Tyler and Katrina

I liked Tyler and Katrina very much. I watched their vlogs mostly just because I like them, not necessarily for the content.

The Dis needs to figure out a better format for the Disneyland show that gives the Disneyland team their proper due. The Orlando team has really taken over that show.

I’ve also noticed the slight decline in WDW content occurred right when the Orlando team started splitting their focus on DL, now I would say DL content might even be stronger. WDW discussion shows now feel like general Disney discussion with some WDW peppered in. I really wish they would have dedicated, passionate teams for both... it would only lead to even better content.

Here's something to consider, maybe we didn't get a good bye from Tyler and Katrina simply because they didn't want something on air.

I really wish they would have dedicated, passionate teams for both... it would only lead to even better content.

There’s two massive barriers to this situation: space, and equipment cost. The WDW show works so well because it’s in Pete’s house. there’s nobody on that level on the west coast.

Then there’s the setup- lights, high quality cameras, switches... easily thousands and thousands worth, and the only thing produced there would be the hour long weekly show. It’s not worth the cost.

There’s two massive barriers to this situation: space, and equipment cost. The WDW show works so well because it’s in Pete’s house. there’s nobody on that level on the west coast.

Then there’s the setup- lights, high quality cameras, switches... easily thousands and thousands worth, and the only thing produced there would be the hour long weekly show. It’s not worth the cost.

More than half the content now seems to be DL related, and they’re doing it all by booking multiple flights and stays across the country per year. They’re spending more than the “thousands” they would have to put into a dedicated team on travel alone, which at the end of the day is an ongoing cost instead of the one time start up costs.

More than half the content now seems to be DL related, and they’re doing it all by booking multiple flights and stays across the country per year. They’re spending more than the “thousands” they would have to put into a dedicated team on travel alone, which at the end of the day is an ongoing cost instead of the one time start up costs.

You’re missing the most important point there though: Pete is going to go to DL anyway... he might as well film it while he’s there.

You’re missing the most important point there though: Pete is going to go to DL anyway... he might as well film it while he’s there.

And he always brings 5 others with him which is splitting their time and focus and leading to diminished World content, so I think you may be the one missing the point here. Oh well it’s their show they can do as they please, we shall agree to disagree :)

Certainly, a 10-second message that "We just wanted to let everyone know that Charles (or Tyler or Katrina) is no longer with the DIS and we thank him/her for their contributions" wouldn't violate any privacy or HR rules and it would prevent all these speculation threads.

I agree with this. Just tell us the people are gone and you won’t get all the “hey, where’s so and so?”

And he always brings 5 others with him which is splitting their time and focus and leading to diminished World content, so I think you may be the one missing the point here. Oh well it’s their show they can do as they please, we shall agree to disagree :)

Has it specifically led to diminished WDW content? I certainly haven't noticed a dip.

I honestly didn't really know Tyler or Katrina as I only heard them a couple of times, but it's the same issue as with Charles recently and others before him. I totally understand not giving any reason for a team member's departure. That's none of our business. What I simply can't comprehend is there being no announcement or acknowledgement at all. They do a weekly show that starts with "Housekeeping". Certainly, a 10-second message that "We just wanted to let everyone know that Charles (or Tyler or Katrina) is no longer with the DIS and we thank him/her for their contributions" wouldn't violate any privacy or HR rules and it would prevent all these speculation threads.

Absolutely agree. It's very strange.

Has it specifically led to diminished WDW content? I certainly haven't noticed a dip.

Then you should probably watch more regularly :)

Where have all the consistent dining reviews been? Why has there been a sharp decline in WDW vlogs? Why hasn’t Best and Worst been nearly as good as it has been in the past? Last year it was 75% WDW/25% DL, now it almost seems as it has flipped. Which is fine, don’t get me wrong, I like the DL content, but there certainly has been less WDW content since DL has become such a large focus. It’s their channel, they can run it any way they’d like, but there have defiantly been some noticeable changes in the last year.

Where have all the consistent dining reviews been?
Dining reviews have generally been less than consistent, so i don't see that having changed much.

Why hasn’t Best and Worst been nearly as good as it has been in the past?
Because they're running low on meaty topics to do for the B&W generally. That was always going to happen with time. There are a finite amount of best and worst things.

I certainly haven't noticed a dip.
While I haven't noticed a dip in WDW content, to me it feels like there has been a dip in consistent and currnt DL content. With Tyler and Katrina, they were at the parks almost every week and producing some video content. Now with them gone, we are back to the format before that it is when the entire team is at DL (or when Tom could make it down for major events) and they create content and push out at irregular times. I miss the more weekly and current videos that Tyler and Katrina were producing for the DIS.

I agree at least partially with several ideas. The new DVC show is clearly Pete’s favorite project right now. By a mile.
I listened to a bit of Tuesday’s show and the topic was something about “are people going to go to SWL instead of do other things?” Uh, probably? It’s new? The topic felt pretty weak TBH. In truth, I thought the guys really deserved the day off after working all weekend.
I had a hard time warming up to Tyler but without him DL vlogs require hefty travel expenses and stretching Craig and Ryno way too thin like this week. Craig did an excellent job, but none of Craig’s workload stopped for him to work long days in Anaheim. I know Ryno mentioned he was also up editing videos at 2 AM. They also put their personal lives on hold and leave their homes, families, pets, etc.
With all the new shows (Moving, DVC) plus the seven old ones, it seems like the guys are spread too thin. They are capable of absolutely excellent content and talented but when they get spread thin, a ball can get dropped on one of the 9 shows, hardly their fault.
This will be an unpopular opinion but I have started to think Pete needs to rein it in, cut some shows and just to take care of his team., there is a lot of overlap on content anyways. It seemed like Craig who was working the hardest, was getting physical sick as the days wore on last week.

Last edited:
I agree at least partially with several ideas. The new DVC show is clearly Pete’s favorite project right now. By a mile.
I listened to a bit of Tuesday’s show and the topic was something about “are people going to go to SWL instead of do other things?” Uh, probably? It’s new? The topic felt pretty weak TBH. In truth, I thought the guys really deserved the day off after working all weekend.
I had a hard time warming up to Tyler but without him DL vlogs require hefty travel expenses and stretching Craig and Ryno way too thin like this week. Craig did an excellent job, but none of Craig’s workload stopped for him to work long days in Anaheim. I know Ryno mentioned he was also up editing videos at 2 AM. They also put their personal lives on hold and leave their homes, families, pets, etc.
With all the new shows (Moving, DVC) plus the seven old ones, it seems like the guys are spread too thin. They are capable of absolutely excellent content and talented but when they get spread thin, a ball can get dropped on one of the 9 shows, hardly their fault.
This will be an unpopular opinion but I have started to think Pete needs to rein it in, cut some shows and just to take care of his team., there is a lot of overlap on content anyways. It seemed like Craig who was working the hardest, was getting physical sick as the days wore on last week.
Craig has noted on twitter that he was sick last week- not worn out, he had a fever.

They might not want to want to get into the details, but to say.. "Charles will no longer be with The Dis. We know that he became a favorite of a number of you, and we wish him well in the future." That's too much? And if they DO go on their own, can they not be allowed to say, "good-bye"? JenniLynn said good-bye her last day. She said she didn't want a big thing made about her leaving and that she wouldn't be mentioning her future plans, but that she appreciated all her time and everyone from the Dis. It was abrupt, but it gave closure. To those who wring their hands that people ask or assume the worst about folks disappearing...then The Dis should say SOMETHING. Their silence is deafening....with nearly EVERY "disappearance".

The money spent by those on The Dis (both personally... hey, THEY talk about it and let it be known, we aren't asking or noseying around about it - and professionally) is STAGGERING!! My GOSH! Not passing judgement (personally, I don't care at all what they do with THEIR money), but just listening and.... sheeesh. Gobs and Gobs of Moolah.

i assume that everything is budgeted and is part of the greater good for content/info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter