Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

If you purchase online, it will prompt you who you want the tickets linked to in MDE. If you purchase by phone, they will give you a confirmation number which you can link to MDE. With either purchase method, you will be able to make advance FP+ selections once the tickets are linked to MDE.
Thank you!!! Its been a long time since we've purchased AP's!!!

Quick question. We are planning on upgrading some undercover tourist tickets to the new platinum pass during out september trip. We would like to do this at disney springs on arrival day and then hit a water park as we had no plans for a park. We already have our fastpasses set up so will those disappear or be safe? I guess I have heard you cannot make fastpasses with an unactivated pass so will upgrading tickets be automatic activated. Am I thinking way too into this?

Quick question. We are planning on upgrading some undercover tourist tickets to the new platinum pass during out september trip. We would like to do this at disney springs on arrival day and then hit a water park as we had no plans for a park. We already have our fastpasses set up so will those disappear or be safe? I guess I have heard you cannot make fastpasses with an unactivated pass so will upgrading tickets be automatic activated. Am I thinking way too into this?
AFAIK, you don't buy an AP online, just an AP voucher (that gets activated at and Guest Relations or park ticket window) , but I have heard you can make FP+ with if the voucher is added to the MDE account.
You do not lose FP+ when upgrading to an AP. Are you staying on-site for this trip? (AP holders only get 7 days of off-site FP+, but get length of stay on-site. I had no problem upgrading my 10 day MYW to the PP AP)
When you upgrade at Guest Relations (water parks can also handle AP upgrades) it will start your 366 day AP. (Ask to double check the start date, sometimes the computer picks up your MYW tickets purchase date)
Make sure to bring an ID and DVC card, and have fun!

AFAIK, you don't buy an AP online, just an AP voucher (that gets activated at and Guest Relations or park ticket window) , but I have heard you can make FP+ with if the voucher is added to the MDE account.
You do not lose FP+ when upgrading to an AP. Are you staying on-site for this trip? (AP holders only get 7 days of off-site FP+, but get length of stay on-site. I had no problem upgrading my 10 day MYW to the PP AP)
When you upgrade at Guest Relations (water parks can also handle AP upgrades) it will start your 366 day AP. (Ask to double check the start date, sometimes the computer picks up your MYW tickets purchase date)
Make sure to bring an ID and DVC card, and have fun!

Yes we are staying at poly. We planned to do lunch first at disney springs so thought it would be easiest to just upgrade there.

Question...
We are going in October with friends that are DVC members.
They had planned to buy the 7 day DVC promotion tickets for all of us today.
However, CM on the phone said its only for his immediate family..
I'm not asking for a way around this, but why wouldn't it extend to everyone staying in their villa?
Can't he just buy tickets for all of us online?
Do they ask for ID somehow?
Just doesn't make sense that DVC members and their guests can't get the same promotion.

Question...
We are going in October with friends that are DVC members.
They had planned to buy the 7 day DVC promotion tickets for all of us today.
However, CM on the phone said its only for his immediate family..
I'm not asking for a way around this, but why wouldn't it extend to everyone staying in their villa?
Can't he just buy tickets for all of us online?
Do they ask for ID somehow?
Just doesn't make sense that DVC members and their guests can't get the same promotion.

Disney ticketing and DVC decide what the rules will be. There was one promotion in the past that was available for members to buy for their guests but this one is restricted to immediate household.

Hope that this was not posted somewhere else, but can we buy a park hopper somewhere else online and then use that to upgrade to the DVC annual pass renewal?

Disney ticketing and DVC decide what the rules will be. There was one promotion in the past that was available for members to buy for their guests but this one is restricted to immediate household.

Just as an update, and for anyone that might be in my position..
We're staying at the Grand Floridian in a villa WITH our friends who are DVC members.
It was stated by a couple of CM's that guests of DVC members are not entitled to the park discount of buy 5 at the price of 7, if they don't actually live with the DVC members.
However, my friend called DVC direct yesterday and they allowed him to buy the same tickets for us at the DVC discount....we are not family, and do not live together.
The CM stated that as long as our group isn't over 8 people, and we are a part of their reservation, they allow it.
So while it states clearly that only family members "living in the same household", I guess they are lenient with this when it comes to family and friends actually travelling with the DVC members.

I can see if this was being abused by people who might have rented DVC points from a friend or even stranger.
Just figured I'd pass this along.

We're staying at the Grand Floridian in a villa WITH our friends who are DVC members.
It was stated by a couple of CM's that guests of DVC members are not entitled to the park discount of buy 5 at the price of 7, if they don't actually live with the DVC members.
However, my friend called DVC direct yesterday and they allowed him to buy the same tickets for us at the DVC discount....we are not family, and do not live together.
The CM stated that as long as our group isn't over 8 people, and we are a part of their reservation, they allow it.
So while it states clearly that only family members "living in the same household", I guess they are lenient with this when it comes to family and friends actually travelling with the DVC members.

I can see if this was being abused by people who might have rented DVC points from a friend or even stranger.

I don't think you'll have an issue but that does not fit the rules outlined in the offer.

Any idea on how they check on residency? Was thinking of buying tickets for MIL, FIL and BIL when we go in June. All staying under my reservation. My fam has AP's.

I don't think you'll have an issue but that does not fit the rules outlined in the offer.

I know it doesn't.
We were both surprised that this CM allowed.

Any idea on how they check on residency? Was thinking of buying tickets for MIL, FIL and BIL when we go in June. All staying under my reservation. My fam has AP's.

I don't really know.
We didn't hide anything or try to be sneaky.
He flat out told the CM that we are friends staying with them and the CM honored the promotion.
If you will be with those family members, tell them. They'll probably honor it.
Don't hold me to this.
Not sure if its common practice for the CM's to abide by the "same household" rules or if they are all lenient and extend it to anyone in the DVC member's party.
But it was given to us. We are linked to the reservation and they can see we have a different address.
So give it a shot. You might get surprised like we did.

has anyone had luck bridging tickets purchased from UCT to DVC APs via phone? I called MS and they said they could not bridge but to call ticketing and tell them what the issue was (we won't be to WDW til February so after the promo time)... I called ticketing and she said they could bridge but had ZERO access to any DVC rates on tickets. Very circular and frustrating!

Weird question...are they still upgrading gold passes to platinum passes?

We purchased ours as Florida residents using the monthly payment option in February. In July they upgraded us to Platinum Plus for free.

So could I renew my son's Florida resident gold pass and using he monthly payments and then have them upgrade the pass to
Platinum Plus like they did ours?

If I purchase the AP voucher and activate it by December 2018 for Christmas trip, do you think the star wars land will be open before it expire the next December?

If I purchase the AP voucher and activate it by December 2018 for Christmas trip, do you think the star wars land will be open before it expire the next December?
Disney has said that the Star Wars lands (at DL & WDW) will open in 2019. The one at DL will open first, followed by the one at WDW later that year.

Back again with yet another question:blush:

Bought the tix offer for adult DS who will be joining me on 10/10. Changed plans since, with MNSSHP really won't need the 7 days, more like 4. Doubtful he'd be back within 6 months to utilize remainder.

Did book FP with it, 60 days prior for him. Don't want to lose them.

DH's AP expires 10/1, we arrive the same date @ WDW. Had planned on buying the renewal via MS before we left home

Wondering if can switch things up/reassign DS's tix to DH.

Via purchasing tix from UT & assign to DS in MDE (will his FP hold?)

Then, re-assign the existing 7 day tix (from DS to DH), then do an upgrade with it to AP renewal @ GS on 10/1?

Seems complicated but i hate to lose those couple days on the existing special tix.:confused3

Wondering if can switch things up/reassign DS's tix to DH.

Via purchasing tix from UT & assign to DS in MDE (will his FP hold?)

Then, re-assign the existing 7 day tix (from DS to DH), then do an upgrade with it to AP renewal @ GS on 10/1?

Seems complicated but i hate to lose those couple days on the existing special tix.:confused3

That'll work. Any linked admission ticket with entitlements for the number of days you have FP+ reserved for is fine.

Got a 5 days pass for the price of 4 before the current offer came out with 7 days and pay for 5.

Went to guest relations the other day to bridge the old tix for the new 7 days. We got it bridged at no additional cost. Prior to bridging we had used 4 of the 5 days.

When we came back to the hotel I checked my MDE just to make sure everything was ok.

MDE now showed 6 days remaining and a valid through date of 8/3-2018

We definitely got more days than we are entitled to. Wondering if the valid through date will change once we use the tix the first time after bridging.

I assume the valid through should have been + 6 months after first use. ?

MDE now showed 6 days remaining and a valid through date of 8/3-2018

We definitely got more days than we are entitled to.

I converted some super-duper-old paper tickets to the plastic cards a couple of years ago, which was quite the ordeal for the guest service agent having to log onto a slow legacy system and manually create the new tickets. The four "5 Day All-in-one Hopper" (old-school, eh?) tickets all came up in MDE with 5 days remaining, despite only having one or two days left on each. We redeemed one, so three of the tickets now have 4 days remaining. It's probably something that should have been manually edited as part of the transaction, which is likely why only park-entrance guest service agents who have specific training can process these transactions. I am not suggesting a loophole or to exploit the system; I didn't even realize this until I logged in much later. But at any rate, judge me if you want, but I decided to keep the extra days because it's not my responsibility to go back to guest services and wait in line just for them to fix their error. (And, I'm still not adequately compensated for the mental anguish of our last Tony's Town Square restaurant experience ..... WAY OFF TOPIC, I know, but to whomever works there, if you just so happen to be reading this, next time just open a can of Ragu so it's at least edible. Thank you for your concern.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!