Typhoon Lagoon H2O Glow - thoughts?

Sounds like fun and my DH and I are tempted.
I have two concerns:

1. Weather - I really don't want to go in a high wind crazy downpour or forfeit the money so I am hesitant to pre-purchase

2. SNAKES at night - yes, yes I am aware they are always there but many stay hidden away in the hot, hot, hot sun and come out to feed at night. And, no, they are not more afraid of me. In fact, never has one screamed bloody murder and run away from me nor is one likely to die of cardiac arrest from the mere sighting of me. I can just see it now - snake in water slide at night or near garbage can where rodents run amok on other nights.

Oh MY!!! we JUST returned from a 7 day stay at POFQ and we attended H2O glow it's opening night this summer on May 30, What a BLAST!! My 14 year old daughter is STILL talking about it. I wasn't sure what to expect but we loved loved loved it. I would say an 8 and 10 year old would have a blast. My husband and I loved it too!!! We had a hot hot hot day and it was a beautiful night so we were lucky. What a hoot to be in the water park at night with everything glowing, listening to the dance party music and just walking right on to any slide we wanted. The wave pool went all night. We stayed until they kicked our wet butts out. Left with souvenir shirts, glowing wrist bands and light up ice cubes. Man we slept well that night!!
How was the Disney bus transportation?

We are on the bus leaving the event now. It was really fun. They have an awesome AP only meet and greet too. They wouldn’t tell us who ahead of time. But unfortunately if taking resort busses back to your hotel you have to go to springs and transfer. That was not what I wanted to hear but am not surprised. We did have short waits for slides FYI

We also went Saturday. It was so much fun. It was my 5 year old son and my first time to typhoon lagoon. First ride was miss adventure falls no wait! My son loved the wave pool. He had so much energy I couldn't keep up, sent him up the storm slides without me several times. We spent a good amount of time in lazy river. We would definitely do it again. Loved not waiting for anything only bad part having to carry up the tubes by myself so we only rode those once each. So happy the weather was good but I was really worried the forecast leading up to event. We drove our own car and stayed off site but parking was super easy there.

But unfortunately if taking resort busses back to your hotel you have to go to springs and transfer.

I thought they had added resort bus service to the water parks? Is that only from the hotel? If so, we'll definitely use a Minnie Van. I hate doing transfers, takes forever to get a bus out of DS sometimes.

I thought they had added resort bus service to the water parks? Is that only from the hotel? If so, we'll definitely use a Minnie Van. I hate doing transfers, takes forever to get a bus out of DS sometimes.
I thought they added the resort buses back too!

I just attended the event this past Saturday. Minimal crowds, minimal waits, lots of big waves in the wave pool. Plenty of eating options for purchase. We did not find the atmosphere any different than coming in the morning, however. In any of the non-summer months, you can go at rope drop and find equally low waits. We decided we actually like it better in the daytime, because it's warmer when the sun is out. BUT, as a nice consolation, some of the rides (like Crusher & Gusher) have heated water so it was actually pretty enjoyable at the end of the night! I could swear that some parts of the park felt like they were heated too (the air, not the water)... not sure why some parts felt colder than others!

The only downside. The event ended at 11 p.m. We'd come in early and gotten our fill, so we stepped out of the main entrance to exit at 10:50 p.m.... and proceeded to wait till 11:30 p.m. at one of the bus depots for a bus. There were direct buses FROM the resorts (we were staying at the Beach Club, took a bus direct to Typhoon Lagoon with no problems), but no direct buses back to the resort. And not a single cast member at the exit INFORMING US that there were no buses or that we needed to transfer at Disney Springs!!

We saw a bus pick up for some other resorts, like Shades of Green, so we continued waiting. At around 11:15pm, another family had come to join us waiting at our bus depot, and they told us that a cast member had told them to wait there for buses to the Wilderness Lodge -- meaning, they were also not told that they had to transfer at Disney Springs. After a while, we both went to check again after waiting for so long, and only then were we both told to transfer at Disney Springs for a resort bus back to our hotel. By that time, it was 11:30 p.m., so we decided to pay for an Uber out of pocket to go back to the Beach Club despite having waited for forty minutes. This was quite appalling, considering we had just attended a Magic Kingdom After Hours event a few nights before and there were buses back even at 1 a.m. from MK!!

I thought they added the resort buses back too!

They did, but I bet bus routes for these special events go in non-normal patterns. I don’t know that for sure, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Just doesn’t seem like the count is enough for Disney to run the normal bus routes.

Yes they added direct bus service to the water parks BUT not after the special event! Of course we weren’t told that at all. We went out and I happened to hear a man in an orange vest out front (at 10:50) tell someone they had to take a bus to Springs. I was glad I heard him because that was what saved us waiting like the previous poster (but of course we had the bus disaster at Springs and had to wait 1/2 hr to 45 min there so it was no better). Would have taken an uber had I known.
One cool thing they did was put flamingo and duck and dragon rafts in the lazy river. My daughter was thrilled. I guess it has been a lifelong dream (at most 15 years lol) to float on a flamingo.
I also have a concussion from someone colliding with me in the wave pool during one of the giant waves. Quite the goose-egg on top of the old noggin. I wonder how the other person is - had to be his head I would think to hit me that hard. I believe it was an adult man because I saw a couple headed my way before I succumbed to the giant wave lol. That wave pool is sure fun though. We spent a lot of time in the lazy river which was more relaxing for this old woman.
One other thing - someone mentioned snakes and I have a phobia of them. It also crossed my mind that there could be some around that I might not see. I didn’t dwell on it and tried to ignore it while I was there. There was a decent amount of light to see everywhere I was going. I actually mentioned snakes to a lifeguard earlier in my trip when I was in the lazy river and she said she has seen them occasionally but not lately. I told her I would be running on top of water if I saw one and she said she prob would too lol. It was a fun party and we probably would do it again. As mentioned it is similar to first thing in the morning at a water park but we loved it being a little cooler and not needing sunscreen. We went at 6 and left at 10:50. It was nice not having to deal with crowds the whole time. We usually only stay the 1st 2 hours of a day at the waterparks because we hate crowds. It was nice not having to think about crowds the whole time.

I went last year on the last night. Right before school started for my son, so it was a nice send off of summer vacation. It was lightning too close for about an hour, so we hung out until things opened back up. It is a concern that weather will be bad, but once it cleared it was great. The lines were longer than I expected, but not bad overall. We didn't get as much done as I had hoped.

It was great, but the time goes quickly. We went in early at 6, which was nice they do that, but then I missed the handing out of the glow sticks. By the time we went back, they were out. Not a huge deal, but if the glow sticks are important, make sure you go get them in a timely manner at 8.

I wish the parks would be open in the dark more. There is more than enough light, and it is a nice feel during the night.

Does anyone know what time the party food and drinks for purchase are available? We were hoping to arrive at 6pm and eat from the special menu. I'm wondering if it will be available at that time or will we have to wait until the party officially starts.

The only downside. The event ended at 11 p.m. We'd come in early and gotten our fill, so we stepped out of the main entrance to exit at 10:50 p.m.... and proceeded to wait till 11:30 p.m. at one of the bus depots for a bus. There were direct buses FROM the resorts (we were staying at the Beach Club, took a bus direct to Typhoon Lagoon with no problems), but no direct buses back to the resort. And not a single cast member at the exit INFORMING US that there were no buses or that we needed to transfer at Disney Springs!!

We saw a bus pick up for some other resorts, like Shades of Green, so we continued waiting. At around 11:15pm, another family had come to join us waiting at our bus depot, and they told us that a cast member had told them to wait there for buses to the Wilderness Lodge -- meaning, they were also not told that they had to transfer at Disney Springs. After a while, we both went to check again after waiting for so long, and only then were we both told to transfer at Disney Springs for a resort bus back to our hotel. By that time, it was 11:30 p.m., so we decided to pay for an Uber out of pocket to go back to the Beach Club despite having waited for forty minutes. This was quite appalling, considering we had just attended a Magic Kingdom After Hours event a few nights before and there were buses back even at 1 a.m. from MK!!
Yes they added direct bus service to the water parks BUT not after the special event! Of course we weren’t told that at all. We went out and I happened to hear a man in an orange vest out front (at 10:50) tell someone they had to take a bus to Springs. I was glad I heard him because that was what saved us waiting like the previous poster (but of course we had the bus disaster at Springs and had to wait 1/2 hr to 45 min there so it was no better). Would have taken an uber had I known.

That is a bummer about not having direct buses back to the resorts & having to switch at the Springs. Thanks for the heads up! We will plan accordingly in July.

We wish we would have known
I’m really sorry that it put a damper on your night, but I’m really glad I learned this before deciding to buy tickets, so thank you very much for posting! Having to spend at least an hour getting back to our resort is a dealbreaker for me.

I’m really sorry that it put a damper on your night, but I’m really glad I learned this before deciding to buy tickets, so thank you very much for posting! Having to spend at least an hour getting back to our resort is a dealbreaker for me.

Yep. I figured it was pretty important for people to be aware of it.

We went Saturday night and had an awesome time as well. But I have to agree, the bus situation was super frustrating! My husband called and asked in advance if there was direct bus service and was told yes there was. They failed to mention it was only one way!!

We stayed at the event until it closed at 11:00. When we got over to the Springs, there was a broken down bus in the slot for AoA and Pop, with a line spilling out of the queue and down the sidewalk. It ended up taking us over an hour to get from TL to Pop. :mad:

Moral of the story is drive yourself, Minnie van or Uber!! It definitely put a damper on the end of what was otherwise an awesome night!

We went Saturday night and had an awesome time as well. But I have to agree, the bus situation was super frustrating! My husband called and asked in advance if there was direct bus service and was told yes there was. They failed to mention it was only one way!!

We stayed at the event until it closed at 11:00. When we got over to the Springs, there was a broken down bus in the slot for AoA and Pop, with a line spilling out of the queue and down the sidewalk. It ended up taking us over an hour to get from TL to Pop. :mad:

Moral of the story is drive yourself, Minnie van or Uber!! It definitely put a damper on the end of what was otherwise an awesome night!

We were there then too. The purple Aladdin bus! They couldn’t close the back door. We were so tired and just wanted anted to get back. We were the first people on the third bus that came after they removed everyone from the broken bus.

Dh and I are considering going to this. We’ve never been to the Disney water parks but just bought APs and it sounds fun.

No way are we going to deal with bus transfers late in the evening, especially at DS. They really need direct busses, even if they have to combine resort stops. As it is, we’ll use Lyft or a Minnie Van to get back to AKL. They really should make it clear about transportation options.

I was at the last one last year, 4 adults total and we LOVED it! All slides were a walk on! Other than being after dark, low crowds and Woody and Jessie, it wasn't that different from any other time at the water park. While there were kids there, it did seem to be aimed a bit more toward adults. We already have our tickets for this year!

Our party last year started late (40 min) due to weather--just be aware this can happen and there will not be any adjustments to the close time nor refunds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter