Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Does anyone think they will ever allow dvc annual passes to be on a monthly payments plan ??

Highly doubtful but that doesn't prevent you from creating your own monthly payment plan into a savings account. The only difference between financing and saving is that with financing you get it on the front end and with saving you get it on the back end. Most people want the first but the latter is much better overall..

Has anyone purchased the DVC 7 day tickets? I'm wondering if you get a number that you can link immediately in MDE or do you have to go to guest relations to activate???

The search function doesn't turn up any answers for me to this question, and it's a great question since the disclaimer on the checkout page says you must pick up the tickets in person. Does anyone have the answer? In the pre-Fastpass+ world this wouldn't be an issue, but it certainly is now.

Thanks!

The search function doesn't turn up any answers for me to this question, and it's a great question since the disclaimer on the checkout page says you must pick up the tickets in person. Does anyone have the answer? In the pre-Fastpass+ world this wouldn't be an issue, but it certainly is now.

Thanks!
You'll get a confirm number you can link immediately.

Most likely it'll link automatically if your MDE and DVC emails are the same.

Help, please- my head is exploding. We are about to go to WDW and haven't bought tix yet. If we get UCT 7 day hoppers for $441, and then want to upgrade to the DVC AP for $559, do we pay $118? Or $42 which is $559 minus the 7 day hopper gate price of $517? (All pre tax)
Thank you

Last edited:
Help, please- my head is exploding. We are about to go to WDW and haven't bought tix yet. If we get UCT 7 day hoppers for $441, and then want to upgrade to the DVC AP for $559, do we pay $118? Or $42 which is $559 minus the 7 day hopper gate price of $517? (All pre tax)
Thank you
You will be credited the CURRENT gate price which is actually $505 plus 6.5% sales tax.

You will be credited the CURRENT gate price which is actually $505 plus 6.5% sales tax.

Yes- thank you for that correction! So am I missing something here? This seems like you could end up with the DVC AP for $495 ($441 paid to UCT plus $54 paid to Disney to upgrade) instead of $559 (plus tax)?

No, I mean are they the ones post Feb price increase. Those have to to be use within 18 months or so. Before Feb, there had ones that could have been used 10 yrs from now. I'm not explaining this well. Robo can explain so much better.

I was just to make sure you had the correct number, so you'd know what the price should be to upgrade.

I feel like a two year old, trying to help, but making things worst. LOL

Yes, they expire 14 days after first use if that's what you mean-
That's been the norm for quite some time now.

Since 2/12/2017, all Disney tickets have a first use by date which is currently 12/31/2018. You still have 14 days once you start to use the ticket.

No, I mean are they the ones post Feb price increase. Those have to to be use within 18 months or so. Before Feb, there had ones that could have been used 10 yrs from now. I'm not explaining this well. Robo can explain so much better.

I was just to make sure you had the correct number, so you'd know what the price should be to upgrade.

I feel like a two year old, trying to help, but making things worst. LOL
Again, the EWL has NOT purchased any tickets yet. They are considering purchasing from UT and those tickets will be post 2/12/2017 tickets.

Again, the EWL has NOT purchased any tickets yet. They are considering purchasing from UT and those tickets will be post 2/12/2017 tickets.

True, I guess the price threw me. I didn't see any tickets for $441 on UCT.

True, I guess the price threw me. I didn't see any tickets for $441 on UCT.

That is the pretax price of the 6 day hopper with extra day ($469.95 with tax).

However--wouldn't this also be basically the same deal if we bought the DVC 7 days for 5 hoppers? [OK- no, if I'm following correctly, there would be no savings this way because tix purchased from Disney are not bridged.]

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know if we can purchase the ap for a family member that is not in my immediate family? My niece (adult) is traveling with us and I would like to get her tickets from the new offers for dvc. (Which we are, but she isn't.)

Thanks!

Hi, does anyone know if we can purchase the ap for a family member that is not in my immediate family? My niece (adult) is traveling with us and I would like to get her tickets from the new offers for dvc. (Which we are, but she isn't.)

Thanks!
DVC AP discounts is only for member's household. As such for any adults to activate a discounted AP they are required to show photo ID with an address matching the DVC member's address.

DVC AP discounts is only for member's household. As such for any adults to activate a discounted AP they are required to show photo ID with an address matching the DVC member's address.
Thanks! I thought that was the case, but just wanted to double check!!

Thanks everyone! I have a quick question. My plan was to buy my daughter the Plat Plus Pass tomorrow from member services. Will I be able to link it to MDE immediately or will I have to wait to get the ticket in person? I ask as our 60 day FP+ window opens on Tuesday...yeah, nothing like waiting until the last minute:)

Also, for our upcoming trip, I'm allowing my ex-wife to use some of my DVC points to spend the first 3 days of the trip with her and then I arrive for the last 7 days. How is it going to work activating the pass if I"m not there? Any thoughts? The more I think about it, I may have to buy the 7 day tickets which will link immediately and then when I get down there upgrade her ticket to the Plat Plus AP at that time....

Thanks all!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter