Two Weddings & a Churro April 2021

stuffed withfluff

Mouseketeer
Hello! My name is Ellen & I love everything Disney. This pre-trip report is going to be about how I turn my two weddings in one weekend into a week stay at Disney.
I will be checking into All Star Movies April the week after Easter. I have never stayed at All Star Movies, but I have enjoyed POP Century. I have stayed at POP Century twice pre-refurb so I am really excited to experience ASMo with the newly updated rooms. I LOVE the idea of no carpet.

But let's back this baby up. Yo girl, why are you in two weddings in one weekend and grabbing a churro?

It all started back in the Disney College Program in FA 2012. That is where I met my dear friend that is having me stand up in her wedding (it will be the second wedding this weekend during the trip).
I loved the CP so much I decided to stay and complete a PI with Guest Relations at MK. What a dream! It was difficult, but I have never lost any of the magic. In fact, MK is still my most cherished park. I did not stay after my internships with Disney, but I became an AP holder from 2013-2019. It was my job after Disney where I found my second bride to be bestie!

Fast forward to 2019.

I moved back to the Chicago area in December 2019 due to an illness in my family. Sadly this family member passed away last May. My heart is sad from being away from the home I built for myself in Orlando and the family of friends I have there, but now I feel comfort of familiarity of where I grew up.

So this brings us to two weddings, a week a ASMo, and a whole bunch of Disney snacks.

Attachments

• MK 2019 Snow White.jpg
    MK 2019 Snow White.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here is the breakdown of my tentative schedule:

Thursday
Check into ASMo before rehearsal dinner for Citrus Bride.
Her theme is formal Florida and I absolutely LOVE her color choices! The rehearsal is the focus of the afternoon. After the rehearsal, I plan to relax poolside.

Friday
I am not sure the bridal plans, but I have left this day open for any maid of honor duties to be there for my citrus bride.

Saturday
THE big day! Citrus bride is getting MARRIED!!! WOO!!!! I am so excited!!!

Sunday
I am hoping to wake up at a relatively normal hour. I have been MOH before and there are so many things going on, I am not concerned with a hangover.
I will then go to AK. This is my favorite park after MK. I have gone to Rwanda and hiked with gorillas, so the safari is so special to me! Also, EE and Dinosaur of among my faves!!
The evening is for my CP bride. Her rehearsal will be late afternoon, so I felt AK would be the appropriate park for a quick morning trip.

Monday
CP BRIDE GETS MARRIED!!!! Oh my goodness. She is my friend I video call the most. Between work outs and Disney talks, I just adore her.

Tuesday
FULL day at MK!! I am hoping to secure an ADR for The Plaza. Their fried green tomatoes are TO DIE FOR. I love asking to have them on the burger. *Chef's kiss*

Wednesday
Departure day. My flight is later in the afternoon. I will have a nice sleep in and lazy start then head on over to HS. I am really wanting to ride Mickey's nice attraction. That is my only goal.
I hope to secure an ADR for 50s or Mama Melrose for 11am. I have been to both, but not sure. My last meal at 50s was the worst I have ever had. Mama Melrose's is very filling. Any suggestions would be great!

So there are the 2 weddings, 1 week, and lots of snacks!

I hope you join me!

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. Wow two weddings so close together ! In a way , good because you only have to make one trip down but then that’s also bad cause then you could have had to WDW trips . 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter