TV Programs you liked that lasted less then a year

One I enjoyed as a kid that I haven’t ever seen on tape or dvd was a show called Sara, with Brenda Vaccaro as a schoolteacher in the pioneer west. I believe that was also during the 1975/1976 season, but not sure. It was only on one season, but I never missed an episode.

I forgot about Sara. Yes, it was 75/76 on Friday nights. I was disappointed but not surprised when it got cancelled.

Another one from the era. All That Glitters. It was a syndicated show broadcast late, about 11pm, Monday thru Friday. Sort of a soap opera parody. Gender role-reversal plot. Women were the business executives, factory workers, etc., while men were househusbands or secretaries. Too ahead of its time.

Mercy- it was an NBC show, but I made the mistake of watching the entire first season on Netflix. It ended with a cliffhanger and wasn't renewed

This one was good. DH and I liked it more than the other medical dramas that were on at the time. We had a feeling it would get canceled because we actually watched it. Isn't that what always happens?

American Dreams was good. Actually got three seasons. I feel like the last season may not have been as good. Maybe it occurred during one of the writers strikes?

American Dreams was another show that kept getting preempted. Sometimes it wouldn't be shown for several weeks at a time and the audience would drift away. I think it was always Sunday evenings.

I looked it up and the show was shifted to Wednesday evenings toward the end of its third and final season.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter