1/4 cup vegetable oil

2 1/3 cup coconut (divided)

1 box lemon instant pudding

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup nuts

1/2 cup margarine

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In mixer bowl, combine, cake mix, fruit cocktail, eggs, oil, 1 cup coconut, and pudding. Beat well with mixer for 4 minutes.
Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan. Mix together brown sugar and nuts and sprinkle over batter. Bake for about 45 minutes. While cake is
baking, mix margarine, sugar and milk in small pan; cook and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the remaining 1 1/3 cups coconut. Spread
over baked cake and ENJOY!

Thanks pumba..looks like I found an easy desert for our reunion next month. I really wanted to find one with coconut, but different than the usual stuff.

Just made this for the runion. I could not find lemon pudding but did find orange. I also decided to use crushed pineapple instead of the fruit coctail. The topping seemed to be to little so I doubled the brown sugar and nuts(used sliced almonds). It was wonderful.

to modify the recipe......that is when cooking is fun......making recipes to suit our needs and cupboards.......thanks again:bounce:

I always put my own spin on recipes. I have even tried to make myself follow them to the T before but I always end up doing something a little different.

How do you think it would turn out if I used a bottle of cherries instead of the fruit cocktail, and whirrl them up in the processor, and use coconut pudding instead of the lemon?

Just an idea, my son is so into coconut and cherries lately, thought I might give it a try?

:D Thanks

Hi everyone... I just wanted to let you know that I made this for a little party we had last weekend. I used pineapple and butterscotch pudding. It was such a hit, I can't even tell you. I gave out the recipe to 3 people.

But one question...the "icing" I made was more like a glaze. Is it supposed to set up?

thanks again Pumba...this stuff is great!

:)

the butter scotch sounds wonderful. I've considered the next time using one small can pineapple and one can mandrian orange. My topping didn't thicken either. I don't think it is suppose to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter