Ummm.....NO THANK YOU!

Are you kidding? My DW will not even ride Zoomerang at Lake Compounce.

Zoomerang.jpg

Not very high, just a couple loops and a corkscrew, then you do it again backwards!:banana:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

DBF grew up 20 minutes from King's Island and spent a lot of his summers there as a kid, he loves it there and is very nostalgic about it. We are both Disney addicts (I even abandoned him so I could work at WDW for 6 months!), but when we went to visit his family in Cincinnati this fall he took me to King's Island and while I have to say it's certainly not Disney, it's a great park. I had an awesome time and am looking forward to going there again next time we visit Ohio. Just my .02

I love all the theme parks in Ohio. We get season passes every year. But they are really day parks not vacation parks. I love Disney because it is a vacation. But their 'thrill' rides really are more like the tamer rides at KI and CP. I'm not sure how people can even compare them. :confused3

Since we live in Ohio, we have been to Cedar Point and Kings' Island. Now that we are a family with young kids, Disney is by far the best park. Leave those coasters for the teenagers and young adults! I'm too old for that! I rode my share of coasters "back in the day"! KI used to have a wonderful kids area with Hanna Barbara, then they turned it into a Nickelodeon Universe- which was also good. Now it's a generic Camp Snoopy, which is also at Cedar Point. KI is a long drive for us, so if we want a quick day away we go to CP.

I rode Diamondback last summer for the first time and I loved it. But I wouldn't choose that (or the other rides at Kings Island) over WDW - ever. I love going to Kings Island - we live about an hour away and used to get season passes every year - until we started going less and less and the last year we had them (2 years ago) nobody even wanted to go. WDW is special - it's not about the thrill rides, it's about the entire experience.

That other coaster I no longer ride. I'm not sure what it's called now but it used to be Faceoff. The last time I rode it, my dd and her friend were sitting across from me - as we were going up the first incline and getting ready to go into the flips, my dd's shoulder harness opened - it was held down by the little seatbelt between her legs but it wasn't locked. Scared her to death but she was safe - but I said I would never get on it again, and I haven't. Now the Beast is one of my favorite coasters ever - but last year I learned that I've gotten too old for it - I was seriously sore after being bounced and swung back and forth.

We live right behind Kings Island. We can see/hear the fireworks every summer night from our house. We have season passes too. We LOVE roller coasters so Kings Island is a great park for us. Plus we can go up when we know the crowds are low and hop from ride to ride with the kids. I worked there from age 16 for about 8 years. The Beast is really one of the best roller coasters you will ever ride!

With that said though, Kings Island and Disney World cannot be compared. They weren't built for the same experiences. KI is thrill rides. Disney is the ultimate experience. I am a hard core Disney fan but also love that I live in Kings Island's back yard and have that to enjoy throughout the summer especially since we only get to Disney about every 2 years.

They really can't be compared. But don't knock KI. The roller coasters are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter