Tutto Italia and Mama Melrose

That's why I ate at MM-needed to both use a TC credit and eat on my DHS day. I don't like to leave the parks for meals when I'm solo and end up at MM pretty much every time I have the Dining Plan. It's not awful, but not great either and I enjoy Olive Garden. I usually skip the pasta dishes there because I find them to be just too bland for my taste.

I hadn't eaten at Tutto since it was Alfredo's and was very pleasantly surprised by both the service and my meal.

Thank you for the insight. We are eating at 50's later in the week and we are on the DxDDP so trying to make most out of the app, entree, and dessert portion.

I hadn't eaten at Tutto since it was Alfredo's and was very pleasantly surprised by both the service and my meal.

I do miss Alfredo's. :sad1: Tutto has been good for us, but I'd have to give the nod to Il Mulino. The D&S restaurants are currently the class of on-property dining right now, IMO. An after dinner stroll around Crescent Lake to walk off all of that pasta is also a plus, lol.

We used to love MM, our last time there was really disappointing. Their calamari appetizer portion and quality is a joke, so avoid that unless you want to be really disappointed. Their price per portion doesn't even make sense anymore. I think because of the DDP or DlxDP, their portions for out of pocket guests now seems really out of whack. For chicken parm at $23+ tax and tip, they should at least serve you a decent amount of pasta and sauce to go with their small piece of chicken.

If you are on the DlxDDP, then go to either or both, Tutto is nice, I like their food, their calamari is excellent. I also like their lasagna and cannoli.

Well one had the fish and 2 had the spaghetti and the 4th had the chicken parmigiana. Everyone else had the steak which was good.

Seems like if you go the Steak is the only safe thing which for an italian place that is not a good thing at all.

Seems like if you go the Steak is the only safe thing which for an italian place that is not a good thing at all.
At Disney I have found over the years that even the places with horrible reps tend to be able to do their steaks OK. Luckily my 18 year old daughter and I are major carnivores. When she and her half sister are picking out the places we are going to eat her one iron rule before trying a new place. They must serve steak.

Of the two, we've only been to Tutto Italia, but we loved it! I had the best fish, DS most likely had chicken parm (it's his "go-to") and I don't remember what DH had. Our waiter was extremely attentive, and we all enjoyed our meal there.

Like you, we try to explore a couple of new places each trip. Our Italian choice next time is actually brand new - Maria & Enzo's, at Disney Springs:
https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/4189-maria-enzo-s-opens-at-disney-springs

PollyannaMom so many choices lol! Oooh Maria and Enzo’s sounds good too. We’re gonna have to add that one for our next trip to Disney! Hope you enjoy your meal there!

At Disney I have found over the years that even the places with horrible reps tend to be able to do their steaks OK. Luckily my 18 year old daughter and I are major carnivores. When she and her half sister are picking out the places we are going to eat her one iron rule before trying a new place. They must serve steak.

I am thinking I am going to try the new place at DS. I think its called Terralina. They have a lot of options for the DxDDP

I am thinking I am going to try the new place at DS. I think its called Terralina. They have a lot of options for the DxDDP

Just to give my two cents. You should really go to wherever the menu interests you the most and decide for yourself. If we listened to everyone we never would have tried Le Cellier which we loved! Also we tried Hollywood Brown Derby based on the good reviews and will never return. We’ve been to Tutto and Mama and enjoyed both. Tutto we ordered pasta dishes and Mama we ordered the steak and macaroni and cheese (AWESOME)! We’ve also been to Il Mulino and the food was delicious but we didn’t like the atmosphere of the restaurant. Lots of business/ conference people there. We have not been to any of the new Italian restaurants in DS yet but Wine Bar George is on my radar. Good luck!

Just to give my two cents. You should really go to wherever the menu interests you the most and decide for yourself. If we listened to everyone we never would have tried Le Cellier which we loved! Also we tried Hollywood Brown Derby based on the good reviews and will never return. We’ve been to Tutto and Mama and enjoyed both. Tutto we ordered pasta dishes and Mama we ordered the steak and macaroni and cheese (AWESOME)! We’ve also been to Il Mulino and the food was delicious but we didn’t like the atmosphere of the restaurant. Lots of business/ conference people there. We have not been to any of the new Italian restaurants in DS yet but Wine Bar George is on my radar. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your input. I have really been on the fence about Mama for awhile and feel like I was forcing it to have something at HS. I know you are 100 percent right about going where you like.

This! I have an ADR for Sept 1st because I am also on the DlxDP and the apps and desserts looks fabulous.

Of MM and Tutto, I prefer Tutto for both service and food.

My sisters and I ate at Tutto - twice - and we all had the lasagna. The last time was Dec 2017. It was so good! I ate at MM years ago and it was just so-so. Mind you, that was a long time ago.

I agree, meals at DHS are tough. Next trip I am going to try HBD lounge.

The Brown Derby Lounge is my go-to at DHS when I'm not on the Dining Plan. Highly recommend the shrimp and grits if is still on the menu.

My hubby and enjoyed the Brown Derby Lounge also. We shared a charcuterie board and something else I cannot remember what it was. The Brown Derby Lounge was a nice relaxing break from park.

I’m not a fan of Tutto. We had blah food and really indifferent service there. I’d personally try Il Mulino.

Last edited:
I tried a Chef’s seasonal brisket at Mama Melrose recently and it was delicious. I also happen to loathe Olive Garden and have yet to try Tutto. Take all that how you will :)

We have eaten at both.
Mama Melrose, I love the atmosphere. The food was good at lunch. Nothing special, but have had much worse. A lot of options with heavy sauces, but not all options are like that. We will go back again.
Tutto Italia again really like the atmosphere. The food was much better.
If you are looking for a good Italian, I would suggest Il Mulino at the Swan. The food is much better than either of the other 2 options, but you have to leave the parks to get to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter