Typical timeframe for sellers?

adwiggins

Earning My Ears
what is typical timeframe for sellers to return paperwork? Is there a certain amount of time the title company waits before it just falls through or they contact them? We passed ROFR on the 8th, received our documents Monday and immediately sent funds back and title company received them a week ago. They told me today they are yet to receive documents from the seller

Sellers sometimes have a hard time letting go, may have legal requirements depending on local law, be busy, may be on vacation, need several people to sign. Have your broker get in contact with them.

:earsboy: Bill

what is typical timeframe for sellers to return paperwork? Is there a certain amount of time the title company waits before it just falls through or they contact them? We passed ROFR on the 8th, received our documents Monday and immediately sent funds back and title company received them a week ago. They told me today they are yet to receive documents from the seller

WOW, if I didn't know better I would say we have the exact same seller.

It really varies by seller. Our 2 contracts, the seller had the paperwork back very quickly, about as fast as we had ours turned in. I have read many other reports of people waiting weeks. I would contact your broker to see what is going on. They may have changed their mind, having trouble making the last step, or they could be out of town, with it being summer.

The two resale contracts I bought ranged from 1-2 weeks, but I've seen others on here say it took longer. Sometimes the broker will ask the sellers when they expect to return the documents when it's been over a week, so you have a better idea of what's happening.

I'm on the reverse side now. As a seller, I returned our notarized documents the next day and it's been 1.5 weeks and the buyers haven't returned theirs yet. But I was expecting this since they were slow with the original contract.

It really depends on each seller. We received our closing docs on 6/8 (Friday) and returned it on 6/11 (Monday) with payment. Still waiting on the sellers to return.... broker said they've promised to return this week, fingers crossed. On the closing thread, others have mentioned waiting up until the closing date on the contract before their sellers returned docs and some have had their sellers change their mind.

And there can be a screwup with the documents from the title company. As the seller, I filled my paperwork out promptly and returned only to find out there was an error in them. Title company had to resend everything and start over.

And I’ll bet you money that they didn’t tell the buyer it was their fault for holding up the transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter