typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach

schwobe

Earning My Ears
Hi

Can anyone tell me whether Blizzard Beach or Typhoon LaGoon are usually open in January. We are planning a trip for end of January and are not sure if we should include these.

Also can you tell me whether they are appropiate for a 7 year old and 4 year old

thanks

Carol:rolleyes:

If BB is open I would recommend that one. They have a little kid and an inbetween area for the kids. It is a great park with terrific theming. It is our favorite park.

This past January Typhoon LaGoon was open but not Blizzard Beach.We have not done a water park as we go in January. The weather is iffy at best for a water park. Most days our trip it was low 70's but had been colder the week before. DS did swim in the resort pool a few times but it was quite cool on getting out. He would stay in the pool until ready to go in and then run to the room for a warm shower. I am not sure how it would feel walking around wet at those temps. The week after we left if was even warmer and it might have been great for a water park.

Jordan's mom

It was posted recently that Typhoon Lagoon will be down for re-hab into December, so January should be a go. Don't know about Blizzard Beach.

we have gone in Jan and feb. Typ Lagoon is the ONLY park that has ever been open when we are there. It is indeed cool to walk around there wet. We just wait for the first hot day and GO no matter what we have planned. Take large towels and warm clothes. THe only thing that I found uncomfortable was the tubes floating around as it was cool.

I don't know what's scheduled to be open, but if BB is open, I'd also vote for that. They have Tike's Peak (for preschoolers) and a Jr. Ski Patrol area (for kids older than preschool but who still aren't ready for the big rides.) They also have an excellent family raft ride.

Typhoon Lagoon's advantage is that they have a really great wave pool (larger than that at BB). They also have a preschool play area, but there's lots of water squirting from above. I found it wasn't very good for very young children who don't like to be squirted unexpectantly, although with your youngest being 4, that might be o.k. (although maybe it would make it seem colder if it were a borderline day.)

Have a great time. I hope the weather cooperates because the water parks are definitely a blast!

personally I like Typhoon Lagoon the best and we go about 3 or 4 times a year...the kids area is better for little ones and it also offers shade more so the BB...plus water seems warmer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter