Thirteenth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City! *INFO COMING SOON*

Thanks! Yes, we've been here for 10 years now, so I think we like it :-) We just moved into our new home in Platte City and have decided this is the place for us. The Army brought us here, but now that we're both reservists, we get a say in where we live. It is a great place to be.
That's awesome well glad to have you and that you chose our metro to call home :love:

We live on the KS side of the metro.

Hi Tonia! Welcome to the thread! :) I am jealous that you have been able to do an ABD Backstage Magic trip. Disneyland is my "home" park since I grew up in Southern California, and I try to get out there as many times as I possibly can since that is my favorite park. :) I would love to go to Walt Disney Studios and Imagineering someday, but I will do that trip when the time is right. I also think we were in CA at the same time while you were on your Backstage Magic trip. I went out for the Candlelight Processional this last year. :)

We would love to have you! We try to meet at least once within a span of 2 months. With summer going strong now in Kansas City, we might try and take advantage of some warmer weather and meet on several occasions. We are also spread out around the Kansas City area which makes it difficult to plan things at times. We try to make things centrally located, but there are occasions where some people have a little bit of a drive. Hopefully we will get to meet in the near future! :)

Oh my gosh, it was so amazing and it was my first trip to DL! I’m already trying to figure out when I can do it again to take advantage of Star Wars in VIP style. That is on top of all the other ABDs I want to take (because, of course, now I want to do them all) LOL

Awesome! I’m excited to be able to able to make it out to one of the meet ups!

Yes! Someone else in the Northland!!

Northlanders unite

Hi Tonia! We’d love to have you join us. Everyone is super friendly and Disney crazy:earsboy:

Perfect! I will fit right in and my husband will be happy that I have other people to talk about Disney with. We went to Paris in March and I tried my best to talk him into Disneyland Paris, but he wasn’t all that interested

That's awesome well glad to have you and that you chose our metro to call home :love:

We live on the KS side of the metro.

Thanks! We have a lot of friends who live on the KS side, so we visit quite often

Perfect! I will fit right in and my husband will be happy that I have other people to talk about Disney with. We went to Paris in March and I tried my best to talk him into Disneyland Paris, but he wasn’t all that interested
:rotfl2::rotfl2:That's exactly what my husband said when I talked to him last year about doing meets.

Though seriously..I get to listen to powerplant, engineering talk it's only fair right!? :laughing:

Thanks! We have a lot of friends who live on the KS side, so we visit quite often
:hyper: I'm a bit partial to KS but I do have a few family members who live on the MO side. My father-in-law lives in Belton so we make that trek every now and then. Actually we're making that trek tonight (well to Raymore but nearly same thing lol) to play Singo Bingo at Minsky's pizza.

Ninth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *INFO*

Hi everyone. For those of us in the KC area, we are looking into meeting for the ninth and tenth times in the past several months. For those of you that did not join us for any of our previous meets, you are more than welcome to join in on these next events! If anyone has any recommendations on where we can meet or different activities in the KC area, please let me know.

Our very own Disboards member, @dolewhipdreams, will be performing in Shawnee Mission’s Theater in the Park production of Roders & Hammerstein’s South Pacific!

Date: June 29, 2018
Address: 7710 Renner Rd, Shawnee, KS 66217
Time: 7 p.m. (Show starts at 8:30 p.m.)

If you would like to attend this meet, it is highly recommended to purchase tickets early due to how long the line for tickets at the venue can be.

To purchase tickets, visit: https://www.theatreinthepark.org/ticket-options

Bring a blanket and a ground-level chair.

Please comment in this thread if you are able to make this event!

*Meet is subject to change due to weather*

Tenth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *INFO*

Date: July 14, 2018
Address: 11723 Roe Ave, Leawood, KS 66211
Time: 12 p.m.

Please comment in this thread if you are able to make this event!

Last edited:
The Lenexa BBQ is next Friday, so I won’t be able to make it to the show (My husband is on a BBQ team and this is the one they have a big party for), but best wishes @dolewhipdreams for a great performance!

I can make the July lunch though. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

The Lenexa BBQ is next Friday, so I won’t be able to make it to the show (My husband is on a BBQ team and this is the one they have a big party for), but best wishes @dolewhipdreams for a great performance!

I can make the July lunch though. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
I think I've only been the the Lenexa BBQ twice lol. Good luck to your husband though!

Glad you can make it to the July meet; looking forward to meeting you as well :hyper: ::yes::

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that we have seven performances so if you can't make Friday but still want to come see the show, we are also performing 6/23, 6/24, 6/27, 6/28, 6/29, and 6/30.

But again- no worries if you can't make it or don't want to come. But it's going to be a great show :D

We don't have a free weekend until August 11th so it might be a while before we see any of you :( So don't think we don't like you- we just won't be around for a while!

You guys have fun at the show!!

BTW congrats to our local DISer @OhioStateBuckeye for her article and it being part of the discussion on the DIS Unplugged WDW edition for 6/19 :jumping1:

(24mins in until 43mins).

It was quite a lively discussion they had on it for sure ::yes:: on a controversial topic but Pete gave high praise for being one of his favorite articles he's read in a long time :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!