Typhoon Lagoon Cabanas

MKEMSE

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone. I am interested in renting a cabana. However, I have a couple questions.

1. Can we have more than 6 people if we pay extra?
2. If so, can they add more chairs?
3. What are your experiences with this or any additional thoughts.

TIA!

Sarah

I don't know about adding more people. We are a family of 5 and rented a cabana at TL two years ago. We loved it and would definitely do it again!

We went in August and it was really crowded, so we liked having the cabana to relax in without being in a crowded area. Our attendant was great and took care of anything we needed.

I am not sure about adding people as we only have 3. We rented one for the 1st time last year and thought it was fantastic.

We went in June and it was crazy crowded, it was great to have a nice shady spot that was just ours. The attendant was fantastic, it was very nice to have her bring lunch. We asked to be by the surf pool, as we spent hours there, and had a great spot.

We enjoyed it last year and have booked one again this year.

We have one rented for our trip at the end of this month. We have 9 people in our group and we were allowed to book it for all 9. There was an up charge for the additional guests but I think it was only an extra $10 per person. Not sure if we will get extra chairs but I'm not really worried about that since the teenagers will probably never sit still for long. Lol!

Yes, they can add more people for an extra charge.

Not sure about the chairs. I think it would be hard to get 9 of the chairs under the "roof" of the cabana, but you could have some in the sandy area.

We have had a cabana at TL, for the last several years. We love them! Great to have a home base and shade!

we've rented the beachcomber shacks several times and will be doing so again this summer. i'm not certain either way but i'm pretty sure that 6 is a hard limit. there isn't much extra space so i'm not sure where you'd fit more seats. i also wonder where they would pull the extra seats from? it'd probably be best to give the reservation line a call and see what they say...

Does anyone know the price range on Typhoon Lagoon cabanas? We're going in the middle of September, if that helps.

for July, we're paying around $360. i think i've heard that the price varies some based on time of year but i'm not sure.

Yes, you can add people to the Cabana rental. The price includes 6 people and then anything over is an additional per person cost (I believe the max is 10 people total).

Thanks for asking this question, we are planning on renting one in June and July with some friends while we are starting with just the 6, if it comes down to the day and we say have and extra couple could we pay when we check in at the park?

Also where is the check in at?

Those of you that have rented do you feel that you really got your moneys worth?

Hi, we've (literally) just booked a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon for July when we go. Apparently we can only choose one when we turn up. Does anyone know where they are located or if there are preferred areas? With 2 small kids I'm thinking near Ketchakidee Creek.

Any help much greatly received!

Thanks

Just booked for August and looking forward to it. He told me that the cost is for 6 and there is a charge of $25/pp over the 6th person. Total cost is 362.10 Can cancel with 24 hours notice. Just looked up some pics and they look like something I am looking for to get out of the hot sun.

In the past some of the CMs have been misinformed & say that it is only allowed for the 6 people, no more. If you're told that, don't worry about it, just make your reservation for the 6. Once you arrive that day you can add more, up to 10 people.

We rented an umbrella in the area right above the wave pool. There were 3-4 cabanas in that area as well. It was an awesome location! It was secluded and allowed us to see everyone in the wave pool. Like our own little island.

So when do you get the number that you are using for the day? Is it first come, first served type of thing?

they'll give you your cabana number and take you to it when you check in. i don't know if they pre-assign them or not. i've always assumed so but, to be honest, it isn't something i've ever stressed about. all of the locations are pretty nice.

I've seen some reports that some of the cabanas have a lot of traffic noise from the freeways. Anyone know which sections have the traffic noise issue?

If I remember correctly, the number on our umbrella in the great location above the wave pool was 24. When the CM showed us to our area, he said we had the best location in the park. :dogdance:

It did seem like our umbrella was pre-assigned before we got there. I definitely think some areas are better than others. I walked by several cabanas and thought how glad I was that we weren't paying a bunch of money to be there.

When I called to pay for our umbrella for our trip in July, I requested the same area above the wave pool. I also notated the #24 in case they are using the same number assignments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!