Tutto Italia and Mama Melrose

glennsgirl762

My Heart Belongs To Disney!! I Am A Member of Th
Hi everyone, looking for opinions on both of them as we have reservations for both. It’s just me and DH. We’ve never been to either of these restaurants but we love Via Napoli, it’s the only Italian restaurant we’ve eaten at in all the 20 years going. We always try different places to eat each trip and thought we’d give them a try. Thanks in advance!-Connie

To me, Mama Melrose is just ok. However the podcast had a dining review over there in around April and they really liked it- you should try to find and listen to that show.

As for Tutto- we have always had a good experience there. Through the years it feels like they have become a little less authentic and more pre-fab; but still good nonetheless. We have actually been going over to tutto gusto a lot lately. The menu is pretty limited but the food is always great.

If you’re looking for a really good Italian restaurant in the area you could also try Il Mulino over at the Swan. They only serve dinner but definitely worth a shot.

Tutto Italia is very good. We have enjoyed many delicious meals there. We haven't been back since Via Napoli came. Mama Melrose is sub par "Italian" cuisine, and I would never return.

Thank you so much. I never even thought about Il Mulino. I’ll see if there’s anything available. Thanks again!

Whatever makes you happy. I think the point to the OP is that Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, and Il Mulino in particular are on a different level than MM.

That's great knowledge and I am happy to know and if I am not on the DDP I plan to try the recommended place. I was on the fence about Mama Melrose myself but if it is compared to Olive Garden and I like that food then I think I will try it. I didn't mean to sound like that information wasn't good.

The girls loved Tutto but Mama has made their never again list. It was a mixed bag there out of 8 people 4 really liked the food and 4 hated it. The kicker was the service or really the lack of. The seemed to be in a hurry to free up the table except they never gave us our Fantasmic pass/ticket and we waited almost half an hour with no sign of our waitress.

The girls loved Tutto but Mama has made their never again list. It was a mixed bag there out of 8 people 4 really liked the food and 4 hated it. The kicker was the service or really the lack of. The seemed to be in a hurry to free up the table except they never gave us our Fantasmic pass/ticket and we waited almost half an hour with no sign of our waitress.

May I ask what the 4 that didn't like it had?

Since it's just the two of you and if you are considering Shula's or Il Mulino I assume aren't afraid to spend some cash...look at the menu for Wine Bar George in Disney Springs. Looks AMAZING and the reviews are fantastic! You can split a bunch of small plates, or they have family style plates that serve two or more.

The menu has Italian, Mediterranean, Asian and Latin cuisine on it!

We would choose to go there. :)

If you aren't on the dining plan, as others have suggested, take a look at Il Mulino. If you are on the dining plan, we prefer Trattoria al Forno over Mama Melrose and Tutto.

Thank you for everyone’s input and jsmla for your pictures, I truly appreciate it! This particular night will be our anniversary dinner, so we don’t mind spending the money. We’re not fond of the Olive Garden so Mama Melrose is gonna have to go. I am looking at the menu for Il Mulino the food looks and sounds delicious. Now to choose between I’ll Mulino or Tutto Itlalia, decisions, decisions lol thanks agains!- Connie

**DisneyWishes14 We are not on the dining plan.

Everyone is making me second guess my Mama Melrose also. Its so hard to find a good meal at HS. Maybe I will just go to DS that day.

Hi everyone, looking for opinions on both of them as we have reservations for both. It’s just me and DH. We’ve never been to either of these restaurants but we love Via Napoli, it’s the only Italian restaurant we’ve eaten at in all the 20 years going. We always try different places to eat each trip and thought we’d give them a try. Thanks in advance!-Connie

Of the two, we've only been to Tutto Italia, but we loved it! I had the best fish, DS most likely had chicken parm (it's his "go-to") and I don't remember what DH had. Our waiter was extremely attentive, and we all enjoyed our meal there.

Like you, we try to explore a couple of new places each trip. Our Italian choice next time is actually brand new - Maria & Enzo's, at Disney Springs:
https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/4189-maria-enzo-s-opens-at-disney-springs

Everyone is making me second guess my Mama Melrose also. Its so hard to find a good meal at HS. Maybe I will just go to DS that day.

That's why I ate at MM-needed to both use a TC credit and eat on my DHS day. I don't like to leave the parks for meals when I'm solo and end up at MM pretty much every time I have the Dining Plan. It's not awful, but not great either and I enjoy Olive Garden. I usually skip the pasta dishes there because I find them to be just too bland for my taste.

I hadn't eaten at Tutto since it was Alfredo's and was very pleasantly surprised by both the service and my meal.

The same thing happened to us with our Fantasmic passes! After a lousy meal, it was so irritating.

Only been to Tutto Italia but I can at least say all in my party enjoyed the meal. Italian steak was great. My wife and sister in law licked the plate clean of lasgana. Cannoli and tiramisu were very good. Service was great. Only thing I’d avoid is the shrimp risotto. Had no flavor and just tasted bad. Waiter apologized and brought me a steak. No complaints especially since we are going back next month.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter