Two new hotels replacing Wet 'n Wild!

I'm kind of confused about that. It looks like the same hotel though, right? But they are calling it two?
Yes, it's two hotels across from each other with the same exterior (and maybe, interior) design.

One hotel will have 2050 rooms, the other will have 750.

Looks like they may share a lobby, but each has it's own pool.

Let the arguments over if this is really one hotel or two begin. Should rival the "Is VB really a 4th gate?" arguments. ;)

ETA: There are different drawings posted in a few places. Some have the complex as all one building connected by a central lobby.

Some have 3 separate buildings - 2 hotels and separate lobby.

Some show 2 pools, some show 1.

Who knows if any of those are even correct - there are probably 6 other drawings that haven't been posted... and the end result will likely be different than all of them. ;)

Cool - for those that know the area - are there a good number of restaurants and such around there?

I recall that there were places that seemed to far to walk from universal but seems like this would be convenient to take the bus to and then get easier access to other food options

Cool - for those that know the area - are there a good number of restaurants and such around there?

I recall that there were places that seemed to far to walk from universal but seems like this would be convenient to take the bus to and then get easier access to other food options
It's on I Drive so there are plenty of places to eat around there. I'm sure they will have shuttle service as lots of people won't be able to walk that far to the park entrance. I dread having to drive right by that location to work everyday.

It's on I Drive so there are plenty of places to eat around there. I'm sure they will have shuttle service as lots of people won't be able to walk that far to the park entrance. I dread having to drive right by that location to work everyday.

That top end of IDrive could be doing with a massive regeneration........

It will get even busier than it is now I’m sure........

We stayed at the Rosen Inn on North I-Drive once and it was a very interesting, touristy place. I can't wait to see what else gets put in there.
Hopefully some more attractions, as the place is already packed full of restaurants!

If they're going to open 2 more hotels, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4th gate coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!