Tweaking ADR's

candielips

DIS Veteran
So how often does everyone tweak their reservations. I just started making my ADR's yesterday for our Sept. trip and already this morning I have been canceling and rescheduling and changing times :scared1:
Is this normal? If so, how often do you find yourself doing this?
I have never been to WDW with more than a couple months notice so there wasn't the option to do all of this tweaking.

I started to do that even before I made my reservations:) You hear about a restaurant that you've never been to or start reviewing the times you've picked and that is bound to happen.

I do it a lot! It drives my DH crazy. Yesterday he was like "why are you changing everything" ... of course, everything was like 2 items, but still....he was basically telling me to step away from the adr's :rotfl2:

I did ours this morning and have already tweaked-
first off, in my 6 am haze I had the wrong day for two.
second, I went back in and got closer to the times I wanted (people probably had those times in their cart and either it timed out or they found a better ADR and it went back into the pool). In some cases, I found better times less than 30 minutes later.

I am HOPING this is it- but last year when it was 90 days I then went on several times a day trying to get different places and times that weren't available!

I'm trying the DxDP for the 1st time next trip! I've been messing with my times for 3 months. If I'm not changing anything, I'll ask DD if there's anything she wants me to change. Then I'll ask her if she really wants 10 character meals, and she'll say, "Yes, just leave them alone". I'm driving her nuts.
Everyday I stare at my schedule, thinking if there's anything I should change and realizing how little sleep we will get. :eek:

You are not alone. I do it all the time. For example I booked mine this morning and already have changed some of mine. My husband usually tells me to stop even looking at it because he gets sick of me changing things. I have also changed things while I was on vacation. :confused3 I must have a sickness! :)

:sick:
I've changed stuff on vacation too. But for me it was trying to get into some of the better restaurants that I was unable to secure before I left.
This time I have been able to get everything that we wanted and I'm still tweaking times.:yay:

Aarrgghh ....... I think I've tweaked our ADRs about a dozen times since I started out. I made ADRs online, and then starting rethinking some of the days and our general plan for that day (I don't have a minute-by-minute plan of our days but just have a idea of what park we'll be in), then changed two reservations because they should have been on the OTHER day, upgraded to DxDP, made more reservations, changed those, added on a few more reservations, tweaked the time on some of them, cancelled others ...... and now (maybe) I have my final ADRS ...... maybe.

I booked my trip and ADR's last Wed and I think I have tweaked almost daily. I did my last tweak last night. I swear I am done....I said that a few days ago too!!:rotfl2:

I am terrible for this. I had 16 nights of deluxe dining ADRs to make so you can imagine how many that has been! I called to make my ADR's as for some reason I couldn't retrieve my reservation online so I couldn't get the 180 +10, so I had to call, that was one long conversation.

Anyway I have had my reservations since Saturday and I have changed 7 reservations around, added two more restaurants and cancelled 3 all together:rotfl:I am almost happy but I am now thinking that the times for dinner are a bit early so may have to do a bit rescheduling again!

I am so glad I am not the only one. I have been working on my July trip since Jan and will probably change again- DH is annoyed as well.

We are leaving in three weeks and i am still tweaking ;)

I can't tweak most of them considering we are a party of eight, but dh and I are going out for dinner on our anniversary and I have changed it four times. :eek:

It's pretty normal, I think.

I am so glad that they have the on-line system now. I was so embarressed when I realized that they could see all my cancelations whenever I called and made changes. Everything that I had cancelled showed up under my phone number and a few CMs made comments about how many I had made :eek: Now I can tweak to my hearts content. I think I have canceled 30 or so reservations. :rolleyes1

It took me 6 months to get everything down to work out for the better. Change and change then changed again--- then I check crowd calender this past week and had to change my days around.

ADRs are now made and I wont touch them again.

I gotta work on counter services though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter