TV Programs you liked that lasted less then a year

Angie. Remember that one from when I was a kid. It starred Donna Pescow from Saturday Night Fever as Angie. I think my family watched it because it was set in Philly. If I remember correctly...and I just checked so I do...Doris Roberts played her mom. I see now that it actually lasted two seasons, but it really was blink and you'll miss it.

Yep. And Robert Hays (from Airplane) played Angie's husband!

Okay -- I know I'm probably the only person who loved this show, but loved Wizards and Warriors in the early 1980's.

The funniest return (and similar to Wizards and Warriors) was the start of the second season to Galavant -- it was a full musical rendition to the fact it got renewed:

This season may be all you get to squeeze,
So in the weeks to come
Ignore the pageants that they'll hold,
Skip the football matches and the globes that are made out of gold,
Screw all those Apprentices and every Bachelorette
And get into the miracle that no one thought we'd get.

Last edited:
I was a teenager when this show was on: Young Americans. I believe it only lasted one summer and then the network never did anything more with it. I got so invested in those characters! Man, was I mad! I even emailed the network (I think maybe it was the CW?) begging them to make it a series.

Another vote for Firefly. After that I usually don't watch a show in its first season. Even though I was always a big Green Arrow fan, I didn't start watching Arrow until it was confirmed it would get a second season.

Don't Trust the B in Apt 23
After checking, it actually had 2 seasons, but it wasn't enough. I loved this show.

Firefly, as has been mentioned several times.

Monday Mornings
Off the Map

I came into this thread just to reply w/ "Off the Map"!!

I LOVED that show, & hardly anyone else even remembers it!

Also...

Pan Am
GCB
666 Park Avenue

Those 4 shows killed my trust in ABC, & I won't get started watching any of their other new shows because I'm afraid the same thing will happen - I'll love it, & they'll cancel it w/o giving it a chance.

I forgot Pan Am

Two others that I liked and lasted only one or two seasons were American Dreams and Something About Brian ( not sure if that’s the correct full name of the series)

I have both Pan Am and My So Called Life on dvd. They were both great, and I just think the networks didn’t support them like they should. There was so much critical acclaim for My So Called Life, and it’s the first modern, teen focused drama I recall watching. It never felt “soapy” like some teen shows can. It definitely had an edge. Pan Am was a little less surefooted when it came to story lines. I don’t think they had quite pinned down where they wanted it to go. But in a way that helped it feel more real as well. Even the kind of far fetched spy and smuggling stories kind of fit because of the time period it was set in. It was also one gorgeous show to watch! I got a new tv for my birthday and the first thing I did was pop in a Pan Am dvd to check out the picture. Just beautiful!

Another all time fave of mine is Ellery Queen, with Jim Hutton, from the 1975/1976 season. I have those on dvd as well. I like a mystery show where it’s about the mystery, not how graphic we can make the murder. Plus I like how the whole thing is presented, and then Ellery asks the audience if they have figured it out. It was produced by the same team that later did Murder She Wrote, which lasted several years and actually utilized some scripts that had been written for the next season of Ellery, had it been picked up.

One I enjoyed as a kid that I haven’t ever seen on tape or dvd was a show called Sara, with Brenda Vaccaro as a schoolteacher in the pioneer west. I believe that was also during the 1975/1976 season, but not sure. It was only on one season, but I never missed an episode.

Luck on HBO - Initially renewed for a Season 2 but then I guess some of the horses used for filming died so they pulled the plug.

I really enjoyed the beginning of Powerless. It has potential and the writers did not lead it anywhere. I never finished the first season because it got cancelled. Can't remember if the last Muppet show was 1 or 2 seasons. I really enjoyed it.

Abby’s -I never saw it over the air, but my wife and I binged it on Hulu and we couldn’t wait for season 2 only to see it was canceled.
I think most shows now get shortchanged do to everyone binging and not knowing when something is on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter