Typhoon Lagoon Cabanas

I don't know about adding more people. We are a family of 5 and rented a cabana at TL two years ago. We loved it and would definitely do it again!

We went in August and it was really crowded, so we liked having the cabana to relax in without being in a crowded area. Our attendant was great and took care of anything we needed.
What was the Cabana # of the one you rented? We’re trying to decide which one to rent? Thank you

What was the Cabana # of the one you rented? We’re trying to decide which one to rent. Privacy and shade are very important to us. Thank you

I don't know about adding more people. We are a family of 5 and rented a cabana at TL two years ago. We loved it and would definitely do it again!

We went in August and it was really crowded, so we liked having the cabana to relax in without being in a crowded area. Our attendant was great and took care of anything we needed.
Could you please share with me the Cabana # you rented? We’re trying to decide which of them are fairly private. I’ve read some (like #9) shares an umbrella & chair rental pretty much with it. Shade and privacy is very important to us. Thank you.

What was the Cabana # of the one you rented? We’re trying to decide which one to rent. Privacy and shade are very important to us. Thank you

Hi @Samwise75 - :welcome: to the DIS!

Just FYI in case you don’t know this, you can’t reserve specific cabana #s in advance. You can put in a request, but it’s not guaranteed. Cabanas are generally assigned first come/first served that AM, so I’d recommend getting there early if you’re really picky about where you’ll be located. Good luck!

Yes, I do understand that, thank you. I spoke with a couple Disney customer reps who said if we have a particular cabana we’d prefer, they can “note” it under our reservation. And also explained exactly what you said - to get there very early in order to hopefully get the one we want. I’m trying to figure out which ones are the most private and best location. Thank you for your help

DW and I love renting cabanas. We've tried making requests which I am sure they were noted on our reservation, yet they were rarely (if ever) granted.

Even when RD the cabana check-in, they have already assigned all the cabanas for the day. Unless the cabana you want appears to be empty, I would say it would be nearly impossible changing the one you've been assigned to.

How popular are the cabanas in spring? We are thinking of going mid-week in mid-April but would likely be a walk-up as we won't know for certain until possibly the night before- it's our rest day where we don't have anything planned until a 4:30pm FOP FP+. As DH hates being in the sun for extended times, a cabana would be really useful for us assuming there are not other shady places to sit in TL although the cost will also be a deciding factor. This will be our first time at a Disney Water park as adults (I have fond memories of River Country as a kid in the 80's).

We got one in the far away section think it was number 3 or something maybe 4. It was in the corner with the lazy river right below us. The location was great and very quiet. Our attendant was great except for two of them fighting to help us. We had plenty of cold water and towels. She even brought us a bag full of water to take with us to have in our hotel room. We were on the DDP so they took our order for us and brought our food back to us. It was so nice to have a nice relaxing place in the shade to eat and relax. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Our trip that year was in November which was one of the lower cost times. I think we paid like $200. Even though the park was not crowded and we could have easily found a spot with shade it was still well worth it plus the little locker inside was great too.

Has anyone rented a cabana when there were only 2 in your party? It will just be DD10 and I during our September trip. I wasn’t sure if a cabana would be overkill for just two people and maybe I should opt for an umbrella instead?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and I thank you in advance :)

Has anyone rented a cabana when there were only 2 in your party? It will just be DD10 and I during our September trip. I wasn’t sure if a cabana would be overkill for just two people and maybe I should opt for an umbrella instead?

DH and I have rented a cabana just the two of us several times. There is a lot of space for just the two of us, but a good shady spot is a necessity for us at a water park. It's a great home base, very comfortable, the attendants are very good. We rent a cabana over the umbrella chairs as we like the space, the different chair options, the cooler and safe.

@heidijanesmith covered it very very well, in my opinion.

Somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but DS and I got a cabana for just two of us last Sept.

Overkill? Yes.

Really did it more for shade, shade, shade, convenience, a place to rest (read sleep, it was the day after a MNSSHP), space, the locker that comes with it, water, etc. It was ‘really’ hard to justify the cost for anything other than a flat our splurge though.

One negative - for maybe a year/year+ the cabana food menu is not really tailored to individual meals. Most of the menu is for large groups. You can’t just get a turkey sandwich, you have to get a turkey sandwich platter which serves like 10. Chips and salsa? You’ll get enough to feed an army. All with a corresponding massive cost too.

Later in the day our attendant said they’d recently changed things so he could also go get items from any food stand in the park, but 1) he didn’t offer that up until late in the day; and 2) not sure how legit that is.

In our conversation he seemed to indicate the “platter” menu would be changing, so they may not be doing that any more... so YMMV. The experience above was 9/2017.

Hope that helps!

How much are they to rent anyway

A BB Polar Patio in April 2018 is $362.10 including tax. I ‘think’ TL cabana (Beachcomber Shack) rates are the same but not 100% sure. Also I’m not sure if that’s a consistent price all year or if it changes seasonally. Resort cabana rates change seasonally but I’m not sure about the water parks.

A BB Polar Patio in April 2018 is $362.10 including tax. I ‘think’ TL cabana (Beachcomber Shack) rates are the same but not 100% sure. Also I’m not sure if that’s a consistent price all year or if it changes seasonally. Resort cabana rates change seasonally but I’m not sure about the water parks.

And what is it u get in this price

And what is it u get in this price

Cabana, towels, locker (in the cabana), cooler with unlimited bottled water, mug with unlimited soda refills, attendant to order other food/drink/beverage (you pay for anything you order). Depending on the park, some cabanas are thunderstorm safe, some are not. I think that’s about it.

Cabana, towels, locker (in the cabana), cooler with unlimited bottled water, mug with unlimited soda refills, attendant to order other food/drink/beverage (you pay for anything you order). Depending on the park, some cabanas are thunderstorm safe, some are not. I think that’s about it.

Sounds good but at that price they really should throw in a bit of free food and some cocktails

DH and I have rented a cabana just the two of us several times. There is a lot of space for just the two of us, but a good shady spot is a necessity for us at a water park. It's a great home base, very comfortable, the attendants are very good. We rent a cabana over the umbrella chairs as we like the space, the different chair options, the cooler and safe.

@heidijanesmith covered it very very well, in my opinion.

Somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but DS and I got a cabana for just two of us last Sept.

Overkill? Yes.

Really did it more for shade, shade, shade, convenience, a place to rest (read sleep, it was the day after a MNSSHP), space, the locker that comes with it, water, etc. It was ‘really’ hard to justify the cost for anything other than a flat our splurge though.

One negative - for maybe a year/year+ the cabana food menu is not really tailored to individual meals. Most of the menu is for large groups. You can’t just get a turkey sandwich, you have to get a turkey sandwich platter which serves like 10. Chips and salsa? You’ll get enough to feed an army. All with a corresponding massive cost too.

Later in the day our attendant said they’d recently changed things so he could also go get items from any food stand in the park, but 1) he didn’t offer that up until late in the day; and 2) not sure how legit that is.

In our conversation he seemed to indicate the “platter” menu would be changing, so they may not be doing that any more... so YMMV. The experience above was 9/2017.

Hope that helps!

Thank you both so much! I am going to put this down as a “maybe” in my plans. If I have the extra money (and I very well may since I have money set aside in case both Club Villain AND Villain’s Sinister Soiree make an appearance this September...pretty unlikely but ya never know! lol) I may splurge for this on our Typhoon Lagoon day :)

Thanks again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter