typhoon lagoon vs blizzard beach for kids

btsmom

Earning My Ears
which water park is better for preschool-aged kids? its really hard to tell from the websites...

which water park is better for preschool-aged kids? its really hard to tell from the websites...

My son was 7 on our last trip but he does not like water slides. He was able to ride some of the younger children's slides and he loved it! I really personally enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon much better than Blizzard Beach. Their lazy river was really filled with dirt and leaves due to the shade trees all around it. It didn't seem like there was a lot for him to do there due to his height he was not permitted on the smaller slides at Blizzard Beach and he was too afraid to do the larger slides.

I prefer Blizzard Beach for the lil ones. Their "child" section has a lot more slides. My two boys can play and go on slides for hours.

I would go with Blizzard Beach as well. Our little ones enjoy the theming and slides better than Typhoon Lagoon.

My kids prefer BB as well. The kids area was really nice. And the wave pool is calmer-more than likely causes it's not a typhoon ;) And the family raft ride way better.

Kae

can't compare them (never been to BB) .... I can say that my 5 year old and 4 year old thoroughly enjoyed TL last week ... my oldest could not get enough of the wave pool and the large (6 foot ?) waves ... it was his favorite park ... my youngest enjoyed the slides but the wave pool was a bit too much for her

so it sounds like bb would be better for my 4yo -- right? what are the chances of doing both in one day? they dont look very big at all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!