Ultimate 21-days Ticket, Upgrade to AP

cwis

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

Has anyone been recently in the Parks with a Ultimate 21-days ticket try to upgrade itself to an Annual Pass with the WDW app? I was wondering how much it would charge for this, I know last year the upgrade would have cost 386$, but since the price of the AP increased recently, I suspect it might be pricier today.

Thanks all!

Sorry it took so long to update @bellasmummy I was able to speak to Anderson at MS - unfortunately she had no info other than what we already know :( she confirmed that we can upgrade our UK Ultimate tickets at guest services in the parks but sadly she had she couldn't tell me how much - just that we would be credited the price we paid against an annual pass cost.
We have a couple of nights at AK's Jambo (we own DVC there|) next January, then plans for a two week trip during October half term and possibly a week around Christmas so will be worth upgrading for us :cheer2:just need to decide whether to buy the Ultimate from Disney or buy US tickets at the gate on the day.
Hope you have a wonderful time - look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Last edited:
We've upgraded in the past but didn't last January as between the increase in the cost of the AP and the poor exchange rate it was too expensive. APs are now dearer and the change rate even worse so reckon I could well decide to give it a miss again if things stay the same.

OP here, following up. Bought a 21 days ticket, now at WDW.

The app would allow me to upgrade to a Platinum Plus pass by paying $595 plus $34 tax (522£). It has applied a value of $624 for my tickets, with is an impressively good deal, as this is worth 110£ more than the 21-days ticket at current day price.

Buying a pass this way, you would pay your Platinum Plus pass 927£, instead of 1071£ at current day price and FX ($1219 plus tax $79.24). This is a 13% discount!

For those of you following here and paying in euros, the Platinum Plus upgrade is 570€, which prices the pass at 1035€ instead of 1169€, which is a less but nonetheless interesting discount at 11%.

The app would allow me to upgrade to a Platinum Plus pass by paying $595 plus $34 tax (522£). It has applied a value of $624 for my tickets, with is an impressively good deal, as this is worth 110£ more than the 21-days ticket at current day price.

Buying a pass this way, you would pay your Platinum Plus pass 927£, instead of 1071£ at current day price and FX ($1219 plus tax $79.24). This is a 13% discount!

For those of you following here and paying in euros, the Platinum Plus upgrade is 570€, which prices the pass at 1035€ instead of 1169€, which is a less but nonetheless interesting discount at 11%.
Thank you so much for posting @cwis - this makes our decision much easier. Will definitely go ahead and do it when we're there in January :)

This is so helpful. So could you upgrade on arrival at your hotel or did you have to wait until your tickets became active? We arrive two/three days before the ticket package begins. Thank you.

So we have a package which includes 14 day tickets and free MM. We are going to upgrade our tickets to APs as we are returning within 12 months and the APs also include MM. I understand that we will not get any credit for the ‘free’ MM. So could I just gift the free package MM to someone else? If so, how would I do this?

No you can't gift it or at least I've never heard about gifting it. Although its "free" with the ticket it is part of the UK tickets so it doesn't have a value or anyway to transfer. Also have you factored in only one person needs an AP to get the parking and discounts etc? With the recent price increase we've decided to just upgrade one as thats all we really need.

No you can't gift it or at least I've never heard about gifting it. Although its "free" with the ticket it is part of the UK tickets so it doesn't have a value or anyway to transfer. Also have you factored in only one person needs an AP to get the parking and discounts etc? With the recent price increase we've decided to just upgrade one as thats all we really need.
Thank you. Our next stay is in July and the 21 day tickets for that date is £469 or approximately USD 570, so for the second AP it will depend how much more it costs that this. I am hoping that an upgrade figure will appear in MDE when we check in in September but I fear we may have to wait until our package begins two days later.
It would have been nice to be able to give the ‘spare’ package MM away.

Thank you. Our next stay is in July and the 21 day tickets for that date is £469 or approximately USD 570, so for the second AP it will depend how much more it costs that this. I am hoping that an upgrade figure will appear in MDE when we check in in September but I fear we may have to wait until our package begins two days later.
It would have been nice to be able to give the ‘spare’ package MM away.

I think it appears after you use your current ticket as in as soon as you enter the park so you might have to wait. I'd just think of the memory maker as part of your current ticket price. When you upgrade what you are doing is just extending that ticket for the extra time. It doesn't mean you have a spare memory maker as yours is just extended to last a year rather than the 14 day time period. That's the best way to look at it rather than thinking of it as you having two.

Would you be so kind as to give a dummy’s guide to how you upgraded your ticket on the app.
Thanks. :flower1:

Would you be so kind as to give a dummy’s guide to how you upgraded your ticket on the app.
Thanks. :flower1:

That's easy once you're on site: open the Walt Disney World app, go to your tickets, and there's a button to upgrade your 21-days ticket to an AP. Click on it, and the next screen shows how much it would cost before you need to pay for the upgrade to actually take place.

That's easy once you're on site: open the Walt Disney World app, go to your tickets, and there's a button to upgrade your 21-days ticket to an AP. Click on it, and the next screen shows how much it would cost before you need to pay for the upgrade to actually take place.

Thanks very much. 😀

So does this overcome inconsistencies from pricing at different parks or Disney springs?

Can you select other AP’s as well? More specifically I’m thinking about the DVC gold AP for DVC members

So on the app no it automatically defaults to the Platinum Plus (or at least this is what mine did). However I wanted to renew my AP that had just recently expired so I could take advantage of the $100 discount and I could do this at a counter and select the Platinum rather than Platinum Plus (which was what I had last year anyway). I would assume that at a counter you can ask for any type of AP as long as you are eligible for it and they will sort

Just noticed the AP upgrade in MyDisneyExperience tonight. Need to link my 14day ticket and see what the upgrade charge is to platinum pass, see if worth it for parking and discount etc. Shame already booked dessert parties and after hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts