Tusker House v Chef Mickey’s

Navychica

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between a Tusker House late lunch reservation or a Chef Mickey’s dinner that night. Priority is character dining, but good food’s important too! We’re also eating at Cape May (breakfast) and Garden Grill (breakfast), so we’ll hit all the big characters regardless. Thoughts on which buffet?

I vote for Tusker House as well. It all depends on how adventurous you are with different foods. If you enjoy different variety of foods then Tusker House is great for lunch/dinner!

Well, there was a time when I would have said Tusker House hands down, but my last trip there wasn't as spectacular as previous ones. They took away some of the cooler menu items, and while the food was still quite good, it was less special. In my mind, it's a toss-up now.

Tusker House, although I'm fine with Chef Mickey's too. Tusker House just has some different food option that I like to try and also has plenty "normal options" to satisfy the less adventurous eaters.

I've never been to Chef Mickey's, but I have been to Tusker House just for the food... it is one of my favorite places at WDW. An amazing buffet, and an even better atmosphere.

We love Tusker House do it every year for dinner, We only do Chef Mickeys for breakfast

Tusker House has a great selection of food that kids will love (and interesting selections for adults, too!). I think Tusker also has better character interaction than Chef Mickey's. The jungle outfits that Mickey and friends wear at Tusker House is an added bonus. You'd probably have a great time at either, but I'd go Tusker House without question.

Tusker for sure. Bigger variety for different people. I feel like Chef Mickey caters to little kids only, nothing exciting on the menu. I like the seating better at Tusker, too.

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards sticking with Tusker House, and y’all confirmed it. Appreciate the input!

Since you mentioned good food is also important in your decision that would leave Chef Mickey out. CM was the worst meal I ever had at WDW. Shame on me for giving it a second chance the next year later. That was the second worst dining experience I have ever had at WDW. I won't make that mistake again. Noisy, young kids picking out food with bare hands (parents fault not Disney) and simply Golden Corral quality food. Decent character interaction though. As for Tusker House; TH and Boma are about the only buffets I will do for lunch or dinner. TH offers some pretty good offerings for a buffet and the characters are a lot of fun. Not even close, Tusker House in a landslide.

So many people love Tusker House...we tried it last Summer (dinner) and I absolutely hated it. Worst Disney meal I've ever had! I don't understand people's love for that place. I will say that I hate curry and a lot of their dishes were curry based, so that could have something to do with my hatred. So needless to say, Chef Mickey would be my pick.

Trying to decide between a Tusker House late lunch reservation or a Chef Mickey’s dinner that night. Priority is character dining, but good food’s important too! We’re also eating at Cape May (breakfast) and Garden Grill (breakfast), so we’ll hit all the big characters regardless. Thoughts on which buffet?
Character wise - Tusker / Chef Mickey / Cape May have similar characters with a mix of the so-called Fab 6 (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy).

Kenny the Pirate has excellent details:
https://www.kennythepirate.com/dining/disney-world-character-meal-list/
Food wise - Chef Mickey's has the worst reputation. On the other hand, both Cape May & Tusker have very good reputations for food.

So on just a food basis, I'd select Tusker over Chef Mickey.

One additional thought, Trattoria al Forno has Princesses & Princes.

So if I'm helping to spend your money (your welcome), I'd suggest (even though I'm a Goofy-fan) dropping Cape May and replacing it with Trattoria al Forno....and go to Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter