Two Nights in London

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
We are staying two nights in London in August and are looking for a hotel with air conditioning in the room. Preferably a Marriott hotel so I’m looking at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane or London Marriott Hotel County Hall. I’m having a hard time confirming if a hotel really has air conditioning in the room. It looks like some hotels say they have air but it’s only in the pubic areas.

I am open to looking at other hotels even if they are not Marriott.

Thanks for any guidance.

Caveating I haven't personally stayed in any of these - I end up doing Hiltons more often than Marriotts and live on the outskirts of London so its not really needed if travelling for work. But this might help.

Aircon wise. It's not something that you usually would see on the hotel website - but if you email them they will be able to tell you.

Other Hotels:
Do you have status/ points to spend with Marriott? Is that why you want to stay at a Marriott?
If you do JW Marriott Grosvenor House is supposed to be really lovely and is around 70k points a night. There are also some boutique hotels in London but they may or may not have air-con.
Again not stayed in it but Threadneedles is lovely from the outside and looks really cool inside judging by the pictures. It is within walking distance of London Bridge, The Tower of London and St Pauls and is easily accessible to the rest of the city via Bank Station. The price point for this hotel is really good for a centrally based property - and i wouldn't use points as its not really worth it at almost 134k for 2 nights - if you are using points splurge for the Grosvenor.

Caveating I haven't personally stayed in any of these - I end up doing Hiltons more often than Marriotts and live on the outskirts of London so its not really needed if travelling for work. But this might help.

Aircon wise. It's not something that you usually would see on the hotel website - but if you email them they will be able to tell you.

Other Hotels:
Do you have status/ points to spend with Marriott? Is that why you want to stay at a Marriott?
If you do JW Marriott Grosvenor House is supposed t

Other Hotels:
If you do JW Marriott Grosvenor House is supposed to be really lovely and is around 70k points a night. There are also some boutique hotels in London but they may or may not have air-con.
Again not stayed in it but Threadneedles is lovely from the outside and looks really cool inside judging by the pictures. It is within walking distance of London Bridge, The Tower of London and St Pauls and is easily accessible to the rest of the city via Bank Station. The price point for this hotel is really good for a centrally based property - and i wouldn't use points as its not really worth it at almost 134k for 2 nights - if you are using points splurge for the Grosvenor.

be really lovely and is around 70k points a night. There are also some boutique hotels in London but they may or may not have air-con.

Why not phone the Marriott Hotel direct

International 0 then 00 44 then no

We stayed at St. Ermins which is a Marriott boutique hotel. Great location near Victoria station and walkable to a lot of the sites in London. Tube stop in next block. I'm pretty sure they have in room ac. Lovely hotel.

Other Hotels:
We prefer Marriott to add to our points as we are pretty sure we don’t have enough points for a London hotel. I will take a look at the hotels you mention and will try your suggestion of email. Thanks.

Why not phone the Marriott Hotel direct

International 0 then 00 44 then no
Phoning might cost quite a bit from a US based number. I had to call hilton from the UK and the price was extortionate. Finding out the email address will be a much cheaper option.

I've stayed at the Marriott County Hall and really liked it (and the location). I was there in October/November, so didn't need air conditioning. I also really like Conrad St. James (not too far from the Marriott County Hall on the other side of the river) and Biltmore (Mayfair - an area I'd not spent much time in, until a recent trip but really, really enjoyed). Biltmore definitely had air conditioning (we were their during the July heatwave and were comfortable) and pretty sure that the Conrad does too (but not sure I've ever been there in mid-summer).

I often email hotels for info or clarification which I can't find on their website.
Don't be shy as it might also prompt them to improve their information - I always mention that I have searched for it.
That said, keep it to the point as they are invariably busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter