Two Questions about the Wine & Dine 10K

skwak

Can't wait to work for Mickey someday!!
We are running in the Wine & Dine 10K this year for the 1st time. We have two questions that maybe a repeat runner can answer:

How does bag check work given the fact that we start at a MK parking lot and finish at a Epcot parking lot? Do they move your stuff from the start to the finish so you can gather it there?

Also since we are running the 10K any idea it will be over relative to Epcot opening? If we start running at 6:00AM and the slowest runner gets done in 90 minutes then after some cool down time we would be done about 8:00AM, I think. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Also since we are running the 10K any idea it will be over relative to Epcot opening? If we start running at 6:00AM and the slowest runner gets done in 90 minutes then after some cool down time we would be done about 8:00AM, I think. Does that make sense?
Everyone is cleared out of Epcot before opening for the 10K. Epcot will open 9AM unless there is EMH which would then be 8AM. They don’t always do that at parks where races take place that morning though.

The only point to point rD race I've done was the first W&D where you started at WWoS and ended at Epcot. There you dropped your bag at the start and they transported it to the finish. Other point to point races I've done have used school buses or FedEX/UPS trucks that are loaded at the start and driven to the finish. The details will be in the race guide that gets released a bit before race weekend.

We are running in the Wine & Dine 10K this year for the 1st time. We have two questions that maybe a repeat runner can answer:

How does bag check work given the fact that we start at a MK parking lot and finish at a Epcot parking lot? Do they move your stuff from the start to the finish so you can gather it there?

Thanks!
The bag drop area in MK parking lot is by last name - you drop it off and they put them in bins. These are transported to EPCOT and after you finish and go through the medal shute and get your food, there are tents set up before the meet your party area to pick up the bags. They are organized by last name and bib number.

Also just to add: From my experience Disney's gear check is excellent -- efficient and easy! Don't hesitate to use it if you need it! As others have noted they transport your bag from the start to finish line.

You are REQUIRED to use the clear plastic bag Disney gives you during the bib pickup as your gear check bag, though, so plan accordingly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter