma would be our adult choice.
Both restaurants have a great selection on they're buffets.

Reading this thread now has me worried. We have a lunch reservation at Tusker House based on several recommendations. What is it you all didn’t like about it? We also have a res at Y&Y.....oy

Reading this thread now has me worried. We have a lunch reservation at Tusker House based on several recommendations. What is it you all didn’t like about it? We also have a res at Y&Y.....oy
I was just at TH a couple of weeks ago and it is an old favorite. I was worried based on some of the reviews I read here, but it ended up our favorite meal of the entire trip. It was amazing and I am still dreaming of the things I ate there. Not sure what happened with those people but my recent experience was amazing.

I wouldn't worry at all. Every restaurant will get a bad review here and there. Personally I've never had a bad experience there. It's one of my kids favorite character meals both for the food and character interaction. Enjoy!

Its easy to take a bus to Boma eat make back to the park quick. I vote for Boma but mainly its for the Zebra Domes. A must try desert and if you go to Boma check out those soups. You can easily make a meal right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter