Uber to Contemporary for MK?

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
Last year we were waiting for an Uber to the MK out front of POFQ when a CM asked where we were headed. She told us Uber would not be able to drop us at the Contemporary but would be diverted to the TTC. I’ve see countless reports since then of it working. Is that still the case? Will we be able to be dropped off at the Contemporary without a reservation?

Uber to CR will work
Or, you can take a MinnieVan directly to the MK front gates (same area as taking a Disney bus to MK.)

Disney cant block any ride service from driving up World Way. They could prevent them from entering the security gate for the Contemporary, but you could always be dropped off just outside security. Its an easy turn-a-round.

I just got back from 8 days at bay lake tower @ contemporary... every time we walked over to magic kingdom we saw Uber/Lyft dropping people off right at the security gate for bay lake tower.. people would jump out and walk over.. car would pull a u-turn and leave

We decided not to chance it. We took the resort bus to the Magic Kingdom that morning but walked over to the contemporary to Uber back at the end of the night. It was well worth the price to have a calm and crowded place to sit and wait for seven minutes knowing I had a seat for the drive back. 14 hours on your feet does take a toll.

Can't you just say you're going to the QS at CR? Or would they still not let you in?
I have read a lot of worrying posts about that, but I don't think I've ever read an actual case where someone was prohibited from taking Uber to any resort or theme park.

The grounds of the theme parks and resorts are private property and technically Disney could prohibit anyone from entering if they wanted to. But why would they want to? Does anybody seriously think Disney DOESN'T want people going to resorts and theme parks?

Generally Uber and Lyft are allowed to drive anywhere the public is allowed to drive -- and Disney appreciates Uber and Lyft bringing all those OFF-site folks to WDW to spend money!

We've used Uber to get to the CR a number of times, they pull in to the resort driveway and then turn around in he first parking lot and drop us off. We were staying there at the time so not sure if that made a difference? We went there from AK for what its worth.

Do it all the time over to BLT...though we do have them pull up to main entrance. Just did it last night- beats craziness at TTC at the end of the night! Plus, quicker security on the walk over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!