Two sets of tickets in MDE - which ones get used first?

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
I was on another board and the thread was about tickets already assigned in MDE and then adding more tickets and which tickets were being used first.

I have a 2 day non-expiring ticket in MDE that I don't want to use yet, rather my 5-day Canadian rate ticket I will want to use.

They said I would have to go to Guest Services before the park opens and get them to make sure the correct tickets are being used in the correct order.

Can I not just select which tickets to use when I go to make FPs?

Does any of this babbling make sense?? lol

It makes TOTAL sense and I have the exact same question. Hopefully someone will be able to help. Sorry I can't.
Following

I can answer this for you. We had the same situation last January having both 8 day park hoppers that are good until 2030 (or so it says), and 5 day hoppers we bought for this particular trip, not needing the full 8 days for that trip. Both were Canadian discount tickets.

When we went to the ticket counter at AK to activate our tickets (using our passports), we were very clear about which tickets we wanted to activate and the CM was very careful that we got the correct ones activated. We still have the 8 day hoppers. You shouldn't have any problems doing the same.

As far as FP+ reservations go, the system doesn't care which ticket you end up using on the day, just that you have a valid ticket on the day of booking. In my experience you don't need to choose a particular ticket to book your Fast Passes. At one point we had 6 valid tickets on my account, 3 for myself and 3 for my wife.

A trick someone had on the Tickets thread a few years ago said to set up another name (your middle name) in your profile. Assign your ticket (that you don't want used) to this name. After your trip you can assign it back to your first name.

Not sure if this can still be done but there was a whole section about it a while ago.

A trick someone had on the Tickets thread a few years ago said to set up another name (your middle name) in your profile. Assign your ticket (that you don't want used) to this name. After your trip you can assign it back to your first name.

Not sure if this can still be done but there was a whole section about it a while ago.

Yup this is the trick I am currently using. In my case, I had a couple of cousins on my account (that don't have their own DME) so I assigned my Non-Expiring tickets to them until I decide to use them. I have just left them assigned to them.

For the Canadian rate air miles tickets, I will have to go to guest services anyways for activation, right? We would do this on our travel day, so it won’t make a park morning hectic.

Yes you will still have to get the tickets activated. The question becomes do you want to trust that the CM will activate the correct ticket or would you prefer to take control of the situation and remove any chance for an error.

They should. But you know not all CM's are created equal. Do some research over on the ticket thread to see what people are doing these days.

Okay. So if I make a second account for myself, but that 2-day ticket has my name attached to it, I can still re-assign it to the new account in MDE but then transfer it back after my trip?

Could I reassign it to DH as he isn't going on this trip?

Also, this was a very old ticket that had 2 days remaining. I just read in the FAQ that you can reassign a ticket that hasn't been used yet. I would have used 2 of the 4 days back in 1990.

Last edited:
A partially used ticket can't be reassigned. For that one you will need to get a CM to prioritize the ticket you want to use.

This is what we did to ensure our non-expiring tickets weren't used last visit, worked fine!

Do you have physical cards for each ticket (ie. the exchange certificates). If so, just bring the correct one when you have Guest Services activate it, and there will no chance of any error.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 11.30.15 AM.png

Yes I have the actual hard plastic tickets. It's fine. I will call Disney sometime to get it straightened away. I have LOTS of time to do so.

I was in Disney in December. I had both non expiry hoppers and one day passes. I was switching between the two throughout the trip. You have to prioritize the ticket you want to use for the day. I was able to get this done at the check in desk at Bay Lake Towers and at the turnstiles in the parks. If you wait until you get to the park tell the CM what you want to do before you tap your band, they will call over the supervisor with the “I pad” who will ensure the right ticket is used. Sadly my non expiry tickets are gone and I won’t have this “problem “ anymore.

@mmrocks, I will get this done on our arrival day at Guest Services in Disney Springs as we have to get our Canadian vouchers exchanged for tickets anyways. I was just concerned when it came to FP+ reservations, but I guess there won't be any issues with that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts