Typhoon Lagoon Question

BarbLynnM

ICMongeese
I've looked at the available info, and can't find answers for a couple of questions.

1) Does Typhoon Lagoon have changing rooms or areas (other than regular restroom facilities) with or without showers?
2) Are there usually enough lockers for people, and do you have to supply your own lock?

Any info about TP is welcome :)

I don’t think there are showers (not that I noticed anyway) but there are changing facilities and small lockers. The large size barely fit my backpack which is a standard laptop size, but they have a keypad. No padlock necessary, I believe $15 to rent using a kiosk that takes CC.

Yes there are changing rooms with showers. The showers are in the back around a corner. There are also changing rooms without showers. The showers have soap in a wall canister thingy.

There are plenty of lockers. They are outside the restrooms and you pay for them and use a code. There are plenty.

I purchased a water wallet for the price of a locker. Can keep my items on me. I usually leave my phone in the car then. I have never had an issue leaving my towels and clothes in a bag on a chair. Just putting that out there. I am sure most are not comfortable with that.

Yes, there are changing rooms and showers in the building adjacent to the main gift shop, when you walk in head to the right. My wife was able to fit in one changing room with two girls, ages 11 and 9, so there is room to maneuver. You cannot bring your own lock, you must rent to use a locker and I have never seen them sold out, although I have never been there on a capacity type day. I like renting an umbrella for the day, you get 4 towels, 4 chairs, a small table and it is located in a secured area with multiple cast members on site. While not as secure as a locker, I find the reserved seating (some shade) and added security of the location a good value, especially if you are there for more then a few hours.

Yes, there are changing rooms and showers in the building adjacent to the main gift shop, when you walk in head to the right. My wife was able to fit in one changing room with two girls, ages 11 and 9, so there is room to maneuver. You cannot bring your own lock, you must rent to use a locker and I have never seen them sold out, although I have never been there on a capacity type day. I like renting an umbrella for the day, you get 4 towels, 4 chairs, a small table and it is located in a secured area with multiple cast members on site. While not as secure as a locker, I find the reserved seating (some shade) and added security of the location a good value, especially if you are there for more then a few hours.

What is the cost for this? Is this different than a cabana rental? TIA!

I was at Typhoon Lagoon the Tuesday after Easter, 4/23. I believe the price fluctuates depending on the season they are in. I paid $60 for the umbrella, the beach shack (cabana) was over $250, I forget the exact amount because I passed on that option quickly. I rented from the High and Dry Shop/Stand/Bar. When you walk in bear to the right and when you see the main gift shop on your right look to the left and HD is right there. It use to be a towel rental stand, now it does towels, umbrella rentals and has a bar (which is a very strange mix). Towels for non resort guests run about $2 and a locker will cost about $15. You can call their reservation number to get the price for the week you plan on visiting. The umbrella includes towels, 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a drink table, good for 4 people comfortably. The shack (12x12 gazebo) I have never rented, looks to seat 6 (nice cushion chairs), has a safe, towels, mini fridge with bottled water, refillable drink mugs and a concierge who will go grab food/drinks for you. We were there from 10 until about 4 and found the umbrella rental to be worth the money. Sure at rope drop you have your pick of seats, but shady areas fill up fast and when you need just a few minutes of downtime and your seat is overrun with people, or you are eating lunch as the person next to you is spraying their kids with sunscreen, it is not relaxing at all, it could actually be quite stressful depending on your neighbors. The reserved umbrella/shack area is quite nice, we usually select the one adjacent to Leaning Palms, they have a decent lunch menu, bathrooms on the backside of the building and easy access to the lazy river. There is beach sand and lots of trees creating a relaxing environment away from the crowds. I believe there are 16 umbrellas in this area, but they are nicely spread out, you are not right on top of your neighbor. Even if filled there is a lot of space and the trees provide a great seclusive feel. Blizzard beach has similar options as well. Last year we went to BB on a cooler day during value season. We did not rent an umbrella because there was nobody at the park and we planned on only being there for a few hours (we also did not need the shade and preferred the sun for warmth).

Does anyone know if there are outlets in the changing rooms?

The showers and changing rooms have been great time savers, given how long it takes to travel across WDW (even with a car). Sometimes you don't want to go back to your hotel room before heading to another park or a dinner reservation.

Also, ending your trip at a water park is great because you can get cleaned up before heading to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter