Ultra Lite AutoGo by Rascal - Anyone have one?

JKLLady

Mouseketeer
Hi all! My DF currently has a Pride Rascal ECV, but it's now too heavy for him to deal with for transporting. He has a Chrysler Voyager & it needs the seat removed to fit the ECV. He has info about the Rascal UltraLite AutoGo that folds & would fit between the van's seats.
Does anyone out there have one of them or know anyone who does? Are they happy with it? Opinions please!

First Pride and Rascal are 2 different companies. So which does he have? Never heard of the one you are referring to but I would prefer a Pride product over Rascal anyday and would sacrifice the seat and put in a lift for the heavier, sturdier ECV.

Here's a link to the Rascal website.
At the bottom right of the page, there is a link to show you the Fold and Go and Auto Go. They both look very portable, but I guess you'd need to find out what the compromises are that you make to get portability. How far can you go before charging? (an easy way to make something lighter is to make the batteries smaller, but then you give up use time). How much power does it have? (smaller batteries can also put out less power). How much weight can it hold and is he, plus whatever he would carry on it within the weight limits? Another thing to think about is comfort of the seat. We saw someone riding an ultralite ecv last week when we were at WDW. The ecvv was very narrow and the person extended over the seat. That might be comfortable if you are using the ecv for an hour or 2 here and there, but not if using it for extended amounts of time.

The AutoLite has a 10 mile range (the same as his current ecv)according to the company literature; also, it holds up to 300 lbs. & he weighs 180, so that's not an issue.
His current ecv is a Pride Rally (sorry for the miscue, wrong "R" word), but he is not willing to put a lift in the van; he already has a portable ramp.

I was hoping to get a report from someone who's tried them before he makes the investment!

Remember he will be losing considerable range by switching. The Pride Rally if I remember if I remember correctly has a range of up to 20 on one charge. Not 10.

Edited to say: From the Pride website, the Rally has a range of 20 -25 miles per charge. The Go-Go which is similar to the Rascal lite verson has a 10 mile range.
Honestly I would never by anything by Rascal. Pride has always been very responsive as far as customer service and their products are top quality. They even got me a lock for my power wheelchair as I can get out and move around on a limited basis.

I guess no one has experience with it.
You might want to do a search on google.com
I found that the parent company for Rascal is Electric Mobility. Doing a search on google with that name in quotes brought up some reviews of the company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter