U 2 hot to walk, run, get surprised?

I have a funny story about meeting on-line "friends". I joined an on-line quilting group several years ago and we enjoyed swapping and telling stories, etc. Well, the group decided to get together to have a quilt camp for a week in the Memphis area. DH and I talked it over and we decided I should go. Well. In order to keep the cost down somewhat, we were going to share hotel rooms with another camper. Someone each of us had never met before. One of the other gals, Fernie (her on-line name) and I decided to room together. Her kids were horrified! How do you know this person is not an ax murderer?

Well it was with much trepidation that I went to camp - after all, I had never met any of these women before, except through chat on-line. They could have been anyone.

The end result is that I have made some very wonderful friends from all over the world by going to quilt camp every year since. Fernie and I consider ourselves to be "roomies" because every time we go to the same camp, we share a room. Now, we try to get together at least 2 times a year. Except I couldn't go for the 2nd one this year because I ran out of vacation time. :confused3

In all fairness, Dee and I became lifelong friends BEFORE the actual meet and I know she will agree with that We initially met through D's threads and then I read all about Dee & Mark's wedding vow renewal It was an inspiration

Dee had also jumped onto my thread My marriage was hanging over a cliff and the added stress of a bad accident I had in Jan, financial stresses caused by it, and a DH that had to stay out on the road ( truck driver ) many more months then planned had us in a very bad state She reached out with prayer and support Reminding me what is important in life and encouraging me through it all

We moved our friendship beginning to PMs then email then phone calls

The foundation of our relationship ( sisterhood, friendship ) is based on a mutual
belief in our Lord We make no secret about that We have laughed and cried together So NO this was not a typical Dismeet this was a " coming home" with that first hug :hug:

I am truly blessed to have Dee and her wonderful family in my life ( even though to Mark I will forever be " the stalker " ) I'm glad we all took a chance !

I think I am all caught up.

I didn't realize that Jellyrolls had a cover; good to know since we are staying at the Boardwalk in December and may want to go there.

I assume you got your pizza at the Boardwalk Pizza window???

I could go absolutely nuts in the Boardwalk Bakery and gain 20 pounds in the process.

Love the photos at Typhoon Lagoon.

I have a funny story about meeting on-line "friends". I joined an on-line quilting group several years ago and we enjoyed swapping and telling stories, etc. Well, the group decided to get together to have a quilt camp for a week in the Memphis area. DH and I talked it over and we decided I should go. Well. In order to keep the cost down somewhat, we were going to share hotel rooms with another camper. Someone each of us had never met before. One of the other gals, Fernie (her on-line name) and I decided to room together. Her kids were horrified! How do you know this person is not an ax murderer?

Well it was with much trepidation that I went to camp - after all, I had never met any of these women before, except through chat on-line. They could have been anyone.

The end result is that I have made some very wonderful friends from all over the world by going to quilt camp every year since. Fernie and I consider ourselves to be "roomies" because every time we go to the same camp, we share a room. Now, we try to get together at least 2 times a year. Except I couldn't go for the 2nd one this year because I ran out of vacation time. :confused3

In all fairness, Dee and I became lifelong friends BEFORE the actual meet and I know she will agree with that We initially met through D's threads and then I read all about Dee & Mark's wedding vow renewal It was an inspiration

Dee had also jumped onto my thread My marriage was hanging over a cliff and the added stress of a bad accident I had in Jan, financial stresses caused by it, and a DH that had to stay out on the road ( truck driver ) many more months then planned had us in a very bad state She reached out with prayer and support Reminding me what is important in life and encouraging me through it all

The foundation of our relationship ( sisterhood, friendship ) is based on a mutual
belief in our Lord We make no secret about that We have laughed and cried together So NO this was not a typical Dismeet this was a " coming home" with that first hug :hug:

I am truly blessed to have Dee and her wonderful family in my life ( even though to Mark I will forever be " the stalker " ) I'm glad we all took a chance !

I didn't realize that Jellyrolls had a cover; good to know since we are staying at the Boardwalk in December and may want to go there.

I assume you got your pizza at the Boardwalk Pizza window???

I could go absolutely nuts in the Boardwalk Bakery and gain 20 pounds in the process.

Loved your update Dee! Your family photos at TL are fantastic!!! It sounds like you had a great day!

I loved the icecream pail... I think that will be going on my must do food list for our next trip! LOL

Can't wait to hear about your Dismeets and who you all got to meet. :)

D~

Whew you have been an updating gal!!!

Love that you guys had fun at the water parks but sorry that you didn't have that option on your AP's. :sad2:

Were you able to get your money back from it?

Hoping Ruthie meets up with you!
I quoted & am commenting a little backwards tonight. I don't think I will be doing an update. I am exhausted. For any sports fans, it was one of those days/nights today. Last minute wins for 2 of our teams.

:rotfl: I am a die hard (no pun intended) Criminal Minds fan, so every time I think of meeting a stranger I can relate it to an episode. :confused3 Quilting episode next monday stay tuned. dadadaaaahhhh :rotfl2:
So nice you have made such great friends. These are the risks we take in life. Some times they work out. Ah...sometimes they end up killing you??? ahhh...:scared: I am so happy you have made such wonderful friendships!!

AWW Ruthie you did it again... :sad: This midlife thing, my emotions are crazy enough, thank you very much. :flower3:
It is true, we have a close friendship/sisterhood. I try not to judge anyones spiritual beliefs, and I prefer not to put myself out there for judgement. But am more than happy to pray to whom I call God for anyone that would like me to, or just concentrate on happy positive thoughts if you like. I have been raised there are certain things you don't discuss. You live them. It is a matter of enticement not advertisement. Walk the walk, etc. I fail miserably...often. In my previous PTR & TR I spoke more freely of who I am and what I believe, that is how Ruthie & I opened up to each other. That has led us to be kindered spirits of sorts. And often tissue carrying friends. :grouphug:

I didn't realize that Jellyrolls had a cover; good to know since we are staying at the Boardwalk in December and may want to go there.Yes it is good to know. I am assuming we paid cash.

I assume you got your pizza at the Boardwalk Pizza window???Yeah, Cat Kora's maybe? We ate it out on the wet chairs.

I could go absolutely nuts in the Boardwalk Bakery and gain 20 pounds in the process.That would certainly be easy to do. I think I gained 10 just waiting in line!

Thanks. I am pleased they hid my rolls. (speaking of gaining 20 pounds. :) )

Loved your update Dee! Your family photos at TL are fantastic!!! It sounds like you had a great day!Thanks D~ Nice having a little one to put in front of the belly.

I loved the icecream pail... I think that will be going on my must do food list for our next trip! LOLShe enjoyed it. I sneaked a spoonful, but all that was left was the hot fudge. Which was very good.

Can't wait to hear about your Dismeets and who you all got to meet. :)

D~
I still am sorry our ships passed in the night.

Whew you have been an updating gal!!! I feel like I have to finish before I forget it all. It already seems like it was so long ago.

Love that you guys had fun at the water parks but sorry that you didn't have that option on your AP's. :sad2: We did enjoy ourselves, and ultimately I have no regrets spending the money.

Were you able to get your money back from it? No. I called. They explained that yes, they had that promotion. They "pulled my records. I had purchased the regular AP ( I think she called it premium, which is probably where some of my confusion thinking we had the ultimate one) The promotion was for the AP premiume Plus, the promo brought the cost down to less than $1. more than the regular AP. My side was, why did they not advise me either when I purchased them OR when I traded my voucher in to up it to the PRemium plus. Honestly, by the time I spoke to the woman, I was so pleased with our over all vacation the $200 didn't seem so bad. Ultimately she issued me a 1 day pass for a water park for each of us 4 for future use. Which is at least something. I think she emailed me something to bring with me to trade in for the tickets. Come to think of it, I should print that before something ends up happening to my email account or something. :rotfl:

Hoping Ruthie meets up with you!

