Uh-oh...this is not a good sign!

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
As some of you know, our family took our first (and what we THOUGHT was going to be our only) family trip with the camper to the Fort. With a 2,600 mile round-trip to get there - we figured this was a one and done type of deal.

Well, I've been back all of 48 hours, and we are already noting that we will be in TN next summer with the camper in tow and active AP's. So, guess who's 'one and done' will now be twice in 9 months!

This could get ugly!

Mickeyfan Sit Down, Take a couple of deep breaths, and try to relax. This is a safe place. You are among friends. So just let it all out. We won't Judge you Our only concern is to help you get through it and help you get through the worst of your Disney Withdrawal Syndromes, and help you plan your road to recovery by sharing our experience, strength, and hope for our trips. Our stories describe what it was like , what happened and what it is like now. Remember the only shame in being a Fort Wilderness Addict is doing nothing about it and if we can't hear you we can't help you

This could get ugly!

And expensive . . . :rolleyes1

By your signature, mickeyfan, you've been to WDW many times and I hope some of those times were in summer. Cuz if not, WDW in summer can wear you out. It's not pleasant like this past October - it's draining.

But hey, if you're that close (TN), it's only one little ol' day's drive to the Fort.

Bama Ed

PS - if you look at the dates in my signature, I avoid June/July/August. That's just me personally....

Last edited:
And expensive . . . :rolleyes1

PS - if you look at the dates in my signature, I avoid June/July/August. That's just me personally....

We have avoided summer as much as possible - but the kids have reached a point at which off-season trips are no longer feasible. We have done late June in the past, as well August this past summer. We've also done mid-September a number of times which really isn't all that different. With our history, we don't have to do marathon days, and FP+ makes that a much nicer option. Up early in the morning to hit some highlights and do FP+ selections - back to the campground by lunch for a relaxing afternoon - return to the parks after a nice dinner somewhere. It will be a short visit (4 days), but will let us hit a few highlights and, hopefully, check out Toy Story Land!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!