Two room reservations in your cart with one MDE account?

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
I was looking to get two rooms at a Disney resort and book it online. When I go to book it online, it seems I can only book one room at a time? How can I put two separate rooms in my cart? every time I go to book a new room it just "updates" my cart. Am I missing something?

If I increase the party size to 4 adults, 2 children, it doesn't let me pick two separate rooms, just limits me to one giant room.

I am trying to book rooms for myself and my parents in two separate rooms at the same time. I will just manage their accounts rather than try and hassle with them getting their own MDE accounts.

Is it easier to just make their own MDE accounts (and just manage that myself) and link it with mine? Or just manage it all via my MDE account.

I was looking to get two rooms at a Disney resort and book it online. When I go to book it online, it seems I can only book one room at a time? How can I put two separate rooms in my cart? every time I go to book a new room it just "updates" my cart. Am I missing something?

If I increase the party size to 4 adults, 2 children, it doesn't let me pick two separate rooms, just limits me to one giant room.

I am trying to book rooms for myself and my parents in two separate rooms at the same time. I will just manage their accounts rather than try and hassle with them getting their own MDE accounts.

Is it easier to just make their own MDE accounts (and just manage that myself) and link it with mine? Or just manage it all via my MDE account.
You can book two rooms under one reservation number if you call them. We have two rooms booked for our son and for us and they are under one number.

It is easiest to add your parents to your MDE account if they don't plan to travel to Disney on their own, without you. If they plan to travel to WDW in the future then they might want their own account.

Thanks.

So I can book one, check out. .and then make a new reservation, and then check out. Giving me two separate reservations under the same account.
Why not just check out twice?
I could and I was just going to do that, just wondering if I was missing something obvious. It just felt odd I couldn't do it all at once and just "check out" once. Most travel websites you book hotels through you can multiple rooms at once.

Yeah, most do but MDE does not. I assume because most other sites don't make you put names with the reservation the same way Disney does
But yeah, you can book 1, check out, then book again.
And notice, when you check, there is a place during the reservation to "connect" the 2 reservations. It's easy to overlook this. You have to open a secondary menu to see it. I'll come back and update with the exact wording, just in case you don't see it

Here, if you click "Change" next to Room and Amenity Requests you'll see this
If you want to request, Nearby or Connecting rooms
Capture_16.jpg

Last edited:
Just check out twice. Disney's online system won't let you book two rooms as a single transaction, probably because of all the potential add-ons that don't necessarily have to be the same on both rooms (tickets, dining, memory maker, etc.) but you can still book them both from your account in two separate transactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter