Tyler, Katrina, and Steve dine at Remy - trying something new!

TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
Just watched the view of Tyler, Katrina, and Steve dining at Remy and I really enjoyed it as always fun to see people, perhaps a bit out of their comfort zone but just showing you that at Disney, these fancy dining places aren't only for millionares and stuff - that they make it comfortable for everyone. I know I felt that way the one time we dined at Victoria and Albert's - that while fancy it wasn't Hoity Toity or anything - and I got the same sense here

Anyway, I know in other thread people have suggested wanting to see videos of members of the team doing things they don't normally do, so thought this was a good example of that

Haven't watched the video yet but wanted to comment that dining at Remy does not have to be intimidating. We've done it a couple of times (see link in sig below) and found the servers very friendly and happy to answer any questions.

Haven't watched the video yet but wanted to comment that dining at Remy does not have to be intimidating. We've done it a couple of times (see link in sig below) and found the servers very friendly and happy to answer any questions.
This reminds me of our first time dining there and how much fun it was. That was a cool adventure, thanks to you!

Wow - GREAT review, all! And you all looked spiffy! :) I wouldn't have eaten any of the seafood here, but a lot of the other stuff looked/sounded good, and that drink and cheese preparation and presentation were amazing! Laughed at the way all of Steve's dishes had a "special sauce" that he watched being poured over/around. I also really liked/appreciated the way you decided to present this - with the whole "show", but also talking directly to the camera afterwards, broken up into segments. Really well done, and enjoyable, IMHO. Bravo!

Also thought it was really cool how they made that sugar free dessert for Pete, even though he couldn't make it. Guess that was when he had his "allergic reaction" to the spa treatment.

We ate at Remy a couple of wks ago. It was outstanding! We had the Hunnel (more American side) menu and were so blown away we went a 2nd time to do the Lallement (French side). We asked to add coconut langoustines (one of their optional substitutions) as an additional 6th dish - no problem. Such great service and food! We've had the chance to eat at many Michelin starred restaurants in France including Lallement's. This could stand with the best of them.

Great review guys!!

That was great! Especially because thanks to that review, my daughter is finally interested in going on a cruise with me!

Awesome review, Tyler, Katrina, and Steve!

I wanted to add the first course they had is called an amuse bouche, that means to amuse the mouth. it is away to get your taste buds excited. Its not a palette cleanser.

I appreciated this. I’m not a seafood or lamb person either. I liked to hear that this isn’t something that they would normally eat and yeah they enjoyed it. It would make me more inclined to go out of my comfort zone.
Excellent point! I'm not normally an adventurous eater and I amazed myself by going into our Remy dinner with the attitude that I would try everything they put in front of me. I actually enjoyed pretty much everything. Yes, including many, many things that I would never have ordered off a menu in any other restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!