Uber from Warner Bros to Disneyland Hotel

KareyS

Earning My Ears
We are doing a private tour on a Monday in January of the Hollywood sites and ending with the Warner Bros tour. The tour company said we could save money if we ubered back to the Disneyland Hotel vs have them wait for the tour and take us back. We have used uber all of 3 times in our life, do not live in a big city and are planners who don't like uncertainty, so I have questions. Please forgive me it these seem naive. When I price this it says around $70 for the trip. What are the chances that goes up a lot? What are the chances there won't be a driver willing to pick up the ride at 3:30ish on a Monday afternoon (I am thinking its a hassle due to distance and traffic)? Googling has lead me to believe traffic (increased time) will effect the price but not substantially, is that true? We will be able to use UberX and we do not want to drive ourselves.

3:30 on a Monday afternoon is going to take a lot longer than noon on Saturday. Drivers are willing, especially in the Los Angeles area, and they'd probably rather have a longer trip than several short ones. Price it again on Monday at 3:30 PST to get an idea.

3:30 on a Monday afternoon is going to take a lot longer than noon on Saturday. Drivers are willing, especially in the Los Angeles area, and they'd probably rather have a longer trip than several short ones. Price it again on Monday at 3:30 PST to get an idea.
Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. The $70 was done last night (Friday at about 7:30 CST) but the suggestion to try it at the exact time/day is great. I also appreciate the info on drivers. Thank you.

Your chances of not finding a driver willing to do the trip are about as close to zero as you could get. Pick up should be within minutes. It’s the fact you’re travelling during peak hour that’s the real issue, the price could certainly surge so be a lot higher. You’d be travelling with the commuter traffic during rush hour. Do make sure you not only have the Uber app but the Lyft app as prices can be different.
Would you consider having a late lunch or doing some shopping and having dinner to wait out the rush hour until about 6-30pm, maybe 7pm or so? You could Uber (or Lyft) over to Universal Citywalk or to the Ovation Mall in Hollywood, maybe even the Glendale Galleria.

Your chances of not finding a driver willing to do the trip are about as close to zero as you could get. Pick up should be within minutes. It’s the fact you’re travelling during peak hour that’s the real issue, the price could certainly surge so be a lot higher. You’d be travelling with the commuter traffic during rush hour. Do make sure you not only have the Uber app but the Lyft app as prices can be different.
Would you consider having a late lunch or doing some shopping and having dinner to wait out the rush hour until about 6-30pm, maybe 7pm or so? You could Uber (or Lyft) over to Universal Citywalk or to the Ovation Mall in Hollywood, maybe even the Glendale Galleria.
Thank you!

I was thinking if there's time, perhaps visit downtown LA. Maybe just a short Uber ride there, spend some time, and then take a train back to Anaheim, where that also includes free fare on ART. Amtrak California's Pacific Surfliner has a discount code to Anaheim, although the Metrolink Orange County Line has cheaper fares. If you're in Anaheim anyways, you might familiarize yourself with using ART and their A-Way-Wego app for requesting on-demand rides. I believe regularly scheduled rides between Disneyland and the train station are limited to certain peak hours, but mostly it's done with on-demand rides requested kind of like requesting an Uber ride.

Use promo code V712 to save 20% on your trip to Anaheim. Simply use our booking tool to explore options and prices. Make sure “Adult” is selected as the passenger type.​
Present your train ticket for a free shuttle ride from the Anaheim Station to the Disneyland® Resort. Check out a step-by-step guide on our blog.​

Ride ART connecting the dots to fun
ART bus lines that directly connect with Metrolink and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains at Anaheim (ARTIC) or Anaheim Canyon stations, will honor valid Metrolink and Amtrak tickets or passes.​
Passengers must show a valid Metrolink or Amtrak ticket or pass. Guests using OC bus passes will be honored at ART/OC bus shared stops.​
The following ART bus Lines accept valid Metrolink and Amtrak tickets as full fare for travel to and from stations. Anaheim Canyon Line. AT ARTIC the ART bus picks up at bus bays 12 & 13.​

I've been somewhat of an advocate for public transportation, although Burbank is not the greatest place for bus schedules. But the fare is only $1.75 now with up to two hours transfers as long as one had the interagency fare card (TAP). Taking the bus back to Disneyland would be an adventure, but I've done that from downtown LA or vice versa.

Public transportation isn't that bad if you've got a smart phone and a mapping tool that can access real time bus info. I have an iPhone and it provided real time info in where buses were on their routes, although it wasn't always working for every bus.

The above suggestion is a good one, but can seem overwhelming if you are not already familiar with using public transit in your hometown.

I think sticking to Uber or Lyft is actually your best bet for easy, straightforward transportation.

Personally I like the Lyft app much better & find them to be cheaper at least 90% of the time. Always price both.

A good cost saving, and less confusing option could be to take an Uber/Lyft to the train station, take the train to Anaheim, then Uber/Lyft to the hotel. Try pricing the two short trips. A longer trip may or may not be worth it to you. With Uber & Lyft, longer trips are not always a lot more than two much shorter trips. The pricing structure is different than how taxis work.

The above suggestion is a good one, but can seem overwhelming if you are not already familiar with using public transit in your hometown.

There certainly needs to be a comfort level to taking public transportation, purchasing and using fare cards, familiarity with electronic mapping tools, etc.

But for me there was a first time and it was an adventure. Prior to last year, I don't believe I've ever been on public transportation in Southern California. But I feel comfortable taking it now, although I may not fully understand which areas might be sketchy or not.

I think sticking to Uber or Lyft is actually your best bet for easy, straightforward transportation.

Personally I like the Lyft app much better & find them to be cheaper at least 90% of the time. Always price both.

A good cost saving, and less confusing option could be to take an Uber/Lyft to the train station, take the train to Anaheim, then Uber/Lyft to the hotel. Try pricing the two short trips. A longer trip may or may not be worth it to you. With Uber & Lyft, longer trips are not always a lot more than two much shorter trips. The pricing structure is different than how taxis work.
Thank you.

I think I mentioned that Amtrak California's Pacific Surfliner and Metrolink train tickets to/from Anaheim include a free one-way fare on Anaheim Regional Transportation (ART). But it gets tricky because there's not much scheduled transportation and the typical means to arrange transportation is to request a ride.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rideart.awaywego&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/a-way-wego/id1589114302

And the agreement is with Metrolink's (SCRRA) and Pacific Surfliner's (LOSSAN)joint powers authorities for that transportation. I'd taken an Amtrak California arranged bus to Anaheim that connected with an Amtrak San Joaquins train in Bakersfield. I don't believe that ticket was supposed to be valid for taking ART, but I suppose if I presented it to an ART drive there might not be much of a distinction. I wouldn't expect ART drivers to know all the ins and outs of Amtrak ticketing. The ticket said my destination was Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter