Typhoon Lagoon H2O Glow - thoughts?

That was our choice too. If it had been just a regular MK after hours, the choice would’ve been much harder. I’m excited, haven’t been to the water parks in several years. We did a night time event years ago and loved it. Back then, it was more of just an evening emh though. Not having to coat ourselves in sunscreen sounds like heaven to me!
What date are you looking at?

We are also thinking about August 3rd. I contemplated the Villans event but just can't seem to justify the price for it. This seems more reasonable, something we've never done, and I agree not having to worry about sunscreen and hot pavements, with DJ music sounds pretty cool and a nice start to our vacation.

We went last July, and being the first year we didn’t know what to expect, especially since we had never done a Disney water park. By far it was the best activity of the whole trip! Our then 7 yo son absolutely loved it! Low crowds, great character photo ops and great atmosphere! Well worth the money!

We went last July, and being the first year we didn’t know what to expect, especially since we had never done a Disney water park. By far it was the best activity of the whole trip! Our then 7 yo son absolutely loved it! Low crowds, great character photo ops and great atmosphere! Well worth the money!
I'm glad to hear that!
We are thinking of going in July and my kids are looking forward to it. I think we are going to wait until closer to the date and decide kinda last minute, especially with the weird summer weather. 🤞

Oh MY!!! we JUST returned from a 7 day stay at POFQ and we attended H2O glow it's opening night this summer on May 30, What a BLAST!! My 14 year old daughter is STILL talking about it. I wasn't sure what to expect but we loved loved loved it. I would say an 8 and 10 year old would have a blast. My husband and I loved it too!!! We had a hot hot hot day and it was a beautiful night so we were lucky. What a hoot to be in the water park at night with everything glowing, listening to the dance party music and just walking right on to any slide we wanted. The wave pool went all night. We stayed until they kicked our wet butts out. Left with souvenir shirts, glowing wrist bands and light up ice cubes. Man we slept well that night!!

Sounds like the event is a really fun time. Certainly a lot less $$$ than say DAH at DHS.

I am going to see if we can work this in...

Already bought the tickets for the end of June - can you get into Typhoon Lagoon prior to 7:00 or do you have to wait until 7:00?

We just went on Thursday! It was great! No lines on misadventure falls they even let us stay in the raft to ride a second time. Food options were yummy and the drinks were good. Fun night! The water was perfect temp not too cold and not hot out for long. We entered right at 6PM.

We went Saturday night and it poured from 6pm to 7 something and I think around 730 they started opening up things. Unfortunately it made it pretty cold and uncomfortable for us so we ended up leaving early. I think next time I will wait to buy tickets after the weather forecast comes out.

No lines on misadventure falls they even let us stay in the raft to ride a second time.

That’s good to hear. Not that it was some earth shattering problem, but they wouldn’t let us stay on last July. We hopped out, walked around, and reloaded probably 15 times! Staying in would have been easier and more fun.

We are also thinking about August 3rd. I contemplated the Villans event but just can't seem to justify the price for it. This seems more reasonable, something we've never done, and I agree not having to worry about sunscreen and hot pavements, with DJ music sounds pretty cool and a nice start to our vacation.
Totally feely ya on the price tag. But we only get to the world every 2-3 year we are going to trip the life fantastic and do both hoping villain is worth it. We have never done a water park or an after hour party, so... we will have a great time no matter what

Interested in this, but going to play it by ear based on weather (learned that lesson at MNSSHP a couple of years ago). As long as we purchase tickets the night before, we get the AP discount, right?
Doing scary as well we can only hope for good weather, but bring the water shoes and ponchos just in case

Question: do you think you'd be able to see EPCOT's Illuminations from this event? Was considering going on 4th of July and wondering if any fireworks might be visible.

We are on the bus leaving the event now. It was really fun. They have an awesome AP only meet and greet too. They wouldn’t tell us who ahead of time. But unfortunately if taking resort busses back to your hotel you have to go to springs and transfer. That was not what I wanted to hear but am not surprised. We did have short waits for slides FYI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter