Two or Three Days in Late May?

Shanti

Momketeer
We have four nights at Disneyland Hotel booked for late May 2019. We used the 4 nights for the price of 2 nights offer, which seems like a great deal considering the cost of this hotel and the fact that five days of park hopper tickets are included.

We'll be arriving in Paris in the morning and will probably use that first afternoon/evening mostly to souvenir shop, maybe swim, and go to bed early to try to recover from jet lag (we're from Texas). After that we'll have three full days at DLP. The following day, we'll have time to leisurely pack up in the morning and head to Paris to take a late afternoon flight to Barcelona, as we've booked a DCL Mediterranean cruise. We're also booked for a few nights at a hotel in Paris for after the cruise.

I'm considering only touring the DLP parks for two of the three full days that we'll be staying there, and going to Versailles on one of the other days. What do you think? Would two full days be enough to fully experience DLP's two parks during the last few days of May? I'd rather not spend one of our post-cruise Paris days going to Versailles, as we have other plans for those days. However, Versailles is a must-see for us as I love history and have never been there before.

We plan to make use of the Extra Magic Hours on the days we'll be touring the parks. Thoughts?

Last edited:
With basically 2,5 days I think you can see most of the park. If you focus on the unique things first and then go for the rest of the park, you will get a lot done, also to include shows. Especially if you are there on weekdays.

I think your biggest obstacle is to try to do everything. It is quite a busy schedule and my fear would be to do too much. With too many new impressions in a short time, there is a chance you board your cruise and think 'what did we do again in the last days?' that you forgot most of it, due to running around.

I think your strategy is good to use your first day to get familiar with the park, souvenir shop, go on some rides you do know already or if they have a short line, or go see a show.
I would also keep the option open to take a midday break. If you arrive in the morning, flying from West to East, not knowing 100% how you might react to the jetlag, you could do a few hours in the park, rest/swim, and then go for another two or three hours.

If Versailles is a must for you, just go for it, :) I would do it on your third day, to get a bit of a sleep in. (Day 1 arrive, Day 2: DLP with EMH, Day 3: Versailles, Day 4: DLP). That gives you one day to process what you want to achieve on your last day at DLP.

And consider in late May the sun sets very late in Paris, so Disneyland stays open until dark for Illuminations (Studios closes a couple hours earlier). It would be fairly easy to go to Versailles and make it back with several hours remaining to see the park. (I'm talking logistically easy, not that it wouldn't be exhausting - on my Versailles day, which was a musical fountain day, I walked 35,000 steps.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter