Typhoon lagoon solo?

Someone28624

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done typhoon lagoon solo? How is it? Weather permitting, I was hoping to do it next week. My concern is that it looks like a lot of the slides are multi-rider only, and previous posts on the subject make it seem like they might not pair you up.

There are some slides that need 2 people and there are a few family raft rides that require 2 however, other than that you should be alright. I wouldn't go out of your way to pay to do this if you are going solo. If it is included in your AP or something where you can do a half day without paying more then sure go for it.

Has anyone ever done typhoon lagoon solo? How is it? Weather permitting, I was hoping to do it next week. My concern is that it looks like a lot of the slides are multi-rider only, and previous posts on the subject make it seem like they might not pair you up.
I did a solo visit last May. Overall it was nice, but there were a couple issues being solo. The CMs don't pair people up, so it's up to you to ask others.

Miss Adventure Falls is 2-4 people. I was able to partner with a group of 2 (a dad and his adult daughter), which was fun (FYI, I'm a 30ish woman). Crush n Gusher has 3 coasters, 1 can be solo, but the other two are pairs only. Gangplank Falls is multi person, which I didn't attempt, but Keelhaul Falls and Mayday Falls are right next to it and those are solo rides.

So I'd still recommend it. Definitely try to get with another group on Miss Adventure Falls because that is new and fun; the others I wouldn't worry too much about. And don't forget about the lazy river - I loved just laying there and doing 1.5 laps while listening to the music!

Having done both of the water parks solo, my preference would be for Blizzard Beach--though unfortunately I see it's not open during your trip. I think there's still plenty of fun to be had at Typhoon Lagoon, but it comes with accepting that you either have to really put yourself out there or just plan to skip the multi-rider slides. I haven't done it in years, but I recall that I had a surprisingly hard time finding someone to ride Crush 'n' Gusher with me--I think people who go in groups pair themselves up before they even get to the queue area. It's a different set of expectations than you'll find at the non-water parks.

Thanks for the tips everyone! My trip is over and I didn’t end up going. I ended up keeping plenty busy with the theme parks. Maybe next time!

Hah, that's what I get for reading "next week" and not checking the time stamp!

Glad you had a good time with the theme parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter