Tusker House or Boma for dinner

Boma dinner is probably the best buffet on property. We ate there on our first night and after my husband wanted to do it again(couldn't fit it in otherwise I would have considered it)

Both are very good.
I think it comes down to a few things:
1. Do you want to leave the park to eat. While AKL is not too far away, with a bus ride each way and going through security, you could take close to an hour to get there and back, if you were going back to the park.
2. Do you want character dining? TH is, Boma is not.
3. Which menu is more appealing? Boma has a lot of options from routine buffet to more african inspired. Something for nearly everyone.

We are at Tusker House a few weeks ago. My husband is a chef ....he was very concerned about the food temp of the food served. The wait staff was nice and my kids enjoyed the characters. Needless to say we will likely not eat there again because to food on the buffet was not likely at the right temp. Would recommend Boma

BOMA! We have three kids and one picky eater, and Boma was big hit! We did not like Tusker house. We are heading back to the WDW, and Boma is on the list again!

Reading this thread now has me worried. We have a lunch reservation at Tusker House based on several recommendations. What is it you all didn’t like about it? We also have a res at Y&Y.....oy

Please take feedback with a grain of salt. If you booked this restaurant you had your reasons, so I would give it a chance. I do not like TH, however if you have read any of my posts, you see I like Chef Mickey's, one of the worst reviewed restaurant on the DIS> So go figure! LOL! I also enjoy TOny's, THE worst reviewed restaurant. DInign is personal preference and what one likes, another will not.

OP- if you are staying in DAK< I would plan the meal in the park. If you are not planning to return, I would choose Boma over TH. I know for some leaving and returning is a nice break, but I never fine it relaxing to leave a park just to eat and then return after the meal. If you are lookign for a reason to visit AKL, that is different, but just to eat? I would not want to spend the travel time.

Reading this thread now has me worried. We have a lunch reservation at Tusker House based on several recommendations. What is it you all didn’t like about it? We also have a res at Y&Y.....oy
We all like different things so have different views on where and what to eat. We tried TH for lunch the first time on our last visit and loved it! My wife is a vegetarian and they produced a guide for her of all the vegetarian/vegan dishes on offer and we both had plenty to choose from and the character interactions were really well done. We have definitely added this to our must do again list. As for Boma - we did breakfast there twice on our last visit - again there is plenty to choose from and well worth the short hop from AK (we only use Disney transport for our visits and the bus ride is quick and easy to use).

Yeah...I wouldn't worry too much about the opinions. Restaurants have bad days or can just be inconsistent, and food preferences is all such a subjective thing. We are not fans of Tusker, but I chose not to share that with a friend who went last year and she loved it. So, it's always best to use first-hand experience to form your opinions and make your decisions.

Ahh this post has me worried. We are staying at AKL in August and I reserved tusker house lunch, Sanaa and boma breakfast. Am I going to regret not doing boma dinner?

To make it easy on you and your group, I'd stay at AKL and eat at TH.

If you are leaving AK for the day any way then you could go to Bomas.

We have a reservation for 4:30 at Y&Y, but that's not an ideal time. We are usually late eaters. Unfortunately for a party of seven, that's the best they could do. TH and Boma has some openings a little later. We have some picky eaters in our group and I'm not sure if they will go over well. Is one of these worth a try or should I try somewhere else? Thanks

Boma is amazing. With Yak and Yeti, they won't make reservations for parties greater than 6 I believe unless it's at really "off" times. We have a party of 8 and they told us I believe we could reserve between 2:30-4:30, or we could reserve two tables of 4 at a better time, and chance that we couldn't sit together. This is another option to look into if you wouldn't mind being split up... But Boma is absolutely fantastic.

Tusker House is very very good. It's just that Boma is better. Don't worry about Tusker House, the food is great and so are the characters. Boma's food is just a step above and very unique.

Ahh this post has me worried. We are staying at AKL in August and I reserved tusker house lunch, Sanaa and boma breakfast. Am I going to regret not doing boma dinner?

If you are staying at AKL, I would definitely want to eat at Boma for dinner. The breakfast is delicious but the dinner is even better. And it's so convenient to finish your dinner and then walk back to your room. If you can only do one or the other, I'd drop that Tusker House ADR in a heartbeat.

We love lunch at TH! We tried breakfast last time and while it wasn’t bad we just like lunch better. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter