• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two problems

Plan Man

Mouseketeer
We (me, dw,ds14,ds12,ds9, and finally dd7) have reservations at All Star Sports - two rooms. (April)

What building is the best for us?

We come back from the parks around noon and swim, nap, etc. - then back out for dinner and the night. We will drive our own car and will rarely if ever use the bus system.

The kids love the arcade so will spend too much time and too much of my money at the arcade so.... I will be walking over to find them - proabably more than once.

We don't mind noise if it quiets down by 11:30 pm or so.

I think we want to be near everything but I don't want to upgrade to a preferred location - doesn't seem to make sense to me.

My second question is should we switch to another one of the All-Star Resorts. Which one is the best for the above activities??

We have an PAP so we will be back and staying at different resorts and FW later in the year - but for this stay we are planning on staying at All-stars.

Thanks for our help!!

You could request the Baseball section. It is off to the side and not a far walk to the main area, arcade, food court and such. Out the other side is parking and the "other" pool is right there. To be right in the middle of the action you would have to book a "preferred" room and this would put you in the Surf's Up section where the main pool is and the arcade and food is right there.

I second the baseball section. We have stayed there at the All Star Sports 3 times and have requested the baseball bldg. twice. We love it and the pool is great! Have fun-

Just personally, I think I would stick with All-Star Sports. If you're driving your car, it's the first resort inside the gate, so it's the most convenient. And I think it's laid out better than All-Star Music, because that resort has some buildings that are way back in the back and more of a hike to the main building- the music resort is laid out more length-wise than crosswise, if that makes any sense, so that some buildings are fairly far in the back. Just about any room at the sports or movies isn't that far of a walk, 5 minutes or a little more at the most.

"""should we stick with All-Star Sports?"""
That is more of a personal choice. I liked All Star Music better than Sports or Movies just because of the icons on the buildings though I did like the Surf's Up section. If your boys are into sports they may appreciate it more than musical instraments. Lots of people like the All Star Movies best and it is fun to have some of the favorite characters there larger than life but I still prefer the Music resort. I think the food courts are all on par as far as the food goes. The one at the Movies is nicer looking though.

I would stick with the sports as well. My DD 8 loves the sports every bit as much as my DS 15 and 5. We have stayed at the Movies as well but the whole family prefers the sports. (IMHO) Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter