*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me down for the possible pre-party meet. One of my Dad's favorite places is Nomad Lounge. So, we would probably prefer that location, but we can decide at a later time.

I might also have a car (will update more when it gets closer). So, I can help with carpooling as of now if need to.

One of my Dad's favorite places is Nomad Lounge.
We went there for the first time in January and really liked it. What a great space to relax and have a drink. DW and I will be back there a week from today as we have dinner reservations at Tiffins that night and I'm sure we will either do a pre or post-dinner cocktail there (or both).

Thanks for the update about no early entrance. That's super helpful.

I don't know that I"ll have park tickets that day (mainly cause I know I need an sizable afternoon nap to bounce later that light), but AKL Victoria Falls is at a resort, so park tickets aren't needed, and it would be closer to cab/uber/Minnie over. I'm not tied to any particular place, just the people.

Weird thought of the day: Since Pandora = Cameron's love for bioilluminesence, shall we theme our party attire with glowy accessories? I think it might be hard to make it a costume/fancy dress event, but glowy accessories are fun. I would be happy to help coordinate an advance, "Get Your Glow On Party" with other illuminatedly inspired people!

We went there for the first time in January and really liked it. What a great space to relax and have a drink. DW and I will be back there a week from today as we have dinner reservations at Tiffins that night and I'm sure we will either do a pre or post-dinner cocktail there (or both).

I gently suggest a pre-dinner cocktail. The dinners are amazing and filling, and leisurely. After "closing out the tab" you are allowed to finish your Lounge cocktail at your Tiffins table. I would also suggest asking your server which of the libation are particular each establishment. I had a great time ordering a pre-pre-dinner cocktail unique to Nomad and then a pre-entree cocktail unique to Tiffins. They also have lovely coffee/ post-dinner drinks. I love Tiffins- really quality experience.

I gently suggest a pre-dinner cocktail. The dinners are amazing and filling, and leisurely. After "closing out the tab" you are allowed to finish your Lounge cocktail at your Tiffins table. I would also suggest asking your server which of the libation are particular each establishment. I had a great time ordering a pre-pre-dinner cocktail unique to Nomad and then a pre-entree cocktail unique to Tiffins. They also have lovely coffee/ post-dinner drinks. I love Tiffins- really quality experience.
We tried 3 of the Nomad cocktails last time. My wife also charmed the bar tender into giving her a free pour of the Disney exclusive Knob Creek bourbon as we are big bourbon fans.

Who is staying where/when?

All Stars Movies:

Animal Kingdom Lodge:
@TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/11 - 8/13

Contemporary:
@Cousin Orville - 8/8 - 8/111

Grand Floridian:

Polynesian:
@AMusicLifeForMe (Zach) and his Dad - 8/7 - 8/13

Port Orleans FQ:
@Ravens girl - 8/6 - 8/12

POP Century:
@TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/6 - 8/11
@SG131 (solo) - 8/3 - 8-12
@wnwardii - 8/6 - 8/12

Saratoga Springs:
@dina444444 (for now)

Off Property:
@Enorto1 and her mom - 8/6 - 8/13 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
@disneysteve and wife and daughter (23) - TBD

Car Pool Information:

Potential drivers:

@dina444444 @wnwardii @AMusicLifeForMe

out of curiosity - why the split stay between pop and AKL?

Hi, long time listener but this is the first event I have been able to be a part of. Very excited.

I have only been to Disneyworld once, but obviously magical enough to keep listening to the podcast for the last 7 years:) My sister it will be her first time.

It will be me and my sister staying at Animal Kindom Lodge 8/8 to 8/12 a long time dream of mine.
Very excited.
Thanks for starting the thread.

Do we just list what of the options you have above we are interested in and you add our names?
Interested in Pre meet up at the AKL if it on the 8th or later.

Hi, long time listener but this is the first event I have been able to be a part of. Very excited.

I have only been to Disneyworld once, but obviously magical enough to keep listening to the podcast for the last 7 years:) My sister it will be her first time.

It will be me and my sister staying at Animal Kindom Lodge 8/8 to 8/12 a long time dream of mine.
Very excited.
Thanks for starting the thread.

Do we just list what of the options you have above we are interested in and you add our names?
Interested in Pre meet up at the AKL if it on the 8th or later.

Welcome!

And definitely let us know of what events posted you are interested it .... but if you have ideas for other events those are definitely welcome too ... and we will keep updating with new ideas

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing the thread TheMaxRebo! My DH Dave and I will be going and we'd like to hit as many events as possible. It will be Beth and Dave at the YC 8/8-8/11. I just couldn't bring myself to move out of the Epcot Resort area. That is where we have stayed for over a dozen years although I was tempted with the price AKL. This will be our fourth Dis Event. We were at Epcot last June and it was incredible!!

We aren't bringing the girls, who are now 21 and 19, so we are up for more bar/lounge type places. We love Nomad but it may close much earlier than the party start at 10:30. I'm sure AKL will still be open until 10:30. The Skyliner sounds like an awesome idea, I hope we are in town for it.

Thank you Tiggerette for being brave enough to admit to needing a nap! I never nap but I'm rarely up past 10:30 either. Disnesteve, I already love your wife if she got the bartender to part with a bourbon!

Disnesteve, I already love your wife if she got the bartender to part with a bourbon!
LOL! I'll tell her you said that.

So after we had our cocktails, she walked up to look at the bar and what they had. We tend to do that whenever we go somewhere new. She saw the Knob Creek but the label looked different and the bartender said it was a private selection for Disney. She asked to see the bottle and then he asked if she'd like to taste it. Of course, she said yes and called me over and we both sampled it.

I'm staying at Pop the 7th - 12th. I'd be interested in trivia and solo events, though I may try and convince my non Dis listening friend to come along. Also interested in some of the other stuff but haven't figured out how much park time vs non park time for the trip. I am interested in in park meet ups too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!