Uber from VWL

Anna114

Pluto Rocks!
My husband and I will be at VWL from 4/30-5/9 for our 30th ann. Spent our honeymoon at the Poly. I have ordered from Garden Grocer and am very happy with them. However, I plan to do some light cooking since we are there so long and are in a one bedroom. I have never Ubered (is that even a word?) Does anyone have a rough estimate of cost (or where I could find a chart?) from the beloved Lodge to the closest Publix and liquor store? I figure turn around time will be about 1 1/2hrs. Is it better to get Uber there and then call for a return trip or is it better just to keep the car with us.... is it that much more expensive? Is Uber cheaper then a cab? Is there a better place that would give us two stops and return us? We are taking ME from MCO. My Husband really likes ME (I know, don't get me started :sad2:) so getting something from the airport is out. Thanks for any help with this, I sound like such a newbie but have been going to WDW for years.

We used Lyft from BWV to MCO, and it was $24. I can’t imagine it would be more than that unless you’re requesting them during peak hours. And you’ll likely just get dropped off and request another driver when you’ve completed your shopping. Drivers pretty much swarm around WDW, so it shouldn’t take long.

You will need to use two Uber’s. One for each direction. I’ve never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an uber at Disney. It’s super easy to use. Download the uber app and set up your payment options before you go.

Uber works well. I recommend you get the app and take a couple of trips in your hometown to get the feel of it.

The easiest way would be to take the Uber to the store, and then order another Uber when you are finished.

Uber should be roughly half the price of a cab.

Uber has changed they way I visit Disney- no longer rent a car. It's very cheap to go anywhere within property-- only $8-12. I will often will take the bus to the parks, but after a long day of walking and waiting I HAPPILY pay $10 for an instant, private ride home :)

If you have a Delta frequent flyer number and enter it into Lyft (which is Uber's competitor), you will get discounts put into your Lyft account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts