*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through the years I've eaten at every restaurant in World Showcase except Morocco. Like I said in another post, it's all somewhat Americanized. Mexico has a strip steak and while it's good, to me that isn't Mexican. I live in a Florida county that is one of the largest domestic sources of tomatoes in the US so we have a lot of Mexicans here. There's a place one town north (Palmetto) that has a number of real Mexican restaurants. One has been here since 1975 and does excellent Mexican food and no strip steak, just good home cooking.
I am very picky when trying Mexican restaurants. The majority of the ones in our area are not good, all Americanized. Nothing ever taste like what my Abuelita used to make. If we want Mexican food, I just cook it at home :)

just got back to israel this morning (after our 11 hour flight from orlando - 2 hours faster than the other direction!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!)

Chani and i had an extra 8 days in WDW after the event and they were super magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, august is HOT, but that's pretty much the only time we can go, so we've learned to live with it (and carry a washcloth around to wipe my face every two seconds)..

everything was fantastic.. we did some outstanding tours, special ticket events, and regular park going....
not to forget some really yummy eating!!

can't wait to go back, though i'm not sure when that will be (other than for sure it will be in the summer)..
but since we're DVC, i know we will eventually!!

it was great meeting those of you i met, but i'm so sorry that there were some of you i somehow missed....
hopefully, i'll have an opportunity at the next event!!

Glad to hear you made it home safely. How was the backstage magic tour?

It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter at the Nomad Lounge event. Discussions concerning politics should always be so civil and informative. Hope to see you again........at the next event!!

Doug :goofy:
really enjoyed meeting both of you as well!

Val & I enjoyed meeting you as well! :wave:

it was great to finally meet both of you!

Glad to hear you made it home safely. How was the backstage magic tour?

it was fantastic!! both of us really enjoyed it..

Last edited:

just got back to israel this morning (after our 11 hour flight from orlando - 2 hours faster than the other direction!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!)

Chani and i had an extra 8 days in WDW after the event and they were super magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so great to meet you and Chani. All 3 of us enjoyed spending time talking to you at Nomad and beyond. Please tell Chani we said hi.

It was so great to meet you and Chani. All 3 of us enjoyed spending time talking to you at Nomad and beyond. Please tell Chani we said hi.

we loved spending time with you too!! i hope we have the opportunity to meet again in the future
chani says hi!! :wave2: she really enjoyed talking with the 3 of you!!!

Have they posted any info about the March event? I took my family to the Pandora event and it was fantastic. My kids still talk about that event all of the time. The Dis knows how to throw a party. I’d like to go to the March event as long as the world gets back to some level of normal... I need something to look forward to!

We definitely want to attend the March event. It's pricey but I'm sure it will be worth it. The big unknown is what the world will look like by then. Will it be safe to travel? Will COVID have died down, or will we will be deep into a second wave? The tickets are non-refundable which means we could lay out $1,200 only to be stuck with tickets to an event we can't attend. There's no way to know so it's a big gamble.

I think we will buy the tickets and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!