Both of my boys thought we were nuts meeting "strangers" at Disney and elsewhere for DIS meets. They too thought we would be stabbed , shot or something else.:lmao::lmao:

Then Mark and I met my best friend/soul sister from here on the DIS and we now talk almost every day. Andy met her when he went to Marco with us two years ago and then spent a week with her and us at Disney last Decrmber for hubby's surprise 60th birthday trip and he finally got it.

HI! I am still here reading along! everything is so special.. I do love that pail full of ice cream and really can go for about 3 of them right now...

glad you did get to do to the water park....

Dis meets.. yeah i was a little apprehensive too.. But then i found the most WONDERFUL people i have ever come into contact with. Some i have met in real life some i haven't YET i still consider them close friends who i know i can trust. some of my Dis friends i consider closer then most people!!!
Yet there are still people out there who you still have to keep an eye on. and i don't trust. it's just like anything and must keep your wits about it!

:grouphug:

regardless there are more GOOD people then not!!! :cool1:

Both of my boys thought we were nuts meeting "strangers" at Disney and elsewhere for DIS meets. They too thought we would be stabbed , shot or something else.:lmao::lmao:

Then Mark and I met my best friend/soul sister from here on the DIS and we now talk almost every day. Andy met her when he went to Marco with us two years ago and then spent a week with her and us at Disney last Decrmber for hubby's surprise 60th birthday trip and he finally got it.

This is very cool!

HI! I am still here reading along! everything is so special.. I do love that pail full of ice cream and really can go for about 3 of them right now...

glad you did get to do to the water park....

Dis meets.. yeah i was a little apprehensive too.. But then i found the most WONDERFUL people i have ever come into contact with. Some i have met in real life some i haven't YET i still consider them close friends who i know i can trust. some of my Dis friends i consider closer then most people!!!
Yet there are still people out there who you still have to keep an eye on. and i don't trust. it's just like anything and must keep your wits about it!

:grouphug:

regardless there are more GOOD people then not!!! :cool1:

It is nice to meet people you connect with.
I agree there are people on & off line that are not trust worthy, considerate or respectful to my feelings. I just avoid them. All kinds of "friends" have come into my life. Some stay for the long haul, some "just keep swimming". And some have left behind footprints in my soul that shall never fade.

No update today, at least not this afternoon. I didn't want to get behind on my comments though.
Thanks again to everyone reading along. Whether you are commenting or not.

Just wanted to add I spent some time thinking about some of the comments about friends and the people we meet in life It doesn't really matter the initial circumstances of how we meet IMHO I believe we meet who we are supposed to meet and either give them something from the experience get something from the experience or a double blessing a mutual gift of give & take that compliments each other ( this being true friends or as you put it Dee kindred spirits maybe )

We've all been hurt in life, every single one of us, but I continue to keep myself open to the experience of reaching out Not naive mind you I know not everyone is going to be a positive experience in my life but I choose to think maybe I can be a good influence in theirs ...maybe for just a second

If I didn't feel this way I would have missed out on one of the best gifts ever given to me, caring people , those of you who know what I went through with an injury earlier this year know the angels that flocked to my side and got me help Those Dissers I may never meet, I hope to, but what they did for me putting people into my life will never be forgotten....no matter what

Now listen lady get on with the report ;) Love you hope you are feeling well today

Just wanted to add I spent some time thinking about some of the comments about friends and the people we meet in life It doesn't really matter the initial circumstances of how we meet IMHO I believe we meet who we are supposed to meet and either give them something from the experience get something from the experience or a double blessing a mutual gift of give & take that compliments each other ( this being true friends or as you put it Dee kindred spirits maybe )

We've all been hurt in life, every single one of us, but I continue to keep myself open to the experience of reaching out Not naive mind you I know not everyone is going to be a positive experience in my life but I choose to think maybe I can be a good influence in theirs ...maybe for just a second

If I didn't feel this way I would have missed out on one of the best gifts ever given to me, caring people , those of you who know what I went through with an injury earlier this year know the angels that flocked to my side and got me help Those Dissers I may never meet, I hope to, but what they did for me putting people into my life will never be forgotten....no matter what

Now listen lady get on with the report ;) Love you hope you are feeling well today

Okay, stocker lady. :wave2:

Thank you to everyone for their comments. I may be timid about meeting "strangers", but I enjoy the camaraderie (thank goodness for spell check on that one), on the disboards.

I am now going back to see where I left off & hopefully I will complete this TR tonight.

So, we showered & headed to DHS. We had a new character we had never met before. She was witty, cute, and very lovable. Well, actually, the older "kids" had made other plans. (chickens) I can't remember what, but it was something they wouldn't have had other time to do. So, DH, Miss M. and I met the new character. A true 1st time Dismeet!!!

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232fp7349;>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=394569539232;nu0mrj

Ruthie aka Luvchefmic !!

I had forgotten something in the car....again. I think it was either the rain coats, or my camera. ...again. So, Miss M. and I waited for DH to come back, all the time watching for Ruthie.

Ruthie spotted us (thank goodness for texting). She was chatting it up with the bag check cm. Then she came over & big bear hugs were given. While chatting with the bag cm she found out he was from the Boston area. So, we went over to say hello. I don't know how she does it, but Ruthie seems to just make people smile. We walked away from that cm & we all had smiles on our faces. While we continued to wait for DH (who actually had to go back to the resort if I remember correctly), Ruthie presented Miss M with a few gifts, and me with a little something as well. I think Miss M. rocked her new glasses.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1395914_10202395700480767_596192802_n.jpg

One DH caught up to us we headed into the park. We decided to ride The Great Movie Ride. As I mentioned I lvoe this ride. No front row , front car this time. But, someone did sit much closer to the front than we did. Someone we recognized by her ears. Custom Mickey ears that is. Ruthie & I tried to yell to her, but she didn't hear us. It was no other than D~ aka DMGeurts. We were seated pretty far away from her so, I'm not surprised she didn't hear us. Ruthie tried to text, but as you all know, the rings are not always audible in the rides. When we got off, dh & I got the wheelchair straightened out, which tends to be confusing. Ruthie was chatting with Miss M, so by the time we both texted D~ again they were long gone. And we unfortunately never did meet up with them.
From here Miss M & dh wanted to go on Star Tours, again... I don't do Star Tours. This gave Ruthie & I a great opportunity to catch up. Ruthie was hugnry & I thirsty, so we hit the food court there. I forget the name. We grabbed a seat & had a wonderful chat. Many laughs and before we knew it Miss M and DH caught up with us. Next we headed to One Man's DReam. Well, you know you are with another true Disney nut when they are excited to go there. We knew we didn't have enough time to do the movie, but we really enjoy this & wanted to atleast walk through the artifacts and such. This is where the first picture I posted was taken. One of the kind cm's took the picture for us. I am very grateful. I don't always think to ask someone to take a full family picture, so this I sincerely appreciated. :grouphug:
Upon leaving OMD we headed to the front of the park. Starting to leave, when we got to the hat, we realized the MU bash was going strong. We all got a big kick out of the cheerleaders! So, Ruthie asked one of them if they would get in the picture with us & could another take the picture. Well, she was very polite & asked us to wait a minute. We needed props. Acutally, maybe it was Ruthie's idea for the props. Was it Ruthie? My memory. I have to get better at note taking.
http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...;<=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:365:448423:ot1lsi

Then, the cm decided that just wasn't good enough! This is where a cm can really stand out!
http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...;4=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:36594;9;23:ot1lsi
We needed ALL the cheer leaders! It was such a cool experience & Miss M. still talks about it. Unfortunately, we had to leave. We had 1 last surprise for the kiddos. For the college grads. So, we said our goodbyes to Ruthie and may our way to the DHS exit for the last time this trip.

