Two Questions: Pregnancy and New Year’s Eve

ama_george

Earning My Ears
We are going on an all adults trip from December 27th-January 2nd. I will be about 6 months pregnant. Looking for general tips from anyone who has been when they were that far along.

Also, we will be doing Epcot on NYE. Is it dire need to stand and hold a spot for the fireworks for several hours or should we spend more time exploring the activities and hope to find a decent spot closer to time?

This is my first time going pregnant or during a holiday so I am interested in any tips for either!

I have gone pregnant and gone to EPCOT NYE. Have not done both at the same time. As far as being pregnant please drink lots of water and listen to your body. During my last trimester I could go from being full of energy to nearly exhausted in a few minutes. EPCOT was too busy for me. People were in waves and we just had to go with the flow. People staked their claim hours ahead. We did not and had ok view. Have fun.

There is no reason to hold a spot for fireworks. We walked up and watched them about 10 min before they started. They are shown in the air in the round. There's hardly a bad spot in Epcot. As long as you can see the water

I did a day at Epcot right at the beginning of my third trimester, and it’s really easy to overdue it (Full disclaimer: We were rushing to make our Soarin’ FastPass and I was pushing my 4 year old in a stroller; then we were rushing to make our Beaches & Cream ADR because we ran into character training on the way; and then my 4 year old insisted we go see the miniature trains in Germany when I was planning on not walking the whole WS).

Basically, take it slow, drink lots of water, make sure you are eating enough, and take some breaks to rest your feet for a few minutes and you will be fine.

Also, make sure you take some character photos so you can show your child when they are older.

And congratulations!

We just went this past weekend and my wife is 6 months pregnant.

Just take it easy and don't pass a bathroom without serious consideration. Keep hydrated, sit down when you need to and get out of the sun when you can.

I did a day at Epcot right at the beginning of my third trimester, and it’s really easy to overdue it (Full disclaimer: We were rushing to make our Soarin’ FastPass and I was pushing my 4 year old in a stroller; then we were rushing to make our Beaches & Cream ADR because we ran into character training on the way; and then my 4 year old insisted we go see the miniature trains in Germany when I was planning on not walking the whole WS).

Basically, take it slow, drink lots of water, make sure you are eating enough, and take some breaks to rest your feet for a few minutes and you will be fine.

Also, make sure you take some character photos so you can show your child when they are older.

And congratulations!
We are going without my 3 year old so that will take that added stress off. I’ll be able to focus on myself and listen to my body without chasing her. I can’t imagine trying to follow a toddler around Disney World and being that pregnant!

There is no reason to hold a spot for fireworks. We walked up and watched them about 10 min before they started. They are shown in the air in the round. There's hardly a bad spot in Epcot. As long as you can see the water
That’s what I was hoping. I want to be able to enjoy some of the activities without sitting in one spot for hours. A friend of mine said we needed to do that and I was hoping it wasn’t as much of a need as she expressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter