Two Rejections... Any Hope?

valex

The Royal Nonesuch
Hello friends!

I, like most people here, desperately want to get into the DCP, but the last two times I've applied, I've been rejected without even making it to the interview portion of the process. I only have one more shot at this, and I'd really, really like to make it count!

Is there still hope for me? Does anyone have suggestions on maybe how I can make myself more palatable? I did exclude some things (like janitorial work) from the "What Are You Interested In" section, so I was thinking I should say that I'd be willing to do ANYTHING as long as I get to work for Disney in some capacity! I also have only worked min wage jobs, and I went to community college as opposed to university. I wanted to list the theater stuff I've done, but that's entirely volunteer so I can't really put it into my application.

If I don't get in this round, I intend to apply for regular jobs at Disney (I may start applying before the DCP, too), but I would feel much more comfortable knowing for sure that I'd have housing ^-^'.

Thank you guys for your help and time!

Hey valex!

There is still plenty of hope for you! I know people who applied 5, 6, and even 9 times before they made it into the DCP! I also know people who were rejected from the DCP, worked part-time at the parks, and then went on to get accepted to the DCP! I know it's easy to get discouraged when you're released so early into the process. The good news for you is that if you keep getting stuck at the application phase, the computer is likely releasing you due to small errors it finds in your application.

If you join the Facebook groups for each season, there are a lot of alumni who can look over your application and offer you comprehensive tips to getting past the application step (Sidenote: if you don't have a FB account, you'll definitely want to make one so you can find roommates for the program and join your location's shift trade page!) This is probably ground that you've already covered, but in case you haven't: there are also a lot of YouTube videos where Alumn share their experiences applying for the DCP and share tips for how to get accepted!

Good luck!

My daughter made it through on the 3rd try. She too joined FB groups and watched tons of "how to" videos, and said that really helped after the first two rejections. Good luck!

Hey valex!

There is still plenty of hope for you! I know people who applied 5, 6, and even 9 times before they made it into the DCP! I also know people who were rejected from the DCP, worked part-time at the parks, and then went on to get accepted to the DCP! I know it's easy to get discouraged when you're released so early into the process. The good news for you is that if you keep getting stuck at the application phase, the computer is likely releasing you due to small errors it finds in your application.

If you join the Facebook groups for each season, there are a lot of alumni who can look over your application and offer you comprehensive tips to getting past the application step (Sidenote: if you don't have a FB account, you'll definitely want to make one so you can find roommates for the program and join your location's shift trade page!) This is probably ground that you've already covered, but in case you haven't: there are also a lot of YouTube videos where Alumn share their experiences applying for the DCP and share tips for how to get accepted!

Good luck!
This is great information! I didn’t even think of FB as a resource! Thank you so much for your help!

This is great information! I didn’t even think of FB as a resource! Thank you so much for your help!

No problem! Don't be afraid to reach back out with any more questions!

3rd time was a charm for my daughter! After the 1st CP Program, she applied and got accepted again, and has never left! The housing was great too! Keep trying....keep asking former CP's for tips too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!