AS you can see from the pictures in my last post. Our first Dismeet went very well. We had a lot of fun. And I truly do believe somehow for some reason Ruthie and I are meant to have met. Even DH admitted it was great fun & he was very very happy we met her. On a side note, which I don't think I have ever mentioned to Ruthie, we have a great friend who's mother DH & I loved very very very much. Her name was Ruthie. She was built very much like our new friend Ruthie, and always smiling. Again, like Luvchefmic. Often bringing joy into the lives of others with her smile, her words, her kindness. She didn't have much, but what brought her the most joy was human beings, so she in turn would try her hardest to bring them joy. After meeting Luvchefmic, DH commented on, how similiar these two Ruthies are. I like to think our heavenly Ruthie brought two new friends together to hopefully share joy.
So, will there be more Dismeets in our future? Yes. Did we warn Miss M. that you don't meet strangers without mommy and/or daddy. Yes. Did we warn Miss M. that you don't give ANY information on any website, email, chat, etc. ...not even your school mascot? Abosulutely. I mean after all, we have to give her something to use against us when SHE is 22. :rolleyes2
Will the older kids be more willing to meet a disser? Yes, they actually said they were very sorry they did not have time to spend with Ruthie.

Now, on with the last surprise. Any guesses? I will begin it, but will most likely not be able to finish, so it will give you all enough hints that perhaps you will guess before I update tomorrow.

Before I left home I had been in touch with Disney regarding a special event. Something I had decided to do for the college graduates. I was very proud of them. After all these kids (in case I hadn't mentioned it already), Lost a beloved grandmother,4 months later a beloved Uncle (well our friend by they always knew him as Uncle Frank. And he was actually closer than most people are with their uncles), 5 months after that a grandfather, 6 months after that another grandfather. That makes 3 grandparents and a beloved "uncle" in 15 months, all between fall of their Junior and spring of their Senior years of college. In all honesty, I barely got through the grief. My son graduated Deans list on time. My daughter 3 months late, but with incredible grades. (my other son is to graduate this December). So, yes, they DESERVED special recognition for their incredible strength and determination. So, I had begun teh planning. I researched many many options for a special event. BUT, it had to be something they both would like. NOt a spa treatment. WE had already done a private dessert party for Illuminations last Nov. for DH & my vow renewal. Maybe a Fantasmic dessert event. Maybe, surfing lessons. Maybe a night at Splittsville. hmmm. There seemed to be a negative or uncertainty to everything. Then I saw it. So, I planned. I decided it needed food. Nothing hot though. It definitely needed a graduation cake. What else. Oh yeah, ears. They needed graduation ears. Okay, I set it all up. The cake was so difficult to decide on. I couldn't have princess. The castle didn't seem right either. So, I thought long & hard. I finally figured it out. I set everything up through private catering. Finally all we had to do was show up. Which leads me back to the trip report at hand.
I told the "kids" to meet us at .... Disneys Grand Floridian. And I told DS to bring his graduation Mickey ears we had given him for his graduation Party. I had packed K's. You can imagine my disppointment when he told me he forgot his. Well, the disappointment I WOULD have had IF I had not brought an extra pair for Miss M. (she did after all graduate elementary school). Thank goodness I had not told her they were for her. so, I pulled out my 2 pair of Mickey ears. And made my 2 graduates pose for a picture.
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1377405_10202341053154618_1340197057_n.jpg

Still bummed that I didn't get to meet you all - and we were SOOOO CLOSE!!!!

And from the sounds of it - we followed eachother around the park afterwards... because I believe we went to One Man's Dream right after that, then TSM? I would have to look at my notes to verify (and it's still dark here this morning...)

It sounds like you had a GREAT Dismeet and had a lot of fun! I am so happy for you - I know - it's not always easy meeting people you don't know, especially the first few times. Fortunately - the girls and I have formed some very special bonds with the Disers we have met and we have had nothing but great experiences.

I can't wait to see what this next big surprise is all about!!!

D~

that was the most touching commentary :blush: you have certainly set the bar high for me to live up to I'm happy I remind you of another Ruthie that was in your lives Glad I didn't remind you of someone you didn't care for :lmao:

I was equally impressed with all of you and look forward to meeting the rest of your family

Sorry we kept missing D & her girls & their friends too..hopefully the next time everyone is down here

I have a 2 clearer pictures from our Dismeet so here they are: Just for the record it was the CM that did the whole " Lets get more cheer leaders in here" "Let's get more props" I had only asked if we were allowed to take a picture by the large megaphone from the MU Bash parade...she took the ball and ran with it

She really gave us a magical moment didn't she? I sent a letter and her manager has already acknowledged her THIS is what WDW is all about ::yes::

The second picture is framed and on my desk ( along with a few other pictures of great friends met through the Dis ! )
Can't wait to read about the rest of your fabulous trip Love you

Oh my gosh! Why didn't I jump in here sooner?? I've seen you around the boards and wanted to make it over here and now I see what I have been missing! I've been completely in tears over the surprise trip, the engagement and all. I still have to read more but I wanted you to know that I love how everything came together for this wonderful trip. :)

Would you not think that I would learn??? I just finished the last night of our stay. commented on everyones posts and it was lost! I am just:confused::mad::headache:

I can't possibly do it again tonight. I must apologize. I had intended to finish this Saturday, but due to circumstances I couldn't control, I wasn't able to. Now here it is Monday, and still I didn't finish. I'm sorry. Maybe tomorrow.

Would you not think that I would learn??? I just finished the last night of our stay. commented on everyones posts and it was lost! I am just:confused::mad::headache:

I can't possibly do it again tonight. I must apologize. I had intended to finish this Saturday, but due to circumstances I couldn't control, I wasn't able to. Now here it is Monday, and still I didn't finish. I'm sorry. Maybe tomorrow.

I hate that when it happens!!! You poor thing! :goodvibes

Hmmm, I have no clue what you are up to but I can't wait to read more about it! popcorn::

I hope you enjoy it.
Still bummed that I didn't get to meet you all - and we were SOOOO CLOSE!!!!

And from the sounds of it - we followed eachother around the park afterwards... because I believe we went to One Man's Dream right after that, then TSM? I would have to look at my notes to verify (and it's still dark here this morning...)

It sounds like you had a GREAT Dismeet and had a lot of fun! I am so happy for you - I know - it's not always easy meeting people you don't know, especially the first few times. Fortunately - the girls and I have formed some very special bonds with the Disers we have met and we have had nothing but great experiences.

I can't wait to see what this next big surprise is all about!!!

D~

Hopefully, next time we will be there together we can meet up. WE did have a great dismeet.

that was the most touching commentary :blush: you have certainly set the bar high for me to live up to I'm happy I remind you of another Ruthie that was in your lives Glad I didn't remind you of someone you didn't care for :lmao:

I was equally impressed with all of you and look forward to meeting the rest of your family

Sorry we kept missing D & her girls & their friends too..hopefully the next time everyone is down here

I have a 2 clearer pictures from our Dismeet so here they are: Just for the record it was the CM that did the whole " Lets get more cheer leaders in here" "Let's get more props" I had only asked if we were allowed to take a picture by the large megaphone from the MU Bash parade...she took the ball and ran with it

She really gave us a magical moment didn't she? I sent a letter and her manager has already acknowledged her THIS is what WDW is all about ::yes::

The second picture is framed and on my desk ( along with a few other pictures of great friends met through the Dis ! )
Can't wait to read about the rest of your fabulous trip Love you
Thank you for everything Ruthie! Your pictures did come out better than ours. I will have to get those printed with mine if I ever get the courage to get them printed ($$$$) With all those engagement pictures, etc. :scared:

Oh my gosh! Why didn't I jump in here sooner?? I've seen you around the boards and wanted to make it over here and now I see what I have been missing! I've been completely in tears over the surprise trip, the engagement and all. I still have to read more but I wanted you to know that I love how everything came together for this wonderful trip. :)
Thanks for joining us! I love your food TR's. It was a very magical vacation! I am happy it all came together well too! I hope you enjoy the rest of the TR!

Fantastic UPDATE!!! i cannot wait to hear about the NEWEST SURPRISE!!!
Thanks Mo! I am excited to share it, but finished it once, and lost it, so I need time to get myself together before I begin again!

So sorry you lost your update... I hate it when that happens. Take your time - we will all still be here. :)

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter