• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Twenty Years and Counting-Pre-Trip Report

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
Okay, so this isn't my first pre-trip report, but I do intend to finish both this and the trip report. We had a pretty awful experience the last time. A twisted ankle three weeks before the trip and then a electric scooter that died pretty much anytime I looked at it, made the trip awful and not so much fun. I was dead set against going ever again.

That changed a few weeks ago. DH and I decided that we needed a break from everything. We were batting around ideas and decided that Disney is what we need after all. So, we are planning a trip to Disney.

The cast of characters for this trip might or might not change. It really all depends on our DS. See, he's waffling on whether or not he wants to go. Since it's nearly two years away, we have a lot of time to talk him into it.

So, for now the cast includes:

Me: DW to Mike and Mom to DS Chris. A 42 year old Disney addict. I've been to Disney more times than I can count. Was born and raised in Florida, but didn't catch the Disney bug until I was a senior in high school. Why? We went to Grad Night on our Senior high trip. It was love from the first time I saw the park. Sure, I'd been to Disney with my dad for a day here or there, but I was terrified of the rides. Especially Space Mountain. How terrified you might ask? Lets just say that when we went through the part on the TTA, I thought it was the ride and that my dad tricked me. I started freaking out and wanted to get off the ride. LOL!! :rotfl2: I was 10 at the time and didn't like the dark. :rotfl:

Fast forward 8 plus years and I was all about the rides. I loved everything about Disney after that. It is truly my happy place. My favorite character is Eeyore. Followed closely by Ariel. In fact I have a tattoo of each of them.:goodvibes

When DH and I married we were going to go on a honeymoon to Disney, but shortly after we were married I found out I was pregnant. So, we put it off for another 3 plus years. More about that later.

DH-Mike Hubby to me and dad to our DS. Slightly less obsessed than I am about Disney, but he still loves it. I mostly think that he puts up with it for me. His first trip to Disney was back in the 70's and one of his favorite pictures is when he met the three little pigs.

I tried and tried to find them when DS was little. To get a picture of him with them. All to no avail. :rolleyes2

His favorite character is Goofy. He can talk like him. DS used to like it when he was little, but now it just annoys him. LOL!!

DS-Chris. 17 now,but will be almost 19 by the time of the trip. Now we get to the unknown person attending the trip. LOL! He's not 100% sure that he wants to go. Although I think I have him convinced that he wants to go.

His first trip was when he turned 3. He couldn't do much at the time,but he loved It's A Small World. In fact, at the end when the boat goes up the ramp, he would throw his arms up. We still do it. Or at least we did. Until the last trip and he decided that he was too cool for it. :crazy2:

His favorite character is Mickey.

So, that's the particulars for now. I'm still working out the details.

I know that we will be driving down. Visiting relatives in Cocoa Beach and in South Florida. Still trying to decide which hotel to stay in and whether or not to do the Dining Plan.

So really, all we have in a plan. At least for now......

Okay, so after a bit of talking with DH, we have a tentative date planned.

Our Anniversary is January 31st. In 2016 we will have been married for 20 years. So, we will pick up the rental car on February 4th. I will take that day off and the following 10 plus days. I will pack the car and then we will leave when DH gets home.

Most of our travelling will be done after the congested times. I'll drive while he sleeps and then we will switch. LOL!

If we do the Dining Plan, it will probably the the 2 counter service meals per day. Yes, we love to eat, but we did the Deluxe Dining plan during the last trip and it was way too much food. My guys aren't big dessert eaters and to be honest, we felt like we lost park time because of the reservations. So, we will definitely do something different.

Probably breakfast in the room and then the 2 counter service meals. It works best for our family.

Our must do's while we are there:

Garden Grill- This is a must do on every trip. We loved their breakfast, but now they only have dinner. We still love it and it will be a must do for all of us.

Tusker House for breakfast- This is another must do for us. All of us love it and even though DH isn't a big breakfast fan, this is his one request for every trip. Their breakfast is awesome and another must do for our dining needs.

Crystal Palace- I love Eeyore and all of the Pooh characters so this must be on our list. We don't care if it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. We love the atmosphere and the Cast Members have always been super friendly and the food is pretty good also.

We are also looking forward to trying the new Test Track. I'm afraid that the new one won't be as good as the old one.

So, I'm not sure what's going on with the trip at this point. I have to get some massive dental work done. Over the past few years I've been losing teeth. Now,it's to the point where I am probably going to need to have all my teeth removed and get dentures.

DH is refusing to put off the trip or delaying getting my teeth done. So, we are going to need to so some creative budgeting and saving over the upcoming months. On the up side, I will be able to eat my favorite foods again.

Thankfully we do have dental insurance. So, with saving and income tax returns,we should be able to do both.... I'm trying to stay upbeat about everything, but it's hard....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter