Uber with a stop?

Ed J

Removing my ears
Never needed / wanted to stop anywhere while using Uber.

This trip we want to buy a case of beer and water on our wY from MCO to our hotel. How's that work? Do I simply ask how the driver how much they want to stop? Can I request this ahead of time? If so how?

Any ideas are appreciated.

If it's on the way I would just ask them to stop and give them a cash tip. That's what we do when we want to stop for snacks on the way home from a night out at home haha. If it's out of the way, put in the store as the destination, tell the driver you want to stop but then go to xyz. Once you get close to the store, change the destination on the app and you should be able to continue your trip to the hotel. Again I would tip them for taking the extra time to stop.

Uber is in the process of making the addition of up to two stops available in the app, but I don't know if the Orlando market has it yet.

The intent of that change is to allow for multiple stops to pick up or drop off passengers on the same ride. For example, a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a mom and two kids, then went to a second location and picked up another mom and kid, and drove them all to a friend's house for a pool day. At both pickups, both groups were standing on the curb when I arrived, so the pickups were fine.

However, shopping trips are not so fine, and most drivers will say no to a shopping request. Shopping takes time, and waiting for shoppers means missing additional rides, which costs the driver money.

Ask the driver if it's okay, agree on a tip amount, and set (and adhere to) a short time limit, and the driver may agree.

If the driver won't agree to waiting, you have the option of getting out at a grocery store and then requesting another Uber from there to your resort. That would be a very minimal delay for you because there are Ubers swarming in Orlando, but you would have to unload and watch your luggage while you shopped.

There is no way to set up a shopping trip in advance through Uber. You could set one up using Uzurv, but that would involve the driver violating Uber and MCO airport pickup procedures, so I would not recommend that alternative. A ride on those terms is not worth the risk for the driver.

Another option is to use one of the grocery services: WeGoShop or Garden Grocer. Contact your hotel and see if they accept those deliveries. If so, that is probably a better and less expensive option.

A driver may be more willing to wait for a quick stop at a convenience store than for one at Publix; a little palm grease would definitely be an incentive. WalMart is pretty much out of the question.

Honestly, I'd just close out the Uber, go do your shopping and request a new car. It's not as if you'll have to wait long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter