Two Be Our Guest Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Abbey1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Abbey1

Abbey1 DIS Veteran

We'll be having lunch at BOG next week and I had two quick questions. First, we are planning on doing the online pre-order and I was wondering if any of the desserts are a stand-out other than the requisite master's cupcake (we've had the grey stuff at Disneyland and definitely want to try WDW's version).

Second, since we plan on pre-ordering what, if any, portion of the line do we skip? Do we just go directly to find a table or do we still need to check-in at one of the ordering kiosks? Thanks for any help!

2. Calee

Calee Mouseketeer

You still check in! However last time we went there was one check in line for those who had pre-ordered and another one for those who needed to order.

Crystal824 and Abbey1 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

There will be two lines when you arrive. The line to the right will be if you don't pre-order and will be pretty long. The line to the left usually is super short or has no one in it. They'll hand you a rose pager thing I think it lets them know you pre-ordered. I think the last time we went they had us scan our magic band to pull up the order. You can make adjustments if you want to add or take something off and then pay. You have to pay as a group, you can't split the check. Then you go and find your seat and they will find you and bring you you're food. It's really quick.

Abbey1 likes this.
  5. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

Personally I didn't find the master's cupcake anything to write home about.
    I always recommend the strawberry cream cheese cupcake.

If you preorder you will check in and walk up the left side of the bridge to a cashier who will confirm your order and ask if there is anything you'd like to take off or add and you will pay.
    Then you walk in and find a seat.

rentayenta and Abbey1 like this.
  6. jaiminee krikit

jaiminee krikit DIS Veteran

The strawberry cream cheese cupcake is my absolute favorite cupcake on WDW property. It is amazing! DD loves the triple chocolate one, but surprisingly that is too much chocolate for me.

When you arrive, you'll need to check in right before the bridge. They will direct you where to go. Typically to the left side of the bridge, and then another CM will stop you before you enter the building. Just tell them you've preordered and they will direct you to a register to confirm your order and pay. It's much quicker than going through the regular line.

Figmentmommy, Abbey1 and Shanti like this.
  7. Ensusieasm

Ensusieasm DIS Veteran

You can’t go wrong with the strawberry cupcake!

Figmentmommy, Abbey1 and Shanti like this.
  8. Abbey1

Abbey1 DIS Veteran

Thanks for you help everyone. Strawberry cream cheese cupcake it is!

jaiminee krikit and twoolle like this.
  9. MudQueen22

MudQueen22 Mouseketeer

The first time we went, we ordered the master's cupcake, the strawberry cream cheese, and the lemon chiffon. My daughter and I liked the lemon chiffon the best, but they were all good.

10. lacy1101

lacy1101 DIS Veteran

I realize the OP didn't indicate if they were on the dining plan or not, but haven't I read that you no longer get dessert with counter service meals on the dining plan? Or does that start next year?

HopperFan likes this.
  11. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy And though she be but little, she is fierce.

Yes you need to use a snack credit for the dessert.

12. lacy1101

lacy1101 DIS Veteran

Ahhhhh, didn't think about that option - thanks!

13. kiramay

kiramay DIS Veteran

As you walk up to the restaurant, there will be a kiosk to the left where everyone has to check in initially. From there you’ll either enter the line to order (far right) or the pre-ordered line (center/leftish). You’ll go inside to pay, then find a table. The food will find you.

Our favorite is the lemon cupcake with the triple chocolate second. We don’t eat a lot of desserts so we usually split 2-3 cupcakes between the 5 of us.

14. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

Nobody has mentioned the Éclair à l’Orange yet, but we tried a lot of desserts at BOG and that was by far my favorite.

cassie58 likes this.
  15. FiveStarrs

FiveStarrs Earning My Ears

Is lunch the only time of day for counter service?

16. kiramay

kiramay DIS Veteran

Breakfast is a CS credit or a fixed cost oop ($28 ish).

FiveStarrs likes this.
  17. Colgal77

Colgal77 Mouseketeer

Breakfast is also counter service at BOG but its a set priced menu.

Hopefully likes this.
  18. FiveStarrs

Thank you!

19. FiveStarrs

Thanks so much! I feel like the new kid on the block when it comes to Disney dining