Uber and Lyft ride costs

dzd

Supreme Leader
Can people chime in here on the costs of their Uber and Lyft rides? I’m trying to see if it would outweigh the cost of a rental for our trip and maybe it could be a good resource for others.
Please use the following format:

ORIGIN-DESTINATION: time of day ($CO.ST)

example:

BLT-DHS: 8:10a ($8.79)

abbreviations optional

Both Uber and Lyft have calculators right on their sites. You can also go to Ride.guru and it will compile them.

Without knowing every move you’ll be making, this will be your best way to determine what makes more sense for your group.

load the apps

you can enter any FROM TO and get the 'now' price

nothing is booked until you confirm/accept . . .

do note that pricing is 'dynamic' ... what you get can differ by day / time but USUALLY it isn't a big difference.

The suggestions you received above are the answer.

Anonymous posters giving random experience (which may be years old and out of date) would be meaningless.

If you want to use your Uber app to give you some estimates, do the following:
  • Open the app
  • tap "Where to?"
  • At the top of the screen will appear your current location, and a box for your destination.
  • Tap your current location and type in a starting point (BLT, for example)
  • Type in the destination (DHS)
  • You will receive fare estimates for each available class of Uber service between the two points.
    • One added benefit of using the app for estimates is that service levels at WDW may be different from what you have at home. For example, Uber offers some vehicles with one child seat at WDW; probably doesn't offer that option where you live.
Also, keep in mind the capacity limitations.
  • Because of Covid, UberX is no more than three riders
  • XL is no more than 5 riders, and you may need XL if you have fewer riders + luggage.
Also don't forget to include any resort parking and/or theme park parking charges in your rental car calculations.

Can people chime in here on the costs of their Uber and Lyft rides? I’m trying to see if it would outweigh the cost of a rental for our trip and maybe it could be a good resource for others.
Please use the following format:

ORIGIN-DESTINATION: time of day ($CO.ST)

example:

BLT-DHS: 8:10a ($8.79)

abbreviations optional
I know for the lyft app if you download it on your phone you can do some sample trips putting in point A to point B and it will give you the cost of cars currently available. I am guessing that lyft costs could vary on time of day and based on demand, but i could be wrong.

I am guessing that lyft costs could vary on time of day and based on demand, but i could be wrong.
Yes. As Capt BJ mentioned above, both Uber and Lyft use "dynamic pricing," which means the fare is adjusted to reflect demand and availability, or lack thereof.

You can also get "surge" pricing, where the companies charge some multiple of the fare, and that can really drive the price up. And just so you know, Uber or Lyft may charge you $20 extra, but the driver only gets $2-3 of that.

You can also check tentative prices via google maps. Plug in your destination around the time of day you would be taking the cab & it gives estimated costs. Prices fluctuate with weather, time of day, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter