U2 Joshua Tree Tour

ms.yt

DIS Veteran
I know there are some fellow U2 fans on here, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has been to the Joshua Tree tour. I went to the Dallas show Friday night, and it was amazing! I was miffed that I was only able to get general admission tickets, even with my U2.com membership, but it was a blessing in disguise. We managed to get super close. I've seen them twice before, in St. Louis in 1992 and Nashville in 2011. Both times my seats weren't that great. This was a whole new experience! I swear Adam looked right at me once when everyone's eyes were on Bono on the extended stage.

***SPOILER ALERT - PHOTOS***

Here are a few of my pictures. I just had my cell phone, so they're not the best. Plus, I was so focused on listening to the music, I just hastily took a few shots here and there. Not my best work, but I'm glad to have them.

I believe they started the tour in Vancouver, BC.

They only had one concert around here at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. They went over their scheduled end time and there were tons of complaints from the neighbors. They also had to add extra unexpected light rail service and that costs the transit agency money. Stadium service is already a money losing proposition. The concert seemed pretty good from the various vids I've seen.

I was in HS when they had the original Joshua Tree Tour. They came to the area twice - two at the Cow Palace near San Francisco, and two in Oakland at the Coliseum. A HS friend was a huge U2 fan and attended both venues. He also was peeved when he missed their free lunchtime concert in San Francisco. He was ready to play hooky from school to go, That was the time Bono spray painted a public fountain.

I havent been to any of their concerts but I met them in 2006. I used to work in cafe in the flagship store of the Irish version Barnes and Noble in Dublin. They did a book signing in the store for their book U2 BY U2. After the signing they came up to the cafe for some refreshments. Their families were with them and I spoke to The Edge and Adam Clayton and brought them some water and food. I didnt get any photos of them as it was a professional situation. But when I was clearing the tables after they left I found the pens they were using for the book signing :)

I've seen them several times, and would have probably passed, but since they were doing the Joshua Tree - I was in. I just saw Radiohead in Atlanta (amazing) and I haven't decided which show I'm going to go to but Interpol is doing "Turn on the Bright Lights" in Europe in late summer, so I'm going to catch that too. The end of the year the National and Father John Misty (saw him twice last year) are also going on tour, so between that and a ton of other good shows, its a GREAT year for music for me. Seeing Sigur Ros in a couple of weeks too, with the symphony! So glad to hear it was excellent.

They made a stop on Jimmy Kimmel Live

This is my favorite song ever.

I remember the video for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For helped the image of Las Vegas. Downtown became more popular and they would get bigger names coming to Vegas.

I mentioned the spray painting incident in San Francisco. Rattle and Hum made it seem like it was done during a different song, but it was actually during a performance of Pride (In the Name of Love). I found some low quality video someone took of it.

I love your pictures...they are great!!!

I am going to the show in Philly on June 18th. They are my all time favorite band and to say I am excited about the show is a gross understatement. :teeth::teeth::teeth:

The original Joshua Tree tour was my first U2 concert and I think I've seen every tour except Elevation. I go to U2 shows with my sister...we had GA tix for one of the IE shows at the Garden but we were a little too intimidated by the size of the stadium. We would have done Red Zone but I missed the red zone tix even with a U2.com membership and being ready to go the second they went on sale. It's going to be so amazing...thanks for sharing your pictures!!

I would have loved to see U2 again. They have been my favorite band since high and I have seen them twice. In there last tour I couldn't go because I just had my son. I swore nothing would make me miss the next tour. Well, here I am this summer at home with my newborn daughter missing another tour.
Hoping they tour again soon. Not missing that one!

I would have loved to see U2 again. They have been my favorite band since high and I have seen them twice. In there last tour I couldn't go because I just had my son. I swore nothing would make me miss the next tour. Well, here I am this summer at home with my newborn daughter missing another tour.
Hoping they tour again soon. Not missing that one!

Congrats on the new baby!!!

They are supposed to tour on the songs of experience album when ever they get around to releasing it. :D

I saw the original tour at the Silverdome in Pontiac, MI. I still have the t-shirt.

They're close to me(Louisville) on the 16th. I'm thisclose to pulling the trigger and buying tickets.

We're missing the Philly show because she are headed to Disney that day. :(

We got to see them once, in 2005. We prefer GA because you can be on the floor. Of course, we stood in line 13 hours to be up front...

The first time I saw U2 I had never heard of them before. This was in 1982. A friend asked me to go with her to their small club appearance in Philly. The venue was maybe half full. Within a year they became popular and started playing larger theaters, and then within a few more years arenas and stadiums.

The first time I saw U2 I had never heard of them before. This was in 1982. A friend asked me to go with her to their small club appearance in Philly. The venue was maybe half full. Within a year they became popular and started playing larger theaters, and then within a few more years arenas and stadiums.

Its so cool you remember it! I've seen tons of shows that don't register. Super neